Guaranteed Cabin, when do you get cabin number???

lanzie99

We are leaving on the Riveria in less than two weeks. We paid in full in December and have yet to get a cabin assigned to us. Three days ago we invited another couple, they paid the exact same price and got a cabin number and were upgraded to an A2...I don't see how this is possible since we have been waiting over 3 months for a cabin to come available. So those who wait until the last minute get the better cabin????

You took a chance booking a GTY cabin so you may not get an assignment until boarding day

Did you check online under Already booked to see if you have been assigned a cabin?

Ask your TA (if you used one) if they can check where you are on the list

Did your friends book a GTY or choose a cabin Cat?

Lyn

I am sorry but I still don't get it??? We both wanted a B4, when I booked back in December they were unable to assign a cabin so I took the GTY B4, still have no cabin paid in full. Three days ago our friends have decided to join us, asked for a B4, paid in full for a B4 and suddenly there is a cabin and now it's on deck 10 an A2. This is their first Oceania cruise and our first Oceania cruise...what's the deal??? Our TA has done squat !!! Not sure what his commission will be but as far as service for us....nothing.

I am sorry but I still don't get it??? We both wanted a B4, when I booked back in December they were unable to assign a cabin so I took the GTY B4, still have no cabin paid in full. Three days ago our friends have decided to join us, asked for a B4, paid in full for a B4 and suddenly there is a cabin and now it's on deck 10 an A2. This is their first Oceania cruise and our first Oceania cruise...what's the deal??? Our TA has done squat !!! Not sure what his commission will be but as far as service for us....nothing.

Did they use the same TA as you?

We booked an inside F guarantee in Feb. '13 for our Nov. '14 cruise and received an assigned cabin about 4 months ago, about a year out. We were very surprised when we saw it on our booking. All our friends with the same guarantee, also received their cabins at the same time.

Ellen:)

We booked our upcoming April cruise last November and requested a B4 cabin. We were assigned a Gty cabin which is a first for us. My cruise is still six weeks out and I don't have a cabin assignment either. I hope you get upgraded to your friends category or that will suck. At this point I would just like to know where my cabin is located. Good Luck.

I have no idea how it works, but for our may cruise we booked a guaranteed Oceania Suite, then on the b2b 2nd part of the cruise we got a cabin number for the Oceania Suite but not the one in the back of the ship. 2months later we get Oceania Suite we wanted in the back on both cruise's. I think it was both a good TA and some good luck.

Rick

If I cannot get a cabin number I do not book the cruise ..I like to know where I will be staying ;)

I booked a GTY ONCE (not on O) ended up near the bow ..never again

I do not know how it works either ..a GOOD TA certainly helps

Lyn

We are leaving on the Riveria in less than two weeks. We paid in full in December and have yet to get a cabin assigned to us. Three days ago we invited another couple, they paid the exact same price and got a cabin number and were upgraded to an A2...I don't see how this is possible since we have been waiting over 3 months for a cabin to come available. So those who wait until the last minute get the better cabin????

We have had three GTYs in our Oceania experience---two on Riviera and one on Marina. The Marina came through quite early at 4-5 months prior to sailing with a cabin in the exact category that we had booked. Another GTY on Riviera took longer --- about ten days prior to sailing and we were placed in a category that was one above what we had booked.

The first time we booked a GTY was a nail biter for us since we had no cabin assignment when we left for the airport. Two calls to both our TA and Oceania assured us that we did, indeed, have a cabin. I wasn't very happy about the way the entire thing was handled until we got to the pier when we were finally given our cabin number. When the crew member gave us our cabin number I assured him that it must be a mistake since we had only booked an Ocean View GTY on Deck 7. The cabin number he was telling us had five digits in it. I didn't believe him until I looked at the list myself.

I am not going to give any specifics here, but our experience is that the longer you can stay in that GTY pool, the better for you. :D ;) Oceania appreciates your willingness to remain flexible when you book the GTY and generally shows their appreciation if possible.

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful and elegant Riviera.

Edited by willidc

DH and I are just back from B2B on Riviera. We booked a GTY about a year ahead. We did not know the cabin number until we were on the ship. Do not worry. Every cabin is good. We did get a few categories upgrade. Never asked TA or Oceania what cabin we were getting, just waited until we got to the ship.

We have booked guaranty cabins on Oceania twice, the first on our very first cruise in 2008 on Nautica, when we booked only three months before sailing because we did not realize people planned much more in advance when cruising. We received our cabin assignment about 10 days before we sailed.

The second time was this past July, when we booked a Guaranty C cabin (the mid-ships oceanview floor-to-ceiling window cabins) on Riviera for a January Caribbean cruise, knowing that we did not care which of those few cabins we would get because they all are in the same place in my favorite area, mid-ships on lower deck (good for queasy stomach people). We received our cabin assignment about six weeks before sailing when it simply popped up on the Oceania website when I was checking my "Already Booked" materials for another reason. (We ended up accepting an upsell about 10 days before sailing, but only because I could pin down the precise cabin to which I would be moving, again requiring mid-ships.)

