Pacific Coastal now open for booking

Debitoo

Did anyone who just booked these Cal Coast cruises get the OBC they are offering for cruises booked through Feb 28? Just wondering....

Ummm no. Onboard Credit ("OBC") Offer applies to cruises booked Feb. 18 - 28, 2014. OBC offer is valid on 3-night or longer Royal Caribbean International sailings departing Mar. 1 - Dec. 31, 2014, excluding Quantum of the Seas.

Free Upgrade Offer applies to new bookings of Australia, Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean, and European cruises departing between May 1 – Dec. 15, 2014. Offer valid Feb. 18 – Mar. 31, 2014.

The promotions won't be valid for brand new 2015 itineraries as they are released. I am looking at the Jewel canal cruise, though. :D:):D

Did anyone who just booked these Cal Coast cruises get the OBC they are offering for cruises booked through Feb 28? Just wondering....

Didn't notice anything extra. Our NCC -OBC and Balcony D+ discount.

In addition to the OBC promo not being valid for cruises in 2015, the promo is not combinable with any C&A perks.

Edited by clarea

I'm getting a little push back, regarding some of these Jewel cruises on the west coast. It's because of the Jones act. What combination of cruises would I not be able to do? We're trying to book as many as we can, while it's in my backyard. For instance, can I board in San Diego, and then do a back-to-back as it travels to Vancouver, and then Vancouver to Seattle?

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

Sent from my AT100 using Forums mobile app

I'm all for baby steps as long as it leads to a full season or longer!!! :)

If these cruises are successful there is a decent chance that a longer season will follow. If not, there is no one to blame except those people who have been clamoring for their return but who didn't support these "baby steps".

All the sailing dates are showing up on the website for me! I hope these itineraries sell well because the prices are pretty decent and I'd love to see Royal Caribbean on the west coast for more than just Alaska cruises out of Seattle/Vancouver.

Edited by crazyventures

I'm getting a little push back, regarding some of these Jewel cruises on the west coast. It's because of the Jones act. What combination of cruises would I not be able to do? We're trying to book as many as we can, while it's in my backyard. For instance, can I board in San Diego, and then do a back-to-back as it travels to Vancouver, and then Vancouver to Seattle?

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

No, you would not be able to go from San Diego to Seattle without visiting a distant foreign port. Vancouver or Ensenada are not distant ports.

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

Hi Gigi......yesterday I tried to book the Sept 11 Seattle-Vancouver followed by Sept 18 Vancouver to LA. I was told this violated the Jones Act. I'm with you and would like to book more but the Jones Act seems to get in the way. :rolleyes:

We did book Sept 26 RT Los Angeles. :) So happy to have a ship on our coast and hope folks book it out so RCI can see we really want a ship here.

Just got off the phone with RCI. They cannot look up any info right now as their computers are down. I am holding a next cruise certificate that I was planning to transfer to this cruise. We have been waiting for this to open up. Really hope RCI is successful with this cruise. I also tried to place a hold on one of the many staterooms we would like. Everything is saying unavailable so things must really be down.

Since we live in the Northwest and know what the weather is like we are definitely going to be doing a Sept cruise as weather is usually gorgeous then. We can take the train easily to Vancouver and it's an easy inexpensive flight home from LA. Perfect for us for a change. So excited to have one in our backyard!

Guess I will have to come back to this later today. Frustrating when I was all ready to just book it!

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

No, but you could stay on for the entire Alaska season and get off on September 18 in Vancouver.:D

If these cruises are successful there is a decent chance that a longer season will follow. If not, there is no one to blame except those people who have been clamoring for their return but who didn't support these "baby steps".

Amen.

Going to be one big party!

I tried to set up/register for the Oct 3rd sailing M&M but it's not available yet. I think this will be one heck of a roll call once we can register!

Is everyone else as excited as I am?:D;):p:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

It's actually the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA), not the Jones Act (the latter only deals with cargo). You cannot travel between two American ports without a stop outside North America on the same ship, even if it's two back to back cruises. You would either need to stop at a distant port (Columbia, the ABC islands, Kiribati, etc.) on one leg or switch ships between the two legs.

In addition to the OBC promo not being valid for cruises in 2015, the promo is not combinable with any C&A perks.

We are going to Alaska in July 2014 and have $100 for booking on the ship. Will they give me the extra $100 of the promo?

Just got off the phone with RCI. They cannot look up any info right now as their computers are down. I am holding a next cruise certificate that I was planning to transfer to this cruise. We have been waiting for this to open up. Really hope RCI is successful with this cruise. I also tried to place a hold on one of the many staterooms we would like. Everything is saying unavailable so things must really be down.

Since we live in the Northwest and know what the weather is like we are definitely going to be doing a Sept cruise as weather is usually gorgeous then. We can take the train easily to Vancouver and it's an easy inexpensive flight home from LA. Perfect for us for a change. So excited to have one in our backyard!

Guess I will have to come back to this later today. Frustrating when I was all ready to just book it!

I just called C&A and booked Sep. 26 I pray they will fill up the ship so they will give us more. WOW not to have to fly LOOVEEEE It

We are going to Alaska in July 2014 and have $100 for booking on the ship. Will they give me the extra $100 of the promo?

The current promo advertised on Royal's home page is not combinable with other Royal OBC.

It's actually the Passenger Vessel Services Act (PVSA), not the Jones Act (the latter only deals with cargo). You cannot travel between two American ports without a stop outside North America on the same ship, even if it's two back to back cruises. You would either need to stop at a distant port (Columbia, the ABC islands, Kiribati, etc.) on one leg or switch ships between the two legs.

Thank you for the clarification.

I just need to know which of these cruises I can book, in which combination.

May 2, May 16, May 22. Also Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 26, and Oct. 3.

We want to book them all. Please advise.

Thank you.

Thank you for the clarification.

I just need to know which of these cruises I can book, in which combination.

May 2, May 16, May 22. Also Sept. 11, Sept. 18, Sept. 26, and Oct. 3.

We want to book them all. Please advise.

Thank you.

You can book May 2 and May 16th together.

You can also book September 18, September 26 and October 3 together.

Hooking the other trips up would cause a PVSA violation.

You can book May 2 and May 16th together.

You can also book September 18, September 26 and October 3 together.

Hooking the other trips up would cause a PVSA violation.

Thank you.

I do know some else who had no problem booking May 2, May 16, and May 22 all together.

Seems the Sept. 11 cruise may be the problem.

I tried to set up/register for the Oct 3rd sailing M&M but it's not available yet. I think this will be one heck of a roll call once we can register!

Is everyone else as excited as I am?:D;):p:rolleyes:

You can't sign up for M&M until 1 year out.

Thank you.

I do know some else who had no problem booking May 2, May 16, and May 22 all together.

Seems the Sept. 11 cruise may be the problem.

Gigi, you have mail

Although we do have an October 3 Roll Call :)

So excited to sail RCCL from our homeport. We miss the weekend cruises and were thinking of taking Princess (lowest level status). But now that we can cruise with Diamond status - we are very excited!

And we adore the Jewel!

It might only be a few cruises, but we'll take it while it is there. And the thought of not having to fly is very appealing.