Clothing Optional Cruise

richard1s

Yes, that is correct - 1/26; I guess you invested the time to research? I may have been misinformed by passenger(s), crew or maybe even my spouse. But either way, that never mattered to begin with and wasn't really my point.

However I did learn today that there are "clothing optional" cruises. My wife and I are germ-a-phobes and routinely wipe down our stateroom surfaces when we board. Now I guess we have some new areas of concern in our stateroom.

Now this is where I have decided to post a response after reading many posts in regards to this specific chartered cruise.

1. whenever I enter a Hotel or Cruise Line Stateroom I immediately wipe down all door handles, furniture, tables, phones remotes etc.. with my Clorox wipes.. Oh and here is the funny part... hope you all get a good laugh out of this one..

I am a nudist of 34 years and I was on this cruise with my husband of 33 years! now pick your chins up off the floor.

I am a very educated in my 60's , pudgy and happy and love the feel of sun on me and would not have it any other way.

There are many of us out here, we live in nudist resorts, drive cars, married have children and grand children.. we are police men, doctors, lawyers, teachers, air line pilots.. we are old , young, handicapped, fat, skinny, tall , short.. and on and on. We are a community who share a like for au natural and love of the sun, water and life in general... so don't knock it until you know something about it.

We are not "dirty" in fact we carry our towels with us and are quick to police ourselves and tell ANYONE who even tries to not use a towel in error that it is a unforgivable no no..we have fought for the rights of nudists in courts for the right to stretches of PUBLIC beaches that belong to all of us..then endure the "normal" men who proceed to walk miles down the deserted stretch of beach to parade in full clothing to get a peek at us like a zoo animal. Now who is the weirdo ?

we are not molesters, sexists etc in fact we are the opposite.. men within our community will not tolerate this and will proceed to remove anyone from our community that is a gawker or there for the wrong reason immediately.. we are excepted by the gay community and we except them ... it is about respect.

Now about this specific cruise

Yes there was an incident... the way I found out was when we were given a typed letter of apology from the ships Captain in our mailbox advising the incident was an attack on a female passenger in her cabin by a crew member of HAL. The crew member was being held and would be released to the authorities in Ft Lauderdale . The victim was treated in the ship hospital and was taken to the Airport in Roatan and flown home at their expense.

The ship allowed any crew who were not comfortable with our group to move to another ship for the week..(Carnival also has done this for our charters (oh and we booked the whole ship as a FULL CHARTER ) all but 40 rooms were filled.

HAL crew was nothing but WONDERFUL to us all.. they were so kind for the whole cruise. By the way, best food ever on a cruise Textile or Nude!

I have done 5 of the Bare Necessities Cruises and on everyone there is a walk for the cure sponsored by the owner whom a breast cancer cure is dear to her heart.

My husband and I are avid cruises, we have cruised East Coast West coast Alaska, Mexico etc.. NCL, HAL, PRINCESS, CARNIVAL, RCL etc.. if on a textile cruise you would not ever expect we are nudist (except maybe our all over tan:)

I have not meant to offend anyone on this board with this post, I too use this board for cruises and have been a member for awhile.

I just wanted to set the record straight since I was on the ship.

God Bless

Now this is where I have decided to post a response after reading many posts in regards to this specific chartered cruise.

1. whenever I enter a Hotel or Cruise Line Stateroom I immediately wipe down all door handles, furniture, tables, phones remotes etc.. with my Clorox wipes.. Oh and here is the funny part... hope you all get a good laugh out of this one..

I am a nudist of 34 years and I was on this cruise with my husband of 33 years! now pick your chins up off the floor.

I am a very educated in my 60's , pudgy and happy and love the feel of sun on me and would not have it any other way.

There are many of us out here, we live in nudist resorts, drive cars, married have children and grand children.. we are police men, doctors, lawyers, teachers, air line pilots.. we are old , young, handicapped, fat, skinny, tall , short.. and on and on. We are a community who share a like for au natural and love of the sun, water and life in general... so don't knock it until you know something about it.

