Is this Old News?

Dizziedi

There is a lot of posts/threads about this. There is also a lot of hysteria. It seems that the restrictions are going to be more on the peak holiday sailings. They are just doing what is good business. Cabins that they have set up for 3-4 and connecting cabins will be restricted to those that are booking 3-4 or those that want connecting cabins.

What is happening on the threads is that people are making generalised guessing statements and others are taking that to be total fact on every sailing forever more and having huge hissy fits.

That is just my interpretation. Amongst the posters there are a few facts and some common sense replies, but you need to filter through and find out for yourself on the sailings you want to research.

There is a lot of posts/threads about this. There is also a lot of hysteria. It seems that the restrictions are going to be more on the peak holiday sailings. They are just doing what is good business. Cabins that they have set up for 3-4 and connecting cabins will be restricted to those that are booking 3-4 or those that want connecting cabins.

What is happening on the threads is that people are making generalised guessing statements and others are taking that to be total fact on every sailing forever more and having huge hissy fits.

That is just my interpretation. Amongst the posters there are a few facts and some common sense replies, but you need to filter through and find out for yourself on the sailings you want to research.

You have summed it up perfectly.

I know there have been a lot of threads but this inferred confirmation. I was wondering whether or not the re-categorisation was to do with the much discussed changing the name of a JS to "perhaps" an "Extended Balcony" etc.

Cheers

Di

I know there have been a lot of threads but this inferred confirmation. I was wondering whether or not the re-categorisation was to do with the much discussed changing the name of a JS to "perhaps" an "Extended Balcony" etc.

Cheers

Di

Where did you hear about changing the name of the JS?

I can share my recent experience with this "new" change.

Jewel of the Seas fall 2015 itineraries were released this week. I called on the first day to book a D1 hump cabin on deck 9 for the Sept 18 Vancouver to Los Angeles sailing and was told I couldn't book the "center hump" cabins as they have 3/4 person capacity and can't be booked by a couple. :mad:

JS's, unless they are on the aft, do not have "extended" balconies by any means! The are the same depth as any balcony...simply wider!

I am well aware of the size of the balconies:rolleyes: but there have been threads on here regarding the 'renaming' of cabins and specifically the JS because some people book them thinking they have a full suite.

Cheers

Di

I am well aware of the size of the balconies:rolleyes: but there have been threads on here regarding the 'renaming' of cabins and specifically the JS because some people book them thinking they have a full suite.

Cheers

Di

A few random comments here and there is certainly not "much discussed"

"much discussed" would be dress code on the MDR or smoking on the balconies.

Jewel of the Seas fall 2015 itineraries were released this week. I called on the first day to book a D1 hump cabin on deck 9 for the Sept 18 Vancouver to Los Angeles sailing and was told I couldn't book the "center hump" cabins as they have 3/4 person capacity and can't be booked by a couple. :mad:

I would say you should switch to an E1 on deck 7 or 8. Great center hump balconies without the occupancy restrictions that is snagging you up. This is what we did for Alaska 2015, and save a few bucks over what we were originally going to spend on a D1.

Our experience was exactly the same when trying to book a D1 hump cabin on Allure when the European sailings opened. We were told no D1s (at all) for 2 people.

Eventually they did release some D1's on the hump, although they called them D2's :confused: and now the original D1's are open.

There was clearly a lot of confusion and misinformation and poorly loaded info on the website - some of which has settled down now. Instead of recognising which were 'family' sailings they first made all D1's unavailable. Since your sailing is not at peak family time or the type of cruise which would be popular with family groups I suggest you take another look as you may find D1s have now opened up for 2.

Edited to say I just checked and although the 2 centre D1's have gone, the other D1s on the hump on deck 9 are available to book for 2. So does this mean they have kept back just the 2 centre humps for 4? If so, how can this be fair when many of the other D1's hold 4 but are available for 2 to book. This is holding off prime cabins for 4.

Edited by Bobal

A few random comments here and there is certainly not "much discussed"

"much discussed" would be dress code on the MDR or smoking on the balconies.

Perhaps you should check other threads:rolleyes: thought this forum was about discussing possibilities/probabilities and people's general thoughts , not know-alls calling the shots.

Cheers

Di

Perhaps you should check other threads:rolleyes: thought this forum was about discussing possibilities/probabilities and people's general thoughts , not know-alls calling the shots.

Cheers

Di

Are we getting a bit defensive here, just because you didn´t spread the breaking News you thought you would?:rolleyes:

Are we getting a bit defensive here, just because you didn´t spread the breaking News you thought you would?:rolleyes:

If you read the Heading, I asked if it was Old News - I would have thought a reasonable question - was this new news or was it stale? Clearly not to those who consider themselves smarter than the rest and just simply, downright nasty - get over yourself.

Cheers

Di

If you read the Heading, I asked if it was Old News - I would have thought a reasonable question - was this new news or was it stale? Clearly not to those who consider themselves smarter than the rest and just simply, downright nasty - get over yourself.

Cheers

Di

Yep, I read the heading, People told you "Yes-old News" and instead of "end of story" you started to get a bit defensive. I don´t see any downright rude or nasty on the thread.

Yep, I read the heading, People told you "Yes-old News" and instead of "end of story" you started to get a bit defensive. I don´t see any downright rude or nasty on the thread.

I am making an exemption by responding to a nark but won't again.;)

Cheers

Di

This is how false information gets started...:rolleyes:

Edited by Thetrail

JS's, unless they are on the aft, do not have "extended" balconies by any means! The are the same depth as any balcony...simply wider!
"Extended" could as easily mean width as depth.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can't help but think those people have to be the sort that never read footnotes, because pretty much everything on the documentation of what suites get are very clear about what classes of room get what perqs.

I think your right people don't read fine print

The name is similar as other lines with mini suite or club suite or concierge etc

As long as I have somewhere to sleep on board, the ship is floating and alcohol is there. I am good:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums