Trade Elite setup=coffee card??

Luvsprincess

I've not done it on the Royal but did so on the Sapphire 2 weeks ago. 1 full setup turned in for 2 coffee cards. This is supposed to be fleetwide. If you have any problems once on board I would suggest reaching out to the Captain's Circle Host.

We are not elite yet, but are close. We would definitely want to trade the mini bar for two coffee cards when we are finally elite. Is it appropriate to tip room service when they bring the cards, and if so, what would be the appropriate amount?

We are not elite yet, but are close. We would definitely want to trade the mini bar for two coffee cards when we are finally elite. Is it appropriate to tip room service when they bring the cards, and if so, what would be the appropriate amount?

Maybe I am wrong, but I have never tipped the room service personnel swapping our mini-bar setuo

I did it on the Royal back in October of last year. No problems, We just asked the room steward. Now I may be a bit of a cheap stake but if you tip for every little thing your room steward does or for your server, you would be broke by the end of the cruise. I tip only for exceptional service because after all each day on a cruise you are tipping the staff and that alone amounts to quite a bit of money. But that's just me

We always tip a couple of bucks for the trade out.

Now of they would just go back to delivering what you want the first time ...

Totally agree. It makes me wonder why they bother asking... Same with the fruit bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I give a couple of bucks. ;)

Its no different then when they deliver something ordered.

I'm with you. When we board we call right away to order wine glasses, swap out the mini-bar, etc. and if we're in the cabin when they arrive we tip a couple of bucks for their time. We figure they are really busy doing other set-up duties that first day and deserve a little extra.

It is an Elite benefit on all ships. You can trade your entire mini-bar set-up for two coffee cards, one bottle of wine (~$32 value) or eight 1.5 liter bottles of water.

We always trade our entire mini-bar for equal amounts of bottled water and diet sprite.

I did it on the Royal back in October of last year. No problems, We just asked the room steward. Now I may be a bit of a cheap stake but if you tip for every little thing your room steward does or for your server, you would be broke by the end of the cruise. I tip only for exceptional service because after all each day on a cruise you are tipping the staff and that alone amounts to quite a bit of money. But that's just me
Room service, not your steward, is responsible for the mini-bar set-up. A simple call to room service should have the change out done in 30 minutes or less. Asking the steward means that he/she needs to make the request to room service which takes away from his assigned duties. That would deserve a tip IMHO. If you look at the mini-bar FAQ's on the website it states:

"Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection."

It is an Elite benefit on all ships. You can trade your entire mini-bar set-up for two coffee cards, one bottle of wine (~$32 value) or eight 1.5 liter bottles of water.
We always trade our entire mini-bar for equal amounts of bottled water and diet sprite.
I was just talking about the options if you change out the entire mini-bar. You can swap one liquor for another, and one liquor, water or soda for another. Can't swap water or soda for liquor.

I never said it was wrong to tip for the swap out. I said" it's just me". If you want to tip, that's fine, I just don't tip unless I get exceptional service for something they would not normally do. On my last cruise I did tip extra to our waiter as he went out of his way several times to treat us extra special.