Carnival stock and OBC

sns1

I just faxed mine today but I discovered that my brokerage statement does not have our names on each page and it was not on the page that showed the CCL stock. I faxed the cover page of the statement with our names and made sure the last 4 digits of our account number were on both pages. I hope that will suffice.

Do you have to own the stock for a period of time to get the OBC? Could I buy the stock today and get the OBC for our October cruise?

Yes. We bought the stock in late September/early October 2013, when the stock price dropped like a rock. We used it to get OBC for our December 2013 cruise on Holland America. We just had our OBC credited to our account for our upcoming Emerld Princess cruise. Gotta love it!!

Do you have to own the stock for a period of time to get the OBC? Could I buy the stock today and get the OBC for our October cruise?

Buy it today; use it next week. The answer is YES. Just don't submit it in less than 90 days precruise. It should be done after final payment anyway. I always do mine around the 60 day or less mark.

Yes. We bought the stock in late September/early October 2013, when the stock price dropped like a rock. We used it to get OBC for our December 2013 cruise on Holland America. We just had our OBC credited to our account for our upcoming Emerld Princess cruise. Gotta love it!!

I tried to convince friends sailing on Princess to buy the CCL stock for the OBC before their cruise but they procrastinated & now will pay $11/share more than we did to purchase it. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Not necessarily. This stock goes up and down. I just read a report by one investment organization suggesting it could be time to cash out of CCL but not RCI. I always buy more than the minimum 100 shares so I can sell some when I think it us high and then buy back in when low.

No one mentioned that you can't buy it too close to the cruise you are taking. They ask you to submit your info at least two weeks before the sailing date. Inside that window you might lose out for that particular cruise.

I can't believe how often people post asking about the Shareholder Benefit. Just one page back us this much larger discussion about it that is bound to answer all questions without everyone having to re type all their replies over and over again! I know the regulars here don't mind but to me it doesn't seem right to post a question asking everyone to type detailed responses to it when one could have just read a few topic titles until they see one that is bound to be loaded with lots of pertinent info. Of course I also think that one single sticky topic on this subject (and a few others as well) would be a much better resource right at the top of the Princess section. But CC doesn't seem to ever merge similar topics into big "super topics" loaded with good info and sticky them in plain view at the top of the topics list.

Here is the topic I referenced (but there are probably hundreds):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1967224

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

You have to be able to provide proof you own the stock such as a brokerage statement, etc and submit it between final payment and two weeks before the cruise. No requirement on how long you have owned it or even sold it after proof was submitted. This is a nice inexpensive OBC that can be used every time you sail on a CCL cruiseline regardless of the number of times in any given year. I bought the stock back in early 2009 when it was in the low teens.

Princess requires a statement showing ownership. The statement must be dated within 90 days of sailing.

Buy it today; use it next week. The answer is YES. Just don't submit it in less than 90 days precruise. It should be done after final payment anyway. I always do mine around the 60 day or less mark.

90 days is not a hard and fast requirement. We got our OBC for an April 6 cruise in December, more than 120 days out. It was after final payment though.

Sure. I have read here of people using the purchase confirmation

from their broker to get OBC. So, you don't have to own it very long.

The service has improved dramatically. I faxed in my request for our cruise next month on Friday afternoon and the credit showed up on my Cruise Personalizer in an hour. I love that I don't have to check with my travel agent anymore to see if it's there.