Frustrating time trying to get a meet n greet going

scanditaly

i called princess customer service yesterday after doing a CC search for arranging a meet n greet. Very unsuccessful.

Phone numbers are not working, and when I called the main princess number, I was transferred twice before being told "we don't do that."

BALDERDASH! I know princess supports our meet n greets, even if they don't go all out for us. Does anyone have a current 2014 number or e-mail to contact them?

TIA, Lisa

Which ship are you on? Here is the list I have. It is from last April, so there could be changes. I have dealt with Rosanne in the last two months.

Jenny Streeck - Sapphire & Grand jstreeck@princesscruises.com 661-284-4444

Diana Hall - Diamond & Star -- dhall@princesscruises.com 661-284-4449

Jan James - Golden & Ocean jjames@princesscruises.com 661-284-4452

Berna Grayr – Pacific, Emerald & Ruby bgrayr@princesscruises.com 661-284-4448

Coleen Reyes - Crown & Carribean creyes@princesscruises.com 661-284-4447

Stacey Anderson - Royal, Dawn & Sun sanderson@princesscruises.com 661-284-4333

Lawrence Andrada – Regal & Sea landrada@princesscruises.com 661-284-4445

Rosanne Pennucci Coral & Island rpennucci@princesscruises.com 661-284-4443

You can also decide among your roll call members on times and places for a couple of meet and greets. You don't need the permission of Princess to do this. Usually groups will decide for a place to meet on deck during sailaway, or on the first sea day. Collect cabin numbers via email too, so whoever is organizing any additional ones can slip notes in the inboxes next to the cabin door.

Suggest people stop by the International Cafe or Horizon Court before hand and get some munchies to bring to the event. There's bars in every lounge and by the pools.

If you want to invite staff members, you can bring some invitations, and fill in the name of any officers you know ahead of time (from the emails that Princess will send you) and give to the passenger services desk to distribute for you. Ask someone on a roll call (you can often tell who's setting things up) a few sailings before yours for the name of the cruise director (and the email address) and you can try emailing him/her (but be aware that some do go on vacation or switch ships) and ask for help in setting up one (reserving part of a lounge). But personally, some of us don't care whether any officers show up; the point of the meet and greet is to meet those you've been talking with online for some months.

First thing is to go to the Roll Calls for Princess and select your ship (on CC which is here). Then scan for the dates and destination area of the cruise. See if anyone has started a roll call. If so, join it. If not start one your self. Princess does not do Roll Calls or M&G', the passengers do this (you).

Princess will help you find a location and date and time for the M&G. I have hosted twice, once in our Penthouse Suite (had 35 members) and the last one in the Eastern Med in Skywalkers (had 160 registered with 90 in attendance along with 7 of the Ship's Officers including the CD. If you have a large group and they supply the location, they will include a bar tender and server for your group. The bar is run as a "No Host Bar" which means that everyone pays for their drinks only. Yes, Princess does have M&G packages but they run in the order of $25-40 per person and must be paid ahead of time. This means you must have the committment from those attending that they will. You will need to contact Princess 2 weeks in advance of the cruise to find out where you can have it. They will arrange and you are good to go. You can also get a listing of the ship's Officers from Princess on the first day of the month of the cruise. I printed custom invitations and addressed them for each of the ship's Officers all the way up to the Captain and left them with the Purser when we boarded.

Hope this helps. I also tracked all of the excursions and M&G list on an Excel Spreadsheet which I posted every couple of weeks on the Roll Call.

Edited by Steviewonder1

First thing is to go to the Roll Calls for Princess and select your ship (on CC which is here). Then scan for the dates and destination area of the cruise. See if anyone has started a roll call. If so, join it. If not start one your self. Princess does not do Roll Calls or M&G', the passengers do this (you).

Princess will help you find a location and date and time for the M&G. I have hosted twice, once in our Penthouse Suite (had 35 members) and the last one in the Eastern Med in Skywalkers (had 160 registered with 90 in attendance along with 7 of the Ship's Officers including the CD. If you have a large group and they supply the location, they will include a bar tender and server for your group. The bar is run as a "No Host Bar" which means that everyone pays for their drinks only. Yes, Princess does have M&G packages but they run in the order of $25-40 per person and must be paid ahead of time. This means you must have the committment from those attending that they will. You will need to contact Princess 2 weeks in advance of the cruise to find out where you can have it. They will arrange and you are good to go. You can also get a listing of the ship's Officers from Princess on the first day of the month of the cruise. I printed custom invitations and addressed them for each of the ship's Officers all the way up to the Captain and left them with the Purser when we boarded.

Hope this helps. I also tracked all of the excursions and M&G list on an Excel Spreadsheet which I posted every couple of weeks on the Roll Call.

I did this also last December on the Diamond. I printed invitations on Shutterfly with Diamond Princess photos, addressed them and left them with the Purser. The four officers who came to the M&G told me they loved the invites! Best they'd ever seen. It helps to make an effort as they notice and respond. We had a nice time and I enjoyed running into the officers later on board during the cruise. Great people!

I find that strange, our roll call just set one up a few days ago and it could not have been easier or faster.

This has been the case with all of our M&G's.

I agree. It couldn't have been easier to set up our M&G for my cruise in a couple of weeks. With over 100 people on our roll call, just deciding on a lounge or bar to meet wouldn't work. That's only if you have a few people.

I assume the OP is arranging the M&G for their roll call as you need to let Princess know how many will be attending. It's your responsibility to let everyone know where and when, and send invitations to the officers to attend. Princess just coordinates the time and place with the CD.

At our Meet & Greet on Coral in Alaska this June, Princess did nothing except provide the space [which they changed literally the day before the cruise, so it was hard to update folks!].

But on Coral last month, they not only provided the Wheelhouse Bar but five officers and staff, led by Hotel General Manager Karin Luppes and Customer Relations Manager Terry Rossouw, greeted us with short presentations and took questions. That was very nice.

Got the info I needed, and sent the email off to our ship coordinator. We got the time and date of our choice............She responded within half hour.

thanks to all of you for you opinions, information and support.

Thanks for letting us know it worked out OK. I was surprised when you posted about problems as I have always found the Princess people very easy to work with when planning a M&G

Got the info I needed, and sent the email off to our ship coordinator. We got the time and date of our choice............She responded within half hour.

thanks to all of you for you opinions, information and support.

I have set up a number of M&Gs, and know that if you want to invite ship's officers, your ship coordinator can provide you with a list of more than just the Captain, CD, Hotel Manager, etc. Just wait until the beginning of the month in which your cruise sails, and then send her/him an email request for a list. (You have to wait till the actual month because that's when the final list becomes available to the coordinator).