Paid Early - What Happens if Price Drops Before Final Payment Date?

CeeCee59

I have tried to search the board for this situation but couldn't find anything. If I make my final payment a few days before the final payment due date and the price drops before that date, does Princess honour the price drop? Would like to make payment now just to ensure the payment goes through (online with credit card) but the final payment is not actually due until Monday.

Never leave final payment to the day before or even two days before the final due date. If for some reason the payment doesn't go through, your booking is automatically canceled. Final payment date is final. If the fare does go down before the cruise and you're eligible, you'll get a fare reduction in either a refund or OBC. I'm not sure exactly which.

Tomorrow is the last business day before your final payment. Make the payment. :)

Make the final payment now since it is due on Monday. Princess will not automatically reduce the price. You have to call them and request it. The likelihood of the price dropping in the next three days is slim to none but it does not hurt to check.

You are so close to Final that it is doubtful any rate change , for which you qualify , will appear. Even if it happened , you would have to discover it yourself.

After Final date anything can happen with rate codes , but you will not qualify.

Edited by MCC retired

Our price dropped over $200.00 after final payment opn our 3/16/14 cruise and we received a refund on the credit card we used. The other poster is correct, they will not automatically reduce, you have to call. Our PVP even told us we were lucky to keep checking on the prices. Good luck and have fun!