Embarkation Paperwork

speedyerica

Hi everyone,

I am a first-time Princess cruiser and I was just wondering what paperwork we will need in hand as we embark on our cruise. We are flying down from Ontario and I just want to make sure we aren't forgetting to print anything before we go!

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone,

I am a first-time Princess cruiser and I was just wondering what paperwork we will need in hand as we embark on our cruise. We are flying down from Ontario and I just want to make sure we aren't forgetting to print anything before we go!

Fellow Canadian! :)

You will need the following:

- Luggage Tags (optional, or the porter than do them -- just know your cabin #)

- Boarding passes for each individual on the cruise

- Passports

- Credit Card to be used while on board

- Any other documentation (i.e. if you are bringing a child's friend a note from their parents, etc).

This is all we had to bring with us when we boarded.

Hi everyone,

We take a folder with copies of everything, plane, hotel, transfers, luggage tags , all of it. Only had to prove the Mil. OBC once when it did not show up on the ships list. We have it all just in case and it takes up almost no room in the carry on's bottom.;) On the last cruises we transfered from one line to another in Ensenada by walking across the pier. Since everyone else had boarded on buses in San Diego they (the check in point persons) did not have us on the list on the pier for the new ship. Lucky we had our extra paper work with us, made it real easy to get on once they printed new ship cards for us:D.

Edited by Holomoku

The ONLY things you really need at the check-in counter are the "filled out" health form and your passport. You may also present your e-ticket/boarding pass, but if you do not have it, it is not a big deal. If you have completely filled out the online personaliser,and accepted the electronic signature, you DO NOT need to show your credit card.

For Americans (US citizens I mean) you have to remember that cruises on the west coast to Hawaii make a stop in Mexico (and surprise, it is a foreign country) so if you have a passport, USE IT. To many people come with just a drivers license and think it is OK to board....it is NOT OK. Now,some people have been able to board with their drivers license after going through some hoops and filling out a federal declaration that states you may be liable to a $3000 fine if CBP deems it necessary. Take time to actually READ the top paragraph of the e-ticket/boarding pass COMPLETELY before leaving home. Do not pack your documents in your checked luggage, once it is taken into the baggage area it is almost impossible to retrieve it and you may not be able to board the ship.

Like the Boy Scouts say " Be Prepared"

Those of us who work check-in really hate to have to say no or to have to get someone from the ship to eventually say no to your boarding, so, please make sure you have the right documents at check-in, read everything you get from Princess (or any other cruise line you may be sailing) and your cruise will come off without a hitch.

For Americans (US citizens I mean) you have to remember that cruises on the west coast to Hawaii make a stop in Mexico (and surprise, it is a foreign country) so if you have a passport, USE IT. To many people come with just a drivers license and think it is OK to board....it is NOT OK.

Although a passport is better, since this would be a closed loop cruise, a driver's license together with a certified birth certificate is supposed to be acceptable.

We take a folder with copies of everything, plane, hotel, transfers, luggage tags , all of it. Only had to prove the Mil. OBC once when it did not show up on the ships list. We have it all just in case and it takes up almost no room in the carry on's bottom.;)

We take all paperwork that has any prices on it, including OBC. Also, we take the paperwork if we are taking a ship excursion.

We found out accidentally that we did not need our boarding passes to check in on a Carnival cruise. I left all the paperwork on the top of my car after parking it in the hanger they use for parking. By the time we got to the pier, I realized I did not have it. But they said they could check us in without it.

Just in case you have not thought about this, bring some small bills, $1.00 or $5.00 USD with you. So, you can tip the bus driver who brings you to the ship after unloading your bags, the porter who will take your large bags onto the ship, and any room service you order on the ship.

Plus, if you do any shopping in port. Most cruise ports will take USD.

Bob