MS Westerdam Sail-Away, Feb. 8, 2014

aliaschief

I will be here, and also keeping an eye on Key West for the Maasdam and Eurodam. Not directly HAL, but potentially of interest to some people, an Dutch naval ship the ZR MS Zeeland is docked at Navy Mole in Key West. It sometimes comes into view when the webcam pans to the far south.

Roy

I cannot be here today. I will be tied up from 2PM Central time until tomorrow afternoon. Sorry about that Chief.

Are they using ropes, zip ties of handcuffs? Do you want one of us to come "untie" you. Sorry could not resist! :D

Looks like 5 cruise ships in Port Everglades today... that's moving a LOT of people in and out in a short period of time.

Noticed that camera #3 on the web cam is back up.

Six days and counting for us!! YAY! :D

Edited by zelker

I will be here, and also keeping an eye on Key West for the Maasdam and Eurodam. Not directly HAL, but potentially of interest to some people, an Dutch naval ship the ZR MS Zeeland is docked at Navy Mole in Key West. It sometimes comes into view when the webcam pans to the far south.

Roy

ZrMs Zeeland P841 is one of their (the Royal Netherlands Navy) newest Ocean-going patrol vessels. She's on her way to Curacao to perform her four-month rotation as the station ship for the Antilles (Dutch Caribbean Area as it is now known). Her helicopter is a U.S. Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin and crew which she picked up in Key West, Fl, temporarily assigned to her while she's in the Caribbean.

On Thursday 06 FEB 14, Zeeland's crew rescued seven survivors from a capsized 24-foot boat some 75 miles north-east of West Palm Beach, Fl. Unfortunately four others had perished

P-841HrMsZeeland_zps458b88f5.jpg

http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-confirms-4-dead-in-boat-capsizing-search-continues-off-fla-coast/2014/02/07/

Edited by Copper10-8

Looks like 5 cruise ships in Port Everglades today... that's moving a LOT of people in and out in a short period of time.

Noticed that camera #3 on the web cam is back up.

Six days and counting for us!! YAY! :D

There are 6 today, not counting the Bahamas Express.

If you have an IOS device, look up Cruiseschedule in the Apple app store, and it's free. There's a Port Everglades version. My wife has it on her phone. (Sadly no Android version for me.)

We use it most every day to see who is going to be sailing by. It's a really nice app. It gives you ship & itinerary information for each ship in port.

ZrMs Zeeland P841 is one of their (the Royal Netherlands Navy) newest Ocean-going patrol vessels. She's on her way to Curacao to perform her four-month rotation as the station ship for the Antilles (Dutch Caribbean Area as it is now known). Her helicopter is a U.S. Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin and crew which she picked up in Key West, Fl, temporarily assigned to her while she's in the Caribbean.

On Thursday 06 FEB 14, Zeeland's crew rescued seven survivors from a capsized 24-foot boat some 75 miles north-east of West Palm Beach, Fl. Unfortunately four others had perished

P-841HrMsZeeland_zps458b88f5.jpg

http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-confirms-4-dead-in-boat-capsizing-search-continues-off-fla-coast/2014/02/07/

:)

Odd looking vessel. Noticed it on the webcam and wondered what it was. As usual, you have cured my curiosity. Thanks John.

There are 6 today, not counting the Bahamas Express.

If you have an IOS device, look up Cruiseschedule in the Apple app store, and it's free. There's a Port Everglades version. My wife has it on her phone. (Sadly no Android version for me.)

We use it most every day to see who is going to be sailing by. It's a really nice app. It gives you ship & itinerary information for each ship in port.

My bad. For some reason Carnival Freedom doesn't show up on the marinetraffic.com port map on the web cam page (the ship shows up, it just doesn't have one of the blue diamonds so I missed it). :o

:)

Odd looking vessel. Noticed it on the webcam and wondered what it was. As usual, you have cured my curiosity. Thanks John.

She's hi-tech! ;) Those cruising to the ABC islands and Sint Maarten will probably run across here in the next four months ;)

My bad. For some reason Carnival Freedom doesn't show up on the marinetraffic.com port map on the web cam page (the ship shows up, it just doesn't have one of the blue diamonds so I missed it). :o

One of the Captains on the Freedom seems to like to turn off the AIS transmitter when the ship is in port. Usually, when that Captain is on board the blue square will appear shortly before sailing.

Roy