Owners Suite TV on Navigator (Connecting XBox)

Are the inputs disabled in the owners suite? I know they are in non-suites, but was curious about this room.

We're driving, so it's not a huge deal to drag it along....but I would prefer not to bring it at all, so I would love to know beforehand.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are the inputs disabled in the owners suite? I know they are in non-suites, but was curious about this room.

We're driving, so it's not a huge deal to drag it along....but I would prefer not to bring it at all, so I would love to know beforehand.

As far as I know, they are disabled in all cabins. Some people have reported that they have brought a universal remote with them and were able to enable the inputs.

Is there not enough entertainment on board? Whats the point in going on holiday and bringing an xbox to sit in the room ?

Just my opinion, but it seems like a waste of a holiday.

Oh geez. I didn't ask for an opinion. I asked for an answer to a question. But gee, thanks for sharing. Your opinion will have a great impact on my future decisions. Random strangers mean a lot to me.

As far as I know, they are disabled in all cabins. Some people have reported that they have brought a universal remote with them and were able to enable the inputs.

Thanks....I thought I remembered back in the day that the suite cabins were activated, but they may have changed with the new TVs.

Oh geez. I didn't ask for an opinion. I asked for an answer to a question. But gee, thanks for sharing. Your opinion will have a great impact on my future decisions. Random strangers mean a lot to me.

Lol great response. :p

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Seaofwonder,

You beat me to it, I was going to offer my criticism about people offering their opinion without providing answers. The only info I could find on Royal's website was about hooking it up to virtual balconies, which if anyone cares, you can't do. Maybe you could email guest services or the concierge on Navigator. Maybe someone on this forum would have that email address, unfortunately I don't.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seaofwonder,

You beat me to it, I was going to offer my criticism about people offering their opinion without providing answers. The only info I could find on Royal's website was about hooking it up to virtual balconies, which if anyone cares, you can't do. Maybe you could email guest services or the concierge on Navigator. Maybe someone on this forum would have that email address, unfortunately I don't.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi ATC,

We tried to call C&A but they didn't know. I didn't think of the concierge!

If anyone has the email for the Navigator concierge, I would greatly appreciate it.

As a random stranger, it´s probably not worth my time to provide you with an answer.

Is there not enough entertainment on board? Whats the point in going on holiday and bringing an xbox to sit in the room ?

Just my opinion, but it seems like a waste of a holiday.

Not to be harsh at all, Just thought maybe another perspective might help. I posted last year asking basically the same question as OP, and got responses like yours. We travel with my son, who is ill, and requires a lot more down time and rest than most. He is in a wheelchair, and some ports that are not easily accessible we stay on ship. Therefore we spend more time in our cabin. My husband and I relax on our balcony and our son has to keep busy some how as well. That is our life, but I don't see why anyone has a problem with anyone else spending their vacation the way they wish to, even if that means they never leave the cabin and play games:) JMHO.

I don't know for sure, but I would think the inputs are activated in the suites because of DVD player. If the other inputs are off, you could disconnect the DVD player.

I know you aren't seeking opinions, but I think this is a great idea! Our kids can never sleep past 6:30-7:00 but they are too young to send them out to get themselves breakfast etc. while we try to sleep until a decent vacation hour. We are in a GS on Allure in a few weeks and if we weren't flying we would be bringing the Xbox. I guess the iPad will have to do.

Laura - thank you. We are in a similar situation (traveling with someone who is I'll and won't be leaving the ship).

There are many ways to travel and "enjoy" a vacation. People should be less quick to pass judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yet... you asked a question of random strangers on the internet which you seriously expected a correct and accurate answer.

Make up your mind.

My wife and I are going out on NOS in may in an OS, so I'm also curious as to the response.

When we sailed on Mariner last, which had the updated TV systems and what not, we were able to get it to work with two steps:

Disconnect the RJ-11 (phone-like) jack from the TV under the pedestal, and then use a universal remote that ban be found for $15 at Amazon. (This technique works quite well in hotels that have locked down their TVs, as well.)

Disconnecting the RJ-11 cable is the key step here, as that disconnects the TV from the remote system and allows for it to operate more independantly. The reason you need the universal remote is that without the RJ-11 cable, you cannot control the TV using the cabin's remote. When you want to watch the TV again, re-connect the RJ-11 cable and then use the cabin remote.

Altogether, I think it's worth the 10 minutes of futzing about to get it to work, but I like my TV before bed. :-)

Deb - thanks :)

MD - apple fan over here :)

Him - oh, that doesn't sound too difficult at all. Hmmmm....I'll definitely post when I get back and let you know what happens.

We're just driving, so it's not a huge deal to lug it with us.