We are not "dirty" in fact we carry our towels with us and are quick to police ourselves and tell ANYONE who even tries to not use a towel in error that it is a unforgivable no no..we have fought for the rights of nudists in courts for the right to stretches of PUBLIC beaches that belong to all of us..then endure the "normal" men who proceed to walk miles down the deserted stretch of beach to parade in full clothing to get a peek at us like a zoo animal. Now who is the weirdo ?

we are not molesters, sexists etc in fact we are the opposite.. men within our community will not tolerate this and will proceed to remove anyone from our community that is a gawker or there for the wrong reason immediately.. we are excepted by the gay community and we except them ... it is about respect.

Yes there was an incident... the way I found out was when we were given a typed letter of apology from the ships Captain in our mailbox advising the incident was an attack on a female passenger in her cabin by a crew member of HAL. The crew member was being held and would be released to the authorities in Ft Lauderdale . The victim was treated in the ship hospital and was taken to the Airport in Roatan and flown home at their expense.

The ship allowed any crew who were not comfortable with our group to move to another ship for the week..(Carnival also has done this for our charters (oh and we booked the whole ship as a FULL CHARTER ) all but 40 rooms were filled.

HAL crew was nothing but WONDERFUL to us all.. they were so kind for the whole cruise. By the way, best food ever on a cruise Textile or Nude!

I have done 5 of the Bare Necessities Cruises and on everyone there is a walk for the cure sponsored by the owner whom a breast cancer cure is dear to her heart.

My husband and I are avid cruises, we have cruised East Coast West coast Alaska, Mexico etc.. NCL, HAL, PRINCESS, CARNIVAL, RCL etc.. if on a textile cruise you would not ever expect we are nudist (except maybe our all over tan:)

I have not meant to offend anyone on this board with this post, I too use this board for cruises and have been a member for awhile.

God Bless

Thank you for taking the time to post your views. By the way, how was the cruise?

Thank you.. and the cruise was beautiful with wonderful beaches and great weather.. thanks for asking

Thank you. Some folks just don't understand. We weren't on this recent cruise, but are waiting for word tomorrow if anyone booked the cabin we want for the 2016 Celebrity Connie, which will be for my 50th birthday / 30th wedding anniversary. If not, it's mine all mine, and I can't wait! :)

God Bless

Thank you. So good to get a report from someone actually on the cruise, and from a nudist. It helps us - I hope - all understand a little better.

God Bless

LOL - I never said or suggested any of the things you mention - nor do you have to set any record straight for my accord. Frankly I could care less about it -I just never heard of a clothing optional cruise.

DeeDee thanks for your post and sharing some insight into your lifestyle. You sound like a hoot and as you stated on a clothed cruise I'm sure many would have enjoyed meeting you and DH. FWIW I'm a little jealous of the all over tan (big smile)

Glad you had a nice cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL - I never said or suggested any of the things you mention - nor do you have to set any record straight for my accord. Frankly I could care less about it -I just never heard of a clothing optional cruise.

Wow, did you even read her post. She was not responding to YOU, but to the many posts regarding this specific cruise (including other threads). If you could care less then you never would have responded to her post.

DeeDee, thank you for a well written description of you and your life style, I hope it helps other understand and except your right to live as you choose.

DeeDee thanks for your post and sharing some insight into your lifestyle. You sound like a hoot and as you stated on a clothed cruise I'm sure many would have enjoyed meeting you and DH. FWIW I'm a little jealous of the all over tan (big smile)

Glad you had a nice cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure you are quite unaware but the term "lifestyle" is used to refer to people who engage in "polyamorous acitivites" so shouldn't be used when referring to nudists or naturalists.

As a response to this entire thread and the others that seem to have disappeared:

I always find it amusing how people react to nudists. Some think it is all about looking at others or is a sexually charged atmosphere. In truth it's all about being natural, as we were all put on this Earth. As deedee53 put so well, people from all walks of life and with all manner of body compositions partake in Au natural recreation and it is usually the safest, most polite and accepting environment possible.

Thanks for the great reply deedee53.

