Veendam to Bermuda from Boston 2015

modelman

Looks like HAL will be returning to Bermuda now that gambling is allowed in port. Though this time the sailings are from Boston. So far they show May 2, through July 4, 2015 on the schedule.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/FindCruises.action?destCode=B&portOfCall=BDA&sourceName=byPort&displayMode=advertising

Edited by modelman

Great! I was looking for someone that had been on both lines to Bermuda. What were the differences you found?

Thanks in advance

I would also appreciate learning what differences you found. (I assume you sailed aboard Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. Please correct me if I am incorrect in my thinking.)

Best of all for HAL will be docked down on Front Street in Hamilton.

Sure will be good to see the VEENDAM in Hamilton again.... I'll doing it... just for shopping in Boston!

And 7Sail7 for lunch! :D

Stephen

Maybe a WOCLS Members sailing could be arranged sometime during the season?

I would also appreciate learning what differences you found. (I assume you sailed aboard Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. Please correct me if I am incorrect in my thinking.)

The Summit was a nice cruise ship and we enjoyed the dining options such as QSine and the Creperie. However we missed some of the things that we always enjoyed aboard Holland America. For example, the cooking classes and demonstrations, the varying buffet options in the Lido and walking the full promenade deck. Further the Veendam spends more time in Bermuda than any of the other cruise lines. Another difference is where the ships dock. Being on Front St in Hamilton is tons nicer than being parked at the Dockyards. The Veendam is the only cruise ship that can dock there.

This year we are flying to Bermuda and staying in a beach home rental because we couldn't bring ourselves to cruise again on the Summit. Mainly due to the limited beach time. (we travel as a group of three families)

I am looking forward to cruising to Bermuda on the Veendam in 2015!

There are probably other differences which I am forgetting so I will jump back in and post if I think of anything else. :)

Edited by schoolinmy3
adding more info

Sure will be good to see the VEENDAM in Hamilton again.... I'll doing it... just for shopping in Boston!

Stephen

Yes, Yes, Yes......... It's a date !!! :)

Can't wait.

I'm thrilled to hear HAL has scheduled these cruises.

Maybe a WOCLS Members sailing could be arranged sometime during the season?

Would be great idea. Perhaps do a few extra things... Bermuda Maritime Museum... perhaps one or two extra lecturers.

A special night of Dark 'n Stormy in Oceaan Bar!

I've already to spoken this evening to Mr Cassidy,

Thanks.

Stephen

I wonder if the Veendam will be replaced by another ship on the Boston-Quebec run where it has been for the past several years or will that route be abandoned?

Good question! I think the VEENDAM will do later in the season after the early season on the Bermuda run.

Best.... a mix of Boston/Quebec/Boston/Bermuda/Boston.... B2B....would be fantastic!

Stephen

Great! The best thing is that we can have lunch in Boston... then WE can dine in Pinnacle same evening. ;)

Stephen

I am so looking forward to it.

Lobsters for lunch; steaks for dinner!!!! :D :)

Stephen

Good to see you posting again.

Hope you're feeling better.

• 1 month later...

So excited to see a sail to Bermuda! Would be even happier if it was from NYC but this is the next best thing. My DH and I will do a few days in Boston prior to cruise. Hope we can get a game in at Fenway!! Bermuda is our favorite Island and love docking on Front Street. Veendam is a lovely ship. Staff couldnt do enough for us. Weve sailed in a aft cabin and a suite both were beautiful. The sailing we were in the suite there was a small problem with the AC. They immediately brought us a fan and repaired the problem within a day or so. The final day we received a letter from the Management with an $800 credit for the inconvinience of the broken AC. We were amazed!! We are so looking forward to Bermuda and the beautiful Veendam.