CEO "They're having a lot of cold up in the north,"

mcatmcat

I understand royal is now in the spotlight for the norovirus and they will say or do anything to defend royal but blaming the cold for the norovirus is ridiculous lol

Fain said that the recent temperature drop in the Northeast may have been a factor in the outbreak. "They're having a lot of cold up in the north,"

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I understand royal is now in the spotlight for the norovirus and they will say or do anything to defend royal but blaming the cold for the norovirus is ridiculous lol

Fain said that the recent temperature drop in the Northeast may have been a factor in the outbreak. "They're having a lot of cold up in the north,"

Perhaps he was misquoted or he mispoke but he is correct that Norovirus is most prevelent in the cold winter months. http://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/trends-outbreaks.html

Mike

When an item like a norovirus on a cruise ship gets this much air time, all I can think is that it sure must have been a slow news day.

Or maybe a way to keep themselves from being so jealous over someone cruising to a tropical location......:rolleyes: I can hear them now...

Yes sir, I would much rather stay home freezing then being on a cruise, everyone gets sick on those ships!:cool:

I always find it interesting when someone always takes one sentence... or one comment from an entire press release/statement and focuses on a few words. Those few words do not deserve the attention. I also believe the Norovirus hysteria doesn't deserve all the attention.

Edited by LindaO

I also believe the Norovirus hysteria doesn't deserve all the attention.

Really, !!! thanks god royal caribbean think that it deserve all the attention. I can only imagine the suffering of those people onboard

He is most sincerely correct...that's why:rolleyes:

Come one people....this happens every year at this time to multiple cruise lines.....it's cold and flu season for crimany sake. I don't get this hype about Noro...it's always been around and always will be, especially in the cold months.

It's no different from getting sick at home only you can't just go home and go to bed:rolleyes:

He is most sincerely correct...that's why:rolleyes:

Come one people....this happens every year at this time to multiple cruise lines.....it's cold and flu season for crimany sake. I don't get this hype about Noro...it's always been around and always will be, especially in the cold months.

It's no different from getting sick at home only you can't just go home and go to bed:rolleyes:

99% of the time I would agree with your above statement but what makes this different is the number of sick reported....700 is the most ever on any ship any line.

There has to be a reason why it spread to so many when in the past it hits a much smaller percentage.

Hopefully the CDC test results and investigation will show the reason and it can be rectified if it's something the crew on the ship isn't doing properly.

I understand what he was saying, and in a way, he was correct. Noro and other easily transmitted viruses are spread much more easily in the cold months when everyone is cooped up inside and sharing recycled air. I was a principal of an elementary school for a number of years. Our months with the highest numbers of gastro illnesses and respiratory illnesses were January and February. Once the weather started to warm up and people got outside more, the numbers of people catching these viruses started to subside.

I live "up North" in MA and sure we're having cold but we're also having a lot of days in the 40's and 50's.

It's winter...cold happens every year. Noro happens every year just not 700 people on one ship before. That's a first.:rolleyes:

Edited by styles27

I live "up North" in MA and sure we're having cold but we're also having a lot of days in the 40's and 50's.

It's winter...cold happens every year. Noro happens every year just not 700 people on one ship before. That's a first.:rolleyes:

You must live in a different MA than I do because we certainly aren't having a lot of days in the 40's and 50's.

I always find it interesting when someone always takes one sentence... or one comment from an entire press release/statement and focuses on a few words. Those few words do not deserve the attention. I also believe the Norovirus hysteria doesn't deserve all the attention.

when over 700 people get sick it deserves attention

Hmmmmm....seems that Vermont is usually the top healthiest state in the Union and we get pretty cold up here so I find that statement puzzling at best. I can't remember when we heard of Noro virus here in the frozen north. Hypothermia yes....Noro, not so much....:D Now that Princess has their own outbreak this may take the heat off RCCL.;)

You must live in a different MA than I do because we certainly aren't having a lot of days in the 40's and 50's.

South eastern MA close to Providence, RI

Monday it was 50 degrees here all day...at night it dropped to 10. Tues, Wed Thurs lucky if we made it to 20 degrees during the day...today it's 45 degrees again...tomorrow's forecast 40 degrees Sunday's foreceast 47 degrees.

It's been like this all winter. We've used MUCH less heating oil this year up to this date than we did last winter.

So not sure what part of MA you're in but keep the cold where you are please and I'll keep the 40's and 50's. :D

Hmmmmm....seems that Vermont is usually the top healthiest state in the Union and we get pretty cold up here so I find that statement puzzling at best. I can't remember when we heard of Noro virus here in the frozen north. Hypothermia yes....Noro, not so much....:D Now that Princess has their own outbreak this may take the heat off RCCL.;)

It's so cold up her in Canada... How cold is it you ask?

When you step out the door of your house your nose hairs freeze, and seconds later you vomit and then fill your pants. :o

If Noro was cold related I would have had it for the last month due to the darn Article Vortex. Maybe Fain should have blamed it.;)

When an item like a norovirus on a cruise ship gets this much air time, all I can think is that it sure must have been a slow news day.

It's still being televised, and today is February first. The Explorer sailed out on its next cruise yesterday. Hopefully, this will be the end of it.

It's so cold up her in Canada... How cold is it you ask?

When you step out the door of your house your nose hairs freeze, and seconds later you vomit and then fill your pants. :o

If Noro was cold related I would have had it for the last month due to the darn Article Vortex. Maybe Fain should have blamed it.;)

Are you getting the snow that we are today? We live in Niagara Area and it is still coming down. Gotta love winter. I see in your avatar that you own a nice looking Stang. I too have one. Mine is a 06 gt vert in legend lime green. email me if you can

spoarzy at hotmail dot com

here is a pic of my ride:

547104_10152757069940581_1533524857_n.jpg