The bottom line for me is that I only accept a guaranty if I will be happy with any cabin in that category.

Edited by CintiPam

It's not that I can't wait until we get to the ship, it's the fact that they (Oceania) act like there is no cabin at this time to assign, when in fact they just did assign a cabin for our friends 3 days ago. Guess it's not "first come, first serve"......

It's not that I can't wait until we get to the ship, it's the fact that they (Oceania) act like there is no cabin at this time to assign, when in fact they just did assign a cabin for our friends 3 days ago. Guess it's not "first come, first serve"......

Did your friends book a B4 GTY?

Or did they get a B4 cabin assignment at the time of booking?

Did you check the Oceania website to see if you have a cabin assignment as sometimes I have heard it will show up there before they hear from their TA

Hope your onboard experience will be better

Lyn

As you say you booked a B4 GTY, and you will get a B4. Maybe, possibly, like your friends, you too will be given an upgrade. And maybe not but you WILL get what you paid for.

No one here knows, or at least has kept silent on their secret knowledge, how the upgrades are offered. First cruise or fifth makes no difference. Have often read 'and it was (was not) even their/our first cruise'. I've read the Great Computer generates the list and have never taken it personally when I have not had a free upgrade.

Be happy for your friends and hope you too will have the same good luck. The rest of the ship will be identical. Hope you enjoy your cruise despite this start.

Thank you to all that have tried to explain this to me. We are very seasoned cruisers but I guess we have never done a GTY cabin and after this probably never will. It's not that I expect an upgrade, I just didn't think they would give out a cabin to someone else before we got ours. We usually do book balcony cabins and I wouldn't want anything less at this point. Of course the ship will be the same, the food will be the same and all the ports will be the same. I don't do well with uncertainty, and didn't want a GTY, but in December for what we wanted to pay that is all they had. I know we will love this ship, this itinerary and the marvelous food....JUST GIVE ME A CABIN ALREADY !!!!

I don't do well with uncertainty, and didn't want a GTY, but in December for what we wanted to pay that is all they had. I know we will love this ship, this itinerary and the marvelous food....JUST GIVE ME A CABIN ALREADY !!!!

Well, for sure you will have one in two weeks, and it is a marvelous ship.

Try to relax and enjoy your cruise!

TAs do not assign cabins, O does, and they cannot force O to assign yours now.

Our friends booked an inside GTY when they traveled with us in Oct and got their assignment the day before - to a B2.

GTY should not be booked unless one is ok with not knowing until embarkation date and they are a crap shoot.

Edited by caviargal

On our first trip on the Rivera we booked a GTY ocean view, got a cabin number in the category 6 weeks or so before sailing. About 3 weeks before sailing we took a upsell for a tiny amount to a A1. On our upcoming trip we booked a GTY cabin, got no assignment however again took a upsell to a B1 for a small amount. Each trip is different however both times we made out well. In the upsell business we were allowed to pick the cabin we wanted from the group of available ones.

Everyone's right you never know with a GTY, however you'll never get less than you pay for once you get your cabin. Last year we booked a Owners Suites on the Marina, got sick and ended up in the hospital one day before departing for the cruise. Ended up in the hospital for 5 days, someone got that Owners Suite!

Rick

Got our cabin number today, never heard from TA, had to go online and look for myself. No upgrade but I am happy our friends were upgraded to an A2...we are on deck 7. Got what I paid for and still excited for our cruise....

Got our cabin number today, never heard from TA, had to go online and look for myself. No upgrade but I am happy our friends were upgraded to an A2...we are on deck 7. Got what I paid for and still excited for our cruise....

Glad it worked out

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

Its the fact they don't care and are screwed up like Hogan's goat.

I bought and paid in full over a year ago for a B3 on a grand cruise , comprised of 2 sub-segments/ back to back.

about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 months ago our agent asked that we be considered for and UP-sell should that occur. Oceana, unless they were deaf and dumb had to get the message over 1/2 a year you would think .

We then find that people who signed up for the segments of the cruise were all getting huge up-grades and were getting free air deviations and special business class fares. Again things that we had been requesting and reminding them on a regular basis.

When asked, Oceana replied they don't do that for grand cruise passengers.

Too sharp for me...

Its the fact they don't care and are screwed up like Hogan's goat.

I bought and paid in full over a year ago for a B3 on a grand cruise , comprised of 2 sub-segments/ back to back.

about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 months ago our agent asked that we be considered for and UP-sell should that occur. Oceana, unless they were deaf and dumb had to get the message over 1/2 a year you would think .

We then find that people who signed up for the segments of the cruise were all getting huge up-grades and were getting free air deviations and special business class fares. Again things that we had been requesting and reminding them on a regular basis.

When asked, Oceana replied they don't do that for grand cruise passengers.

Too sharp for me...

On my upcoming trip I called the revenue dept myself as they do the upsells. I asked for the cabin type I wanted and they said sure, here is the price and here are the available cabins. I picked what I wanted an that was that.