New toiletries...Gilchrist & Soames

WestLakeGirl

Between yesterday and today there is a new brand of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap in staterooms. Don't know how this might or might not have affected Aqua and Suites. Further research to come.

This is on Eclipse. Don't know if it is fleet wide.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

YAY!!!!!!!

I know this sounds crazy, but that was my biggest complaint about X ships! On our first cruise on the Solstice we booked a CC cabin. Since we were flying to Europe I left my shampoo and conditioner here to save on flying weight. I did not know how poor the quality was, otherwise i would have bought shampoo/conditioner before boarding. Lesson learned- I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

For 12 nights I had to fight nasty and painful knots while trying to brush my hair after showers. My hair is long, and fine. Thus, lots on knots and tangles!

I hope the new products are better for those with long hair. I am anxious to hear a review :)

I hope no change in aqua! I've been looking forward to restocking my lip balm in a couple weeks!

OMG, I LOVE that lip balm! Will they give us more than one? I didn't think to ask last year for an extra, but I first tried that balm when I got home and it was the best, truly. Love the fresh lemony scent

I do like Gilchrest and Soames products : )

Edited by 4cats4me

Between yesterday and today there is a new brand of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap in staterooms. Don't know how this might or might not have affected Aqua and Suites. Further research to come.

Thanks for the info… I was looking forward to the suites bvlgari products on our next cruise. Let us know if there is any change for Aquas and Suites, please. :)

G & S products are nice. I have used them at nice hotels. There are better products. I miss the Denney products that Celebrity used in the 90s. That was excellent. I also miss the Elemis products on Azamara. Anything would be an improvement over that awful citrus junk that I just used on the Eclipse in January. That stuff is nasty. Many upscale lines are using L"Occitane products. Bulgari is just okay. To be safe, always bring your own shampoo and conditioner. A bad shampoo can ruin color treated hair. A quality conditioner is a must.

YAY!!!!!!!

I know this sounds crazy, but that was my biggest complaint about X ships! On our first cruise on the Solstice we booked a CC cabin. Since we were flying to Europe I left my shampoo and conditioner here to save on flying weight. I did not know how poor the quality was, otherwise i would have bought shampoo/conditioner before boarding. Lesson learned- I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

For 12 nights I had to fight nasty and painful knots while trying to brush my hair after showers. My hair is long, and fine. Thus, lots on knots and tangles!

I hope the new products are better for those with long hair. I am anxious to hear a review :)

Why didn't you buy some shampoo and conditioner while in Europe :D

OMG, I LOVE that lip balm! Will they give us more than one? I didn't think to ask last year for an extra, but I first tried that balm when I got home and it was the best, truly. Love the fresh lemony scent

I do like Gilchrest and Soames products : )

My husband told our room attendant how much I liked it and he left me 4 of them last year! I'm just about out now, hoping for more in 3 weeks. I have a hard time finding lip balm that really works for me.

I like Gilchrest and Soames too.

Does anyone know if the Bulgari products in the suites include a shower gel? I know there is a bar soap.

One of the bottles is labeled "shampoo / shower gel". It is a thicker liquid than the bottle labeled "shampoo".

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

This is ,a British brand popular with 4 and 5 star hotels

It is nice stuff

Retails around £14 for a bottle of shampoo

Hmmm, ??? The bottles we received stated Indianapolis, IN, on the back of containers. :confused: Seemed to be a good product.

Ray in NH

My husband told our room attendant how much I liked it and he left me 4 of them last year! I'm just about out now, hoping for more in 3 weeks. I have a hard time finding lip balm that really works for me.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Celebrity hasn't had the lip balms in aquaclass for a while now. We've done two aquaclass bookings since Dec. and they were not included among the bath amenities. Also gone are the facial mist and foot spray. Our attendant said they were part of the cutbacks.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Celebrity hasn't had the lip balms in aquaclass for a while now. We've done two aquaclass bookings since Dec. and they were not included among the bath amenities. Also gone are the facial mist and foot spray. Our attendant said they were part of the cutbacks.

You have to ask:)

Why didn't you buy some shampoo and conditioner while in Europe :D

This was my first X cruise and I didn't know how bad the quality was :D Since we were in concierge, it said upgraded bath amenities so I thought I was in the clear.... boy was I wrong haha! Now I bring my own :p

I do love the L'Occitane products as someone else mentioned. Our hotel in Paris had them and got me hooked! I now buy several products from L'Occitane!

Love Gilchrist & Soames! The Inn at Ole Miss in Oxford, MS used to have this in their rooms. Alas they haven't been there the last couple times I've stayed. I love that the moisturizer is very light and not greasy. And the shampoo smells just wonderful. I hope they have them in the suites as we are in a Celebrity Suite next year!