Post cruise luggage problem

can-cruise

We will be sailing on the Princess Royal next week and I am so grateful to the cc community and especially Dave and Benny for all the great reviews,pictures and suggestions they have posted about the ship.This is our 20th cruise,but our first with Princess and the cc forum has answered most of our questions about the ship and we can hardly wait to board. I hope that some cc members will have some suggestions regarding our post cruise problem.

At the end of the cruise we have a pre-arranged thansfer to Fort Lauderdale Airport but our Air Canada flight back to Toronto is not until 10.20pm. I have heard that there is a service at the Airport that will store your luggage for the day.(I think that it is called Bags to Go).Has anyone used this service or know how it works? or I would appreciate any other suggestions about how best to spend the day or about what to do with our luggage until our flight chech-in time.

We will be sailing on the Princess Royal next week and I am so grateful to the cc community and especially Dave and Benny for all the great reviews,pictures and suggestions they have posted about the ship.This is our 20th cruise,but our first with Princess and the cc forum has answered most of our questions about the ship and we can hardly wait to board. I hope that some cc members will have some suggestions regarding our post cruise problem.

At the end of the cruise we have a pre-arranged thansfer to Fort Lauderdale Airport but our Air Canada flight back to Toronto is not until 10.20pm. I have heard that there is a service at the Airport that will store your luggage for the day.(I think that it is called Bags to Go).Has anyone used this service or know how it works? or I would appreciate any other suggestions about how best to spend the day or about what to do with our luggage until our flight chech-in time.

These questions are asked frequently on the Florida Board (this may be moved there). Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) is located at each terminal at FLL. Alternatively - have you thought of renting a car for the day? You can store your luggage in the trunk and are free to drive around the area. Check out http://www.sunny.org (the Fort Lauderdale tourist site) for info on attractions, restaurants, etc.

You might look at canceling your transfers and renting a car for the day, put the bags in the trunk, and then go where you want - South Beach, Hollywood Boardwalk, etc. (National, Alamo and Thrifty offer a free shuttle from POM to their MIA airport location -- or cab to a downtown rental office (Avis, etc.) for about $12.

Good luck! :)

Cancel your transfers and get a rental car. Then you'll have instant bag storage transfers and transportation.

You might look at canceling your transfers and renting a car for the day, put the bags in the trunk, and then go where you want - South Beach, Hollywood Boardwalk, etc. (National, Alamo and Thrifty offer a free shuttle from POM to their MIA airport location -- or cab to a downtown rental office (Avis, etc.) for about $12.

Good luck! :)

The past two years my plan was to spend the day riding the water taxi but instead we sat in the airport all day with luggage because the valet service promised was not available. Your suggestion is a good one. Does anyone know where we could park the car for free while we ride the water taxi?

I would look at whether Princess has an express check-in service. We did this on RCI a few years ago and it was THE BEST. Set our bags in the hall the night before, then didn't see them again until we claimed at our home airport. This was a domestic flight - so it may not be an option for Canada. But I would look into it!

I used Bags to Go a couple of years ago after a cruise.

They have a truck parked as you leave the cruise terminal (just watch for a man with a sign). You just follow him to his truck and check in your luggage and they give you a receipt.

Then I went and enjoyed the day on the water taxi. Got on and off water taxi a few times. Had a few drinks and some late lunch. Then grabbed a taxi to the airport. With Bags to Go, you need to be dropped off at the baggage claim area. They have an office there and you just stop in, give your receipt and get your bags. Then head upstairs to check in for flight.

All very easy and we worth the money!!

I would look at whether Princess has an express check-in service. We did this on RCI a few years ago and it was THE BEST. Set our bags in the hall the night before, then didn't see them again until we claimed at our home airport. This was a domestic flight - so it may not be an option for Canada. But I would look into it!

Unfortunately for the OP this is correct. Bags To Go--which operates the EZCheck service offered on Princess ships--is only for domestic flights.

Rental car is the best bet. Heading into the airport terminal (via a group coach transfer) to store bags there and then taking a cab back to where you are headed is a real time-killer.

Unfortunately for the OP this is correct. Bags To Go--which operates the EZCheck service offered on Princess ships--is only for domestic flights.

Rental car is the best bet. Heading into the airport terminal (via a group coach transfer) to store bags there and then taking a cab back to where you are headed is a real time-killer.

Not sure if we are talking about the same service??? What I used was completely independent of any cruise lines. It was NOT a checked in service.

All I did (without any kind of reservation) was walk up to the representative after leaving the ship. Then followed him to their truck. Gave my name and phone number (I don't remember, but don't even think I gave him my flight info)

Then 6 hrs later I show up at the airport as normal, go to their office (at baggage claim) and then proceed upstairs to check in for flight as normal.

I assume this service still operates the same way. All very fast and efficient and very cheap