Thought I would start my blog by heading the Senior Officers listed for the QM2.

I will do my blog direct on here and my Facebook page.

Counting down and getting excited.

Finally got our cabin allocation today.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/senior_officers

Jill:)

We have a balcony port side Deck 5 sheltered which is great. :)

Jill :)

Nice.

I see from the Captains link that there is a changeover in Sydney with C Wells boarding in Perth.

Edited by Pushka

Hi Jill,

Looking forward to your blog. Loved the last one. Made us definitely want to try Cunard.

We will be in the South Pacific on Sea Princess when you cruise, but will look forward to catching up, upon our return.

Have a wonderful time, travel safe, and keep well.

Best wishes

Nicki

Looking forward to following your blog.

I'll be going on a luncheon river cruise on MV Lady Brisbane to see QMII in Brisbane. So if you see a little boat bobbing around near the QMII, please give us a wave! :) We'll all be wishing we were on the BIG ship with you!

Nice.

I see from the Captains link that there is a changeover in Sydney with C Wells boarding in Perth.

We had Captain Christopher Wells last year on Queen Elizabeth. A really nice guy who was very informative everyday with his "this is the Captain speaking" midday broadcasts. Quite often on port days he was ashore near the gangway casually chatting to people as went to and fro the ship.

Jill:)

Edited by Gold Coast Cruisers

The itineraries have her sailing from Perth on the 12th, so she must be overnighting there.

Perhaps she needs an extra day to get ready for Australia.:D

Port schedule has her leaving 12th 5pm .

Ah. An overnight in Fremantle. That's a first. But explains it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Looking forward to reading all about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice capture.

Wandered down and had a look and saw my travel agent and asked if he had any authority to get me on with a pass or something,unfortunately he and his boss were the only ones going on board together with other travel agents.He said he could get me on at a very good price, but I declined his offer as I have a big cruise next year.

Regards Frank

Whenever QM2 is in port there are always functions for media. Last time in a Melbourne the queue for the celebs to board was huge - Red Symonds was there - and us lucky passengers just walked straight past them to embark. That doesn't happen often to non celebs. Worth getting on and off again just to keep walking past them.

*giggle* at vision of Pushka nonchalantly walking on and off the ship several times in front of the celebs. :D

I really did! It was a hoot. Maybe a once off swanning opportunity - unless they do it again in Melbourne, and I'll do it again in Sydney, and also maybe even Brisbane! I'll take photos next time.:D

On the Port of Melbourne Cruise Schedule she is due back again on the 12th March. Celebrity Solstice is also due that day and she will be docking at Station Pier, so QM2 will be at at Webb Dock .

That should be interesting.

Not looking forward to Webb Pier. Not what I'd planned. But others embarking on 12th have indicated that it's Station Pier.