elite laundry

wp bob

It seems to me that the vast majority of benefits on Princess are based on only one person needing to be the level required. Sometimes this is because there is only one credit per cabin anyway such as the Elite Minibar setup. I would not have thought for a moment that your cabins laundry would be done if you are Elite. If I am wrong, bring soap and quarters for your husband :)

Terry

There is no problem in doing this at all, your Husbands clothes will be cleaned without issue. If this was the case does that mean my 15 year old daughter with 19 cruises behind her cannot have her laundary done.

Years ago before I realized that I shouldn't be sending out DH's laundry under my free Elite cleaning, I sent some of his things out that were obviously not mine. The cabin steward didn't say anything and I wasn't charged for his stuff, but he did seem a little miffed. Took me awhile to realize what I had done wrong and then I didn't send out anymore of DH's stuff until he reached Elite. So, it's up to you and to answer your question, no you probably won't be charged for his clothes.

Years ago before I realized that I shouldn't be sending out DH's laundry under my free Elite cleaning, I sent some of his things out that were obviously not mine. The cabin steward didn't say anything and I wasn't charged for his stuff, but he did seem a little miffed. Took me awhile to realize what I had done wrong and then I didn't send out anymore of DH's stuff until he reached Elite. So, it's up to you and to answer your question, no you probably won't be charged for his clothes.

A strange decision not to have your husbands clothes cleaned, if my steward gave me a miffed look i think i know what i would do.

There is no problem in doing this at all, your Husbands clothes will be cleaned without issue. If this was the case does that mean my 15 year old daughter with 19 cruises behind her cannot have her laundary done.

even tho your daughter has 19 cruises she has not reached elite because of her age but her clothes can go under the wifes name so its not a problem

Just happened last month on the Ruby. One spouse Elite; the other not. Everything laundered, but non Elite spouse incurred charges on their account. Could be only the Ruby doing it, but if one ship starts it, you can expect it to happen on the others.

Interesting question. We are both elite so no problem for us.

Just wondering because I heard a woman remind her friends to get their laundry to her so she (elite) could send it out to be done for free.

A SO in the cabin with you, I can somewhat understand.

Doing this for several others in totally different cabins seems to be going way over the line. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~

Just happened last month on the Ruby. One spouse Elite; the other not. Everything laundered, but non Elite spouse incurred charges on their account. Could be only the Ruby doing it, but if one ship starts it, you can expect it to happen on the others.
This has been the case for years but like so much on Princess, it's managed inconsistently. I've heard Captain's Circle Host's assure passengers that everyone in the cabin can send out their laundry even if only one was Elite many times.

I'm sure it's not unique but on the Royal's T/A last October, several people were sending out 5-7 bags a day for days on end. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was happening. Apparently, quite a few people were sending out 3-4 bags a day. Princess did nothing to control it and the result was it taking 7-8 days to get your laundry back. By the end of the cruise, people were hounding the PSD for their laundry, clean, wet or whatever because they had to pack. Granted, no laundry could be done while docked in Venice but I think that people would have been fine with an allowance of a bag a day per cabin. It was totally out of control and Princess knew well in advance that there would be a LOT of Elites on board yet they did nothing.

The bottom line is that it's inconsistent. You can take your chances.

Edited by Pam in CA

People like that need to be put off at the next port since we are all paying for her greed.

Mike:)

Mike, glad your reactions was the same as ours. We couldn't believe she was doing this for all of her friends in different cabins and bragging about it. :(

LuLu

~~~

Part of that responsibility belongs to the cabin steward as well.

Anyone that would accept multiple bags of laundry from one cabin per day is also part of the problem.

While I agree with you, I must (kinda) side with the steward. If he refused the laundry or reported it, the repercussions from the greedy, thieving guest could mean he loses his job.

Were all the clothes in a bag with a list in the name of the elite passenger?

While I agree with you, I must (kinda) side with the steward. If he refused the laundry or reported it, the repercussions from the greedy, thieving guest could mean he loses his job.

Oh, I see your point alright.

Maybe they should change the posted Elite benefits to read, "Limited to one free bag of laundry per cabin per day".

I am just trying to come up with a solution to the situation lest Princess resort to the complete removal of this perk like they did with the free internet for suites.

Before most of us realized there was a problem with sharing internet it was eliminated completely.

I was also on that Royal TA and while not Elite, I heard multiple people bragging about getting others laundry done. The repercussions of this was felt throughout the ship, it was all anyone talked about - it took 3-6 days or more for laundry. As always, some people ruin it for everyone. 1 bag per day per cabin does not seem unreasonable.

I hope you're not serious, as that would be rather harsh.:eek:

Absolutely I am serious.

Those people KNOW that they are stealing, pure and simple and their actions could affect thousands of passenger's benefits.

Edited by bhopal21

Were all the clothes in a bag with a list in the name of the elite passenger?

Yes. Elite person and spouse.

I don't understand anyone having multiple bags per day, under any circumstance. We usually send stuff every 3 to 4 days, but perhaps people travel with 2 shirts only. :rolleyes:

I hope you're not serious, as that would be rather harsh.:eek:

How about permanent elimination of free laundry for all future cruises for this person. Just annotate the person's record somehow. Punish the person who abuses the system (and not take it away from those who earned it and doesn't abuse it).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was also on that Royal TA and while not Elite, I heard multiple people bragging about getting others laundry done. The repercussions of this was felt throughout the ship, it was all anyone talked about - it took 3-6 days or more for laundry. As always, some people ruin it for everyone. 1 bag per day per cabin does not seem unreasonable.

I also heard people brag. It took DW 6 days to get two sweaters back.....:(

Bob