Cruise lines disclosing groups traveling on a cruise just screams discrimination.

The demographics of passengers is not disclosed to anyone. They would never say "we expect about 1/3 of the ship to be Americans and 1/3 of the ship to be Canadians, etc"...so it wouldn't make sense for them to say "we expect about 1/3 of the ship to be gay and 1/3 of the ship to be a group of realtors and the rest of the ship will be everyone else".

I didn't think that we were talking about demographics, and your following post would indicate that we were not. Also, I doubt if just the listing of demographics constitutes discrimination.

Wow, did you even read her post. She was not responding to YOU, but to the many posts regarding this specific cruise (including other threads). If you could care less then you never would have responded to her post.

DeeDee, thank you for a well written description of you and your life style, I hope it helps other understand and except your right to live as you choose.

One reason I only have so few posts despite being on this website almost 10 years is I typically don't get into dumb exchanges (like this) but I want to respond to your condescending comment. WOW, if she wasn't responding to me, then why would she "quote" me. Wow, did you even read her post? Also, I wan't even on the "nude cruise"; and finally, WHO CARES?

I am sure you are quite unaware but the term "lifestyle" is used to refer to people who engage in "polyamorous acitivites" so shouldn't be used when referring to nudists or naturalists..

Who knew? I would have figured that lifestyle meant... you know... lifestyle. Kind of like the dictionary definition. Oh well. I guess I'm going to have be offended by that whole Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville "Island Lifestyle" thing. I just Googled the term and it's everywhere!

Gasp! :o So much to be offended by, so little time. :D

Edited by POA1

Who knew? I would have figured that lifestyle meant... you know... lifestyle. Kind of like the dictionary definition. Oh well. I guess I'm going to have be offended by that whole Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville "Island Lifestyle" thing. I just Googled the term and it's everywhere!

I know, it is easy to offend someone these days. You never know what may be a "trigger" so I though it might be good to put that tidbit out there.

Oh for God's sake get with the times

Its 2014 , as soon as you have a threeway you get exclusive rights to the word lifestyle :) *LOL*

Because the cruise lines well know all this, they will not tell us even when asked directly. We were once aboard with a very large group and it was dreadful. We learned a very hard and costly lesson that cruise. It doesn't really matter what the group is as what matters is the rest of us feel like we are in the way. Well, actually, all those not a part of the group are in the way.

Venues are closed for their private use, sometimes full dining seatings are reserved for just them and a host of other inconveniences and worse.

Been there more than once. On one cruise even certain elevators were restricted and could only be used by the group. Entire upper dining room was reserved for first seating … and they were all 30 - 45 minutes late.

cruising AIN'T what it used to be!

Venues are closed for their private use, sometimes full dining seatings are reserved for just them and a host of other inconveniences and worse.

That would REALLY annoy me. If I paid full price for a cruise, my use of public areas of the ship should NOT be reduced to accommodate a group. And reserving an entire elevator? Ridiculous.

Omg!!! Thank you!! Mark Shultz a Christian artist that we love is going to be on our cruise and we had no idea. I am SO excited now thanks again for posting the link
Typically unless you have booked your cruise as part of the group (this costs more than booking on your own) you won't be able to attend events for the group. Those events are what the group has paid extra to have as part of their cruise.

I was wondering about a Born Again cruise where they we wearing their birthday suits.:eek:

I had a friend that was Born Again. it was terrible . This time they had to do a C section. Needless to say they had to close the Lido pool after that baptism.

Man and you think people complain about babies in swim diapers . There was almost a mutiny on this cruise .

That would REALLY annoy me. If I paid full price for a cruise, my use of public areas of the ship should NOT be reduced to accommodate a group. And reserving an entire elevator? Ridiculous.

Well, to be fair, we Cruise Critic persons are a group and we expect the use of the Crow's Nest for our meet and greets and sometimes the ship will have a special cruise critic luncheon for us. And not only do we not pay more for the privilege, the ship loses shore excursion profits from us. So I won't complain about a group that would like to vacation together.