MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away, Feb. 16, 2014

aliaschief

Good Morning All!

It is a beautiful morning in Fort Lauderdale! We will be on the Eurodam aft/port waiving our Kansas flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by elsie60

Good Morning All!

It is a beautiful morning in Fort Lauderdale! We will be on the Eurodam aft/port waiving our Kansas flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can't miss waving to you so I will see if we can't get dug out in time for the sail a way;)

I will be here unless I get out of this frozen land and go to a movie.:)

Did you catch the Breakaway at all this morning. It passed Verizzano long before I was up, and only passed very briefly through the Port Cam's field of view.

Roy

I was to be on the Eurodam today for my first cruise.....but here I sit in Maine watching it snow! I was to fly out on the 13th but due to weather and the start of school vacation I couldn't get out anywhere! I did have insurance but UGHH!

I'll be back later to watch her sail out and dream again:-(

I was to be on the Eurodam today for my first cruise.....but here I sit in Maine watching it snow! I was to fly out on the 13th but due to weather and the start of school vacation I couldn't get out anywhere! I did have insurance but UGHH!

Oh no! I'm so sorry..I think it happened to quite a few people. My cousin barely got out yesterday from RI. They were sitting on the runway and the captain came on and said that if they didn't get out of there in the next few minutes, they were turning back to the gate. Airport was closing.

Hopefully you can reschedule.

Oh no! I'm so sorry..I think it happened to quite a few people. My cousin barely got out yesterday from RI. They were sitting on the runway and the captain came on and said that if they didn't get out of there in the next few minutes, they were turning back to the gate. Airport was closing.

Hopefully you can reschedule.

Sorry to hear that. What a winter. There were even a couple of days for us, who live in Florida; that we couldn't have made it to Fort Lauderdale due to winter snow, ice, sleet.

Hope you get to cruise soon.

Edited by aliaschief

Oh no, that's awful. The weather has been responsible for many missed cruises recently. At least you were smart and had insurance, and you can schedule something else.