concierge neptune lounge noise

cardboardcharlie

I am new to Holland America we have a room 7084 vd which is on the same floor as lounge do we hear any noise from the lounge and is it a nice quiet room thanks for you help

The Neptune Lounge is not a bar. It's a quiet place. It's for people that have booked suites.

Is it only me or is anyone else afraid to talk above a whisper in there?

:D I speak at normal volume. But other than once or twice a sailing, the room is pretty empty. We try to be right across from the Neptune door. It helps with the coffee run in the morning.

Not a peep comes out of that lounge!

Sez you. I was sitting in there one afternoon and casually mentioned to a blue haired lady that I was sailing in an inside cabin. The subsequent noise was deafening! I was pelted with finger sandwiches as I fled the scene.

7084 is quite a ways from the NL- you definitely won't see any Conga Lines snaking down thru deck 7 :-)

Actually I don't think I've ever seen a conga line anywhere on a Holland America Ship

On the majority of our cruises, I witness a bar crawl with around 50 passengers wearing wild hats and definitely proceeding throughout the ship in a modified conga line.

I am new to Holland America we have a room 7084 vd which is on the same floor as lounge do we hear any noise from the lounge and is it a nice quiet room thanks for you help

You are not any where near the Neptune Lounge.

Your VD7084 is close to the aft elevators and stairs. And it appears that there is service area for the cabin stewards right across the hall from you -- I am not real certain about that though.

Sez you. I was sitting in there one afternoon and casually mentioned to a blue haired lady that I was sailing in an inside cabin. The subsequent noise was deafening! I was pelted with finger sandwiches as I fled the scene.

Thank you so much for the early morning chuckle.

Is it only me or is anyone else afraid to talk above a whisper in there?

I wouldn't say we exactly whisper but then again it really is typically a very peaceful and quiet location. It almost has this library reading room feel to it. We do keep our voices down a bit in there. :) It is interesting that this is not the first thread asking this question, reminds me that in some parts of the US, and maybe in other countries for that matter, a lounge is sometimes a bar.

Edited by Randyk47

Actually I don't think I've ever seen a conga line anywhere on a Holland America Ship

We had one almost every night from the Tropic Bar on the old Rotterdam. Frank Gusto organized it as part of the act. We went from the Tropic Bar, through the smoking lounge, sometimes through the Ritz Carlton lounge, and back to our places.

What fun it used to be.

On the majority of our cruises, I witness a bar crawl with around 50 passengers wearing wild hats and definitely proceeding throughout the ship in a modified conga line.

I've had nearly 30 cruises on HAL and only saw a group (not a conga line) going on a pub crawl. They were pretty sedate as you would expect of HAL cruisers.

You are up later than we are :D

All of the bar crawls that I observed occurred before 9:00 PM with one at 3:00 PM on a sea day winding their way through the Lido Restaurant heading for the aft Lido bar.

I am not sure if these were ship-sponsored or just an ever-growing group of passengers determined to have at least one drink at every bar on the ship.

All of the bar crawls that I observed occurred before 9:00 PM with one at 3:00 PM on a sea day winding their way through the Lido Restaurant heading for the aft Lido bar.

I am not sure if these were ship-sponsored or just an ever-growing group of passengers determined to have at least one drink at every bar on the ship.

The first time we saw a pub crawl on HAL ship was Eurodam about 4 years ago. We were docked in San Juan for a late sailaway. DH and I had returned to the ship after dinner ashore and were having a quiet cognac in Crows Nest when we heard a blast of singing....... :D Hi Ho, Ho, It's off to the bar we Go!!! :D

What?

One of the activities staff (can't remember if party planner or who) led a group of about 20 guests laughing and singing and partying to the bar. We had not noticed but bartender had prepared some umbrella sort of drink for each and they were lined up waiting for everyone to take one. They had their drinks and off they went to the next bar.

Everyone seemed to be having LOTS of fun! :) .... including us, watching them.

Is it only me or would you just love to do a conga line with RuthC? :D

RuthC wishes she could do a conga line the way RuthC used to! :D Kinda tough with a cane. :(

We used to have such fun in that bar. There was a can-can line when all the women had to get up and dance; there were toy instruments to form a band. There was a special song played when you entered, and a different one played when a man left to go to the restroom. :o (It would still be playing when he returned. :eek:)