swimwear

built

Why is that advice good only for men? Shouldn't they somehow try to hide their imperfection or flaw in some way in order to look their best like you always tell the ladies?:confused:

Everybody should try to hide "imperfections". The problem is there are both men and women that think they look A LOT hotter in swimsuits than they really look. :eek:

As for the spare tire...I have one (or two) and figure the people who are looking at the bodies in the swimsuits are probably going to decide mine isn't worth the time to rate and move on. :p

My wife and I are going on a Caribbean cruise in april, we are early fifty's in age and from the usa, I need a new swim suit, what is proper for a man 55 with a spare tire around the middle, speedo's are comfortable but not accepted much in america but ok everywhere else, I hate long baggie swim shorts, too old for that young style.

post links to photos from web sites if you have good suggestions.

2629661-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Hey built! I see you're from Ohio. Do you know where the outlet mall is in Jeffersonville? I bought a pair of trunks very similar to the ones in this picture from the Polo Ralph Lauren store. By the way, I'm 60. I'm not exactly slim, but I've seen guys my age with a much bigger spare tire than I have wearing regular trunks. If you're at all self conscious about your "love handles", wear a t-shirt with your trunks.;)

Come to Oqunquit or Old Orchard Beach in Maine in the summer. There are many Canadians in Speedos.

Ah, we are from VT and see many of those ourselves at the local lakes! I think the difference is location.....the people from Quebec seem to move to the beat of their own drummers! Our friends from Ontario would agree, they hate being compared to those from Quebec.

I will be the first to disagree about men not wearing speedos. I think a man should wear what is comfortable. I don't like swimming in a pair of what are now essentially long pants. This attitude about men wearing speedos changed sometime in the seventies here is the US. Woman show there "junk" all the time and it is acceptable. Lets be fair.

Thank you.... I was about to post the exact same thing!! I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian in a speedo....

Then you have never been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine. They call OOB the "French Canadian Riveria". There are many French Canadian men in very skimpy speedos.

Then you have never been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine. They call OOB the "French Canadian Riveria". There are many French Canadian men in very skimpy speedos.

Did you notice the distinction that you made? FRENCH Canadian? Most of us would make that distinction as well. We often hear complaints about the number of French Canadian snowbirds parading their shortcomings in speedos on the Florida beaches during the winter. We can only shrug our shoulders and explain that they are most likely Québécois.

Did you notice the distinction that you made? FRENCH Canadian? Most of us would make that distinction as well. We often hear complaints about the number of French Canadian snowbirds parading their shortcomings in speedos on the Florida beaches during the winter. We can only shrug our shoulders and explain that they are most likely Québécois.

Even though Quebec has repeatedly tried to secede from Canada, last time I checked they were still Canadians. :)

Even though Quebec has repeatedly tried to secede from Canada, last time I checked they were still Canadians. :)

It's a very, very different thing. Quebec is quintessentially French. The rest of Canada is quintessentially Anglo.

To break it down into an American difference: Not all people people from New York are rude, not all people from New Jersey have Mafia ties, not all people form Southern California are hippies and surfers…

It would probably be better to say "those people from Quebec" than "those Canadians" ;)

Wow now we are talking about something I am a real expert in men's swimwear . Please for everyone's sake avoid a Speedo(everyone will think you are from Europe or Canada)
Dolittle may go round in a Yankee Doodle outfit to avoid being mistaken for something else, but it doesn't really matter if someone you've never met doesn't instantly realise you're a US citizen.

I'd wear speedos in the pool (comfortable) but put shorts on when you get out. Anyone who's bothered by that is looking far too closely for their own good.

Dolittle may go round in a Yankee Doodle outfit to avoid being mistaken for something else, but it doesn't really matter if someone you've never met doesn't instantly realise you're a US citizen.

I'd wear speedos in the pool (comfortable) but put shorts on when you get out. Anyone who's bothered by that is looking far too closely for their own good.

I was trying to be funny and I am way to fat for a yankee doodle outfit .It does not bother me in any way I just think it is an amusing difference between Europe and the U.S. I am sorry if you think I was picking on those from Europe or Canada if you look up my old posts you will see I am very critical of the way many from U.S. dress when going to Europe . and when you get out of the pool I promise I wont look.

I was trying to be funny and I am way to fat for a yankee doodle outfit .It does not bother me in any way I just think it is an amusing difference between Europe and the U.S. I am sorry if you think I was picking on those from Europe or Canada if you look up my old posts you will see I am very critical of the way many from U.S. dress when going to Europe . and when you get out of the pool I promise I wont look.

sarcastic comments seem to go right over the regular CCers.. they are too busy trying to be offended to 'get it'

Edited by Sherlock43031

Around here many think that you should wear whatever you want, regardless of your body composition and how your clothing looks on you. :rolleyes:

Around here many think that you should wear whatever you want, regardless of your body composition and how your clothing looks on you. :rolleyes:

I hear you but when you do wear whatever you feel like many times you will look like an out of place (use your own word her I am trying not to get yanked).I do find it funny that people who want the freedom to wear whatever they like then get bent out of shape when I use my freedom to mock them (or at least roll my eyes behind there back)This whole idea of I don't judge anybody for anything is silly to me . I judge people on there character and values but it is true "that every thing you wear is a uniform'' if you want to dress like an (again use your own word ) people will judge you as one.

I hear you but when you do wear whatever you feel like many times you will look like an out of place (use your own word her I am trying not to get yanked).I do find it funny that people who want the freedom to wear whatever they like then get bent out of shape when I use my freedom to mock them (or at least roll my eyes behind there back)This whole idea of I don't judge anybody for anything is silly to me . I judge people on there character and values but it is true "that every thing you wear is a uniform'' if you want to dress like an (again use your own word ) people will judge you as one.

So true. Too many people will insist on their "right" to look and act like a fool, but then get all bent out of shape if I exercise MY right to think they are looking and acting like a fool. :rolleyes:

Edited by sloopsailor