Examples of food/desserts in the Oceanview Cafe

CoopColbie

Soft serve ice cream is served between certain hours (pretty long hours though). There are a lot of options. The food does vary daily but you'll find some staples such as pizza. Personally I'm a pretty picky eater (some could compare my tastes to a kids lol) and i get along ok so I'd think a kid would be fine in the buffet.

They have a sandwich bar at the lunchtime service where you can have just about any filling on any type of bread. Lots of typical cafeteria-type dishes, some of which are okay but I usually stick to the made to order things. Freshly cooked eggs and omelets, and the waffles are good for breakfast. Also bagels with smoked salmon every day.

AT 4 PM they put out tea service with small sandwiches and excellent scones. At 5 there is sushi. SO you will not go hungry even if you're 5!

So many choices. Hot, cold, etc. Soups. Great sandwiches custom made. Lots of nice hot options. Many international choices. Pizza, pasta, Asian, Mexican, etc. Salads are nice too. Many desserts and ice cream. Nice sugar free and gluten free options. No problem finding something for everyone. Hot dogs and hamburgers are at the pool grill. Wish they were also at the buffet. On my last cruise, I had no problem finding good options to eat.

As noted above, the Mast Grill is not in the buffet, it's upstairs overlooking the pool, but it is easy enough to bring a plate into the buffet area if other family members are eating there. It's open 11-6, as I recall, and does a great job on fresh-made hot dogs and hamburgers and french fries. Pizza and pasta are available at one of the buffet islands. So, I think there will be penny of good choices for the kids in your group, even if they aren't adventurous eaters.

When I was aboard Eclipse, one of the things I really enjoyed was the Tea Service offerings in the Oceanview Cafe. Many pastries and small sandwiches were available along with a very nice selection of cheeses and assorted crackers/breads. I often prepared a plate of cheese, bread, and crackers and took it to my stateroom to enjoy with a pre-dinner glass of wine.

What's the sandwich situation? I am also a picky eater but can always go for a turkey sandwich!

My DH will check out the Carvery offerings (turkey, ham, etc.), get a couple of slices on a plate and carry them over to the Sandwich bar to have staff make a sandwich with all the fixins. Sometimes DH will choose a baquette or other bread of choice from the bread basket to start. As you can tell, lunch is a process, especially on the M class ships where the sandwich bar is aft.:p

Soft serve and hard homemade ice cream at all times. Ice cream was delicious.

Pizza was really, really good too. (Royal Caribbean can take a lesson from Celebrity on pizza.)

Plenty of fresh fruit, cold cuts, yogurt, yummy cookies too. Their bakery items (rolls, croissants) were also really good.

Your kids will find plenty of good stuff there!

Pizza was really, really good too. (Royal Caribbean can take a lesson from Celebrity on pizza.)

Plenty of fresh fruit, cold cuts, yogurt, yummy cookies too. Their bakery items (rolls, croissants) were also really good.

People keep saying how good the pizza is on celebrity but I don't know if I'm convinced, just doesn't seem possible!... Anyone have a pic??

Croissants with chocolate filling-ordered them every morning from room service with my pot of coffee.

At lunch there is always bread pudding or rice pudding and the oatmeal raisen cookies were really good. The specialty breads were good too. My sister made me try it, a nutty, sunflower seed thing I think. Then I ate it every day.

I can't think of too many things the buffet doesn't have - luncheon selection is better than dinner, although they do have hamburgers and hot dogs at dinner time in the buffet, along with a variety of other foods.

Cookies are great inbuffet, but don't forget to stop at Cafe Al Bacio where they have outstanding oatmeal cookies and many treats throughout the day and evening. All are at no cost and they will even put a few in bags if you want to take them with you to your room.

MDR also has a children's menu and will work with you to find foods that your children will eat

There is also a "taco bar" area, and the Indian fish, chicken, beef, and lamb curries are quite tasty as well. ;)

Not only is there soft serve ice cream, but about 8 different flavors of made-daily hard scoop ice cream as well. :)

They swap out 2 or 3 different flavors almost every day. Ya GOTTA try the rum raisin and cinnamon! :D

People keep saying how good the pizza is on celebrity but I don't know if I'm convinced, just doesn't seem possible!... Anyone have a pic??

It is just okay. I mean, it 's not exactly bad but it also isn't anything remarkable. To be fair, It is much better if it's fresh out of the oven as opposed to having sat there for awhile

Now Princess has the good pizza;)

My kids eat frozen pizza ... I'm sure the pizza will be great. Thanks all for the replies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lol, I hadn't seen this post before I already posted regarding the pizza

If they like frozen pizza they'll like Celebrity pizza :D

How often did they have the vanilla soft serve? Were the soft serve flavors each day the same in the buffet and mast grill (so if one didn't have vanilla that day, the other one might?).

Vanilla soft serve is available from 11am until about 10pm at the ice cream bar only. they also have a selection of very good hard ice-cream all of which is made on board except for the sugar free . Lots of toppings to choose from as well.