First Night Dining BOGO?

Refresh my memory, is this available only in Diamond Plus booklet or is it in Diamond as well? Cruising with our girls who are diamond but my husband isn't cruising with us so I believe there will only be one certificate between us but not sure. Thanks for the help, as always, Deb

Refresh my memory, is this available only in Diamond Plus booklet or is it in Diamond as well? Cruising with our girls who are diamond but my husband isn't cruising with us so I believe there will only be one certificate between us but not sure. Thanks for the help, as always, Deb

Only Diamond Plus.

On a side note, once you make "plus" and can use that coupon....I

never make my reservation before I board. I make them

in person on embarkation day, and specifically tell the host/hostess that I have

a BOGO coupon (which is imprinted on your sea pass). Seems to be less

confusion that way.

Edited by island lady

Recently on Serenade they alllowed us to use our's once in Chops on the second night and in Giovanni's on the fourth night. I was told that they were allowing you to use thru out the week, when I went to book once on board. There was a passenger in front of me booking also and he was told the same thing. They gave no specifc reason why.

We paid on the night we were there.

Maybe too many D-plus on board, not sure.

Edited by SAS21

was just on the Independence and they allowed us to use it another night if we paid for it the first night. So we did Chops on the first night and Giovannis on the fourth night. I think you have to ask because the rules always seem to change. BTW, only for Diamond Plus

So, could you use it 2 nights because there are 2 of you or did they let you use same coupon twice? Thanks for all the incredible replies. I was pretty sure it was diamond plus but wanted confirmation for my daughter and her husband who DON'T have a coupon and now I only have 1 cuz hubby has to stay home this trip!

So, could you use it 2 nights because there are 2 of you or did they let you use same coupon twice? Thanks for all the incredible replies. I was pretty sure it was diamond plus but wanted confirmation for my daughter and her husband who DON'T have a coupon and now I only have 1 cuz hubby has to stay home this trip!

You cannot use the same coupon twice. Some ships have let people use the coupons on 2 different nights, but I would not depend on that.

We said that last cruise when my husband and I sailed together. We both get the coupon but can only use 1 because of the night. It seemed like a waste but we were able to give it to another couple in Chops that night which made us feel better.

And now you can't even do that as the coupons are loaded onto your Seapass cards.

Wish we could use the two of them, having one each on our

sea pass card between us and can't use them both.

Oh well, so I make him buy...and my dinner that first night is free.

Makes me a cheap date! ;) :p

Using both D+ pax BOGO coupon depends on the ship. Some are strict with embarkation night only- so only one coupon can be used; some ships allow any night of the week for a total of two times for the 2/4/1 and swipe your card after each dinner; others let you book two nights (2 4 1) if they swipe each card on the first day/night. We have been on twelve different RCI ships in the last year and have experience the whole spectrum.

On the Serenade, it depended on how many D+ers were on-board. They wanted all (110) D+ers to have a chance to eat at Chops/Giovanni's and that could not be done on the first night.

Edited by Tagsalong

I believe it is possible to use it a different night but you need

to pay for it the first night. They may vary by ship so talk to them

the first day.

The above information is correct. We have done it several times on different ships, most recently Independence and Enchantment and a couple of others which I can't recall just now.:)

Cat Girl is correct. You MUST redeem it the first night; but you can reserve for another night. The system will not let you redeem it for any other night. So pay up front and go later. They have been doing this on quite a few cruises and actually on the Liberty a few weeks back when I had my letter with C&A electronic discounts, I noticed it was even worded differently. Something to the effect of pay the first night using your BOGO...... previously it use to say must be used the first night.

If you are two in the cabin D+/P, you can redeem them both and eat in specialty rest. twice. I like that.

We've experienced this before on Med cruises and with two vouchers we've been able to eat in two different restaurants as long as we pay for both on the first day.

I'd love to know if anyone has had experience of this on Allure recently.

Thanks everyone, for telling me of your experiences at some ships letting you use both

BOGO coupons. I will try that on my June 1st Freedom cruise. The 1st is our

anniversary...perfect timing! Then my birthday is the 5th, so I am hoping I can

use that second BOGO in the other specialty restaurant on that night.

Worth a try? Anyone have luck on the Freedom doing that?