Champagne Balcony Breakfast for 2

Yehootu

On the Sapphire in a week and thinking of getting this and a deluxe canapé selection for my Mom. Anyone had the Breakfast and what is the "4 course gourmet breakfast". The half bottle of Champagne is self explanatory even for me.

Mahalo, Tim

On the Sapphire in a week and thinking of getting this and a deluxe canapé selection for my Mom. Anyone had the Breakfast and what is the "4 course gourmet breakfast". The half bottle of Champagne is self explanatory even for me.

Mahalo, Tim

Aloha Tim,

The price of the half bottle champagne is $32 & was like getting the breakfast for free. Since the champagne is purchased from Princess I've read that it's possible to take it to the MDR without any additional fee if they don't want to drink it with breakfast.

Here's the menu from our most recent champagne breakfast on the morning after sailing from Lahaina en route to the Mainland.

Pastries, bagels & lox, fruit and Quiche Lorraine

I've read that some modification is possible and it's a lot of food. Unlike the Ultimate Balcony Dinner served in courses they bring all courses for the breakfast and pile them on your desk and cabin table for you to serve yourself.

I don't know if your mom has a balcony or is sailing solo but have you considered the UBD for two? It cost $100 but for that price you get $100 of included items...a photo, cocktails, flowers, champagne and non-alcoholic specialty coffee drinks. Standard menu is steak and lobster with several other courses including a starter course of deluxe pupus. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

From the Princess website.....

"For those who want to start the day with a romantic meal, opt for a breakfast which includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of French champagne."

We have had the UBB a couple of times. Courtesy of our TA. We really enjoy it. There is a lot of food as we travel with my BIL and SIL we get them to join us there is enough food for four. I just order 4 orange juices as well, to make a buck fizz with the champagne

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Aloha Tim,

The price of the half bottle champagne is $32 & was like getting the breakfast for free. Since the champagne is purchased from Princess I've read that it's possible to take it to the MDR without any additional fee if they don't want to drink it with breakfast.

Here's the menu from our most recent champagne breakfast on the morning after sailing from Lahaina en route to the Mainland.

Pastries, bagels & lox, fruit and Quiche Lorraine

I've read that some modification is possible and it's a lot of food. Unlike the Ultimate Balcony Dinner served in courses they bring all courses for the breakfast and pile them on your desk and cabin table for you to serve yourself.

I don't know if your mom has a balcony or is sailing solo but have you considered the UBD for two? It cost $100 but for that price you get $100 of included items...a photo, cocktails, flowers, champagne and non-alcoholic specialty coffee drinks. Standard menu is steak and lobster with several other courses including a starter course of deluxe pupus. ;)

Thanks, Mom does have her own balcony with my wife and I around the corner in a mini. I'll look it up, but just in case, how much is it to add a person?

Mahalo again, Tim

We always get this, except the last time when we were in a window suite. Neither of us like the bagels and lox so we ordered omlets, bacon, eggs benedict, etc. Depending on your appetites you might not have to order additional for mom. There is so much food.

Thanks, Mom does have her own balcony with my wife and I around the corner in a mini. I'll look it up, but just in case, how much is it to add a person?

Mahalo again, Tim

It would be an extra $50 for Mom & something we do whenever we have a balcony.

The room service supervisor will either come to your cabin or talk to you on the phone to discuss the menu and if there are changes you'd like to have made. We've been allowed to exchange the half bottle of champagne for a full bottle of wine that cost the same amount...$32. Maybe by having three people they would give you a $48 bottle of wine. Don't hesitate to ask anything because they truly want to make it a memorable experience. The 2 waiters set up your balcony & reappear when ready for the next course.

You may prepay for it however you still have to call room service to reserve a date and time to enjoy it. Generally it's only offered twice per evening at around 6:00 & 8:00 and we try to have it during an evening in port or while sailing from one. Once the weather was too cold and windy so we enjoyed it inside our standard balcony cabin. With your mini-suite's sitting area it would be even more comfortable if you decided to have it inside due to inclement weather.

If you search YouTube there are several videos of people's UBD experiences & here's a link the brief description from the Princess website.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/ultimatebalcony/

The BEST time for the breakfast, we found, was going through the Panama Canal---great fun going through the canal and a good breakfast to boot!!!!

Nancy:D:D

Some have said that it's possibly to have the Champagne Breakfast delivered to their Sanctuary lounger.

Some have said that it's possibly to have the Champagne Breakfast delivered to their Sanctuary lounger.

That sounds like a good idea! When we ordered the Breakfast on our balcony, we were overrun with food! We would have a little more room to spread out in the Sanctuary! Now I have more incentive to do the dash as soon as we board the Emerald in April to get a spot for us in the Sanctuary!!:D

On the Sapphire in a week and thinking of getting this and a deluxe canapé selection for my Mom.
I'd skip the deluxe canapé selection. A friend sent us these on our Ruby Princess cruise in December. They weren't that good. In addition, they just delivered them to our cabin the first afternoon instead of letting us choose when we wanted them. For the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, which she also bought for us, we received a card in our cabin letting us know. We were able to choose which morning we wanted to receive the breakfast and what time (although it came about 15 minutes early).

That sounds like a good idea! When we ordered the Breakfast on our balcony, we were overrun with food! We would have a little more room to spread out in the Sanctuary! Now I have more incentive to do the dash as soon as we board the Emerald in April to get a spot for us in the Sanctuary!!:D

It might vary by who takes the order but if denied I would ask to talk to the room service supervisor.

I'd skip the deluxe canapé selection. A friend sent us these on our Ruby Princess cruise in December. They weren't that good. In addition, they just delivered them to our cabin the first afternoon instead of letting us choose when we wanted them.

If they're the same as the "deluxe" canapés available for delivery to elites for free on formal nights, I agree. The canapés included with the UBD were much better.

Where do you book the Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Champagne Breakfast once on Board? Specialty Restaurants? Maitre 'D? We're hoping to do one the evening we spend in Bora Bora.

Room service.

Book early they are limited.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Sounds like she would like the breakfast if she could order eggs and bacon. Thanks for all the info. Damn too late already ordered the canapés. Also pre ordered 6 beer packages. I do like my beer.

Mahalo all, Tim

We just did this two weeks ago on the Coral. Lots of food. We asked for Juices (cranberry and orange) and mixed our own. Coffee and tea, Generous with the pastry(probably 8 for 2 people). We did not get other things, as did not ask. Quiche and a baked tomato X2, Salmon and rolls. Lots of beautiful fruit.

We just did this two weeks ago on the Coral. Lots of food. We asked for Juices (cranberry and orange) and mixed our own. Coffee and tea, Generous with the pastry(probably 8 for 2 people). We did not get other things, as did not ask. Quiche and a baked tomato X2, Salmon and rolls. Lots of beautiful fruit.

Sounds perfect! Can't wait to try it in a month. Thanks!

Between my smartphone and kindle I can't seem to post a link but if you go to http://www.princess.com then select Ordrr Form (PDF) under Gifts & Services you'll get a listing and ordering info for UBB and UBD (among lots of other things).

I downloaded that brochure & order form however nothing for the UBB or UBD.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf