New toiletries...Gilchrist & Soames

WestLakeGirl

I understand, I was just curious, because of the packaging, my love for their products, and the lack of decent toiletries on any of my cruises. Just trying to figure which formula are in the tubes using their site as a guideline. Didn't mean to bring this off topic or anything. It's refreshing to see this and the other products mentioned being offered.

I like the former products in AQ better. And Aqua class should have upgraded products, I suspect everyone gets these.

The lip gloss, especially the original was amazing. I have hoarded all of them from each sailing.

I blew it by not asking for more lip balm last year. Loved it. The one this year is not nearly as moisturizing, but i do like the scent of the new products Very subtle

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sailed on Disney in January. Their toiletries are incredible. If I remember, they were H2O products tailored to the cruise line. My wife was floored by them and bought some in the gift shop to take home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any news on what is in the suites? I love bvlgari bath products and really hope they still have them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope they don't change the Bvlgari products. I just checked Celebrity's website and they are still listed as a suite amenity. :)

I understand, I was just curious, because of the packaging, my love for their products, and the lack of decent toiletries on any of my cruises. Just trying to figure which formula are in the tubes using their site as a guideline. Didn't mean to bring this off topic or anything. It's refreshing to see this and the other products mentioned being offered.

sammee - I understand your curiosity! :D Out of my own curiosity, after your mention of "formula", I decided to compare the shampoo Celebrity provides to the G & S shampoo product I have at home. Here goes:

Celebrity Shampoo Ingregients: (by Gilchrist & Soames)

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Limonene, Linalool

Shampoo ordered direct from G & S for home use:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sunflowerseedamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Glycine Soja Seed Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinitera Seed Extract, Silybum Marianum Extract, Panthenol, Citric Acid

I have no idea what half of this "stuff" is!! :eek:

Wish I could compare to the old lemongrass Celebrity product - Hydro-Minerale Aquatic Spa Therapy Collection - but they didn't list the ingredients on them.

G&A just started a big push with brand awareness and sending product samples with monthly beauty subscription boxes. In 3 of the 5 I subscribe to, I have recieved 3 different product line kits. They are all different from one another and in my opinion, just ok.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just got off the Solstice May 16th. the suites still have Bvlgari.

Any news on what is in the suites? I love bvlgari bath products and really hope they still have them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does concierge class come with upgraded toiletries or the same as "standard" cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cruises in April on the Constellation were in a Concierge Class cabin and the Gilchrist & Soames products were what I had in the cabin.

sammee - I understand your curiosity! :D Out of my own curiosity, after your mention of "formula", I decided to compare the shampoo Celebrity provides to the G & S shampoo product I have at home. Here goes:

Celebrity Shampoo Ingregients: (by Gilchrist & Soames)

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Glycerin, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Limonene, Linalool

Shampoo ordered direct from G & S for home use:

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sunflowerseedamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Gluconate, Aspalathus Linearis Extract, Glycine Soja Seed Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinitera Seed Extract, Silybum Marianum Extract, Panthenol, Citric Acid

I have no idea what half of this "stuff" is!! :eek:

Wish I could compare to the old lemongrass Celebrity product - Hydro-Minerale Aquatic Spa Therapy Collection - but they didn't list the ingredients on them.

LOL, I just looked at the ingredients on mine, I have a long list likes yours too. Cruiseline has less to it. I can see a lot of the them are plant extracts. The coca ingredients are from coconut oil, Limonene has something to do with oranges and Linalool is some sort of flower or spice. Hey as long as our hair don't turn green, lol.

Are these the plainish white tubes you are referring to?

GilchristampSoames_zps1ccbc39d.jpg

They are the Gilchrist & Soames product currently being supplied.

They're the ones - we had them on Silhouette earlier in the year but the stuff that came out of them didn't bear any resemblance to the Gilchrist and Soames products we had on RC Serenade last week which were as per the attached picture.

IMG_4173.jpg.1d59ba4cf9290462e24d90f1ca9deb84.jpg

They're the ones - we had them on Silhouette earlier in the year but the stuff that came out of them didn't bear any resemblance to the Gilchrist and Soames products we had on RC Serenade last week which were as per the attached picture.

We got the white ones on Solstice Apr 28 sailing about 2/3 way through the sailing.

The G&S products you received on Serenade are like what we have received in English hotels. I guess there are many different levels of their products.

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this old thread to ask:

Are the shampoo and conditioners good for all hair types? Especially the color-treated

type? 🙇 I've booked a sky suite if that matters. 🚢

Thanks..Debbie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Resurrecting this old thread to ask:

Are the shampoo and conditioners good for all hair types? Especially the color-treated

type? I've booked a sky suite if that matters.

Thanks..Debbie

It doesn't say anything on the tubes, so I am not sure how anyone would know unless they have been on a cruise running several weeks. I personally found them to feel very nice - much nicer that what they had before. My hair felt softer and more silky than using the older products. Whether they are really appropriate for color treated hair? Didn't notice any more fading than my at-home shampoo, but my trip was only a week. I am a do-it-yourself hair dye person - if I paid big bucks to get my hair colored I suspect I would bring my own stuff just in case:)

It doesn't say anything on the tubes, so I am not sure how anyone would know unless they have been on a cruise running several weeks. I personally found them to feel very nice - much nicer that what they had before. My hair felt softer and more silky than using the older products. Whether they are really appropriate for color treated hair? Didn't notice any more fading than my at-home shampoo, but my trip was only a week. I am a do-it-yourself hair dye person - if I paid big bucks to get my hair colored I suspect I would bring my own stuff just in case:)

Thanks Phoenix!!