New toiletries...Gilchrist & Soames

WestLakeGirl

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Celebrity hasn't had the lip balms in aquaclass for a while now. We've done two aquaclass bookings since Dec. and they were not included among the bath amenities. Also gone are the facial mist and foot spray. Our attendant said they were part of the cutbacks.

We received both of those earlier this month on Equinox. They were in our cabin on the first day like they had been on past cruises.

Not that it really matters, but I was just thinking...

...am I the only one who does not care about the complimentary brands of toiletries while on a cruise?:rolleyes:

No, you're not alone. Except for my own shampoo & conditioner I use what ever is there. My DH doesn't care as long as there they keep replenishing it. :rolleyes:

Mary Lou

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Celebrity hasn't had the lip balms in aquaclass for a while now. We've done two aquaclass bookings since Dec. and they were not included among the bath amenities. Also gone are the facial mist and foot spray. Our attendant said they were part of the cutbacks.

We received lip balm, facial mist & foot spray just 4 weeks ago on Silhouette!

• 3 months later...

I love the G&S. Had no idea it hit the cruiselines. I discovered them at Wentworth Mansion in Charleston a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. I order from G&S online. They post their discount specials on facebook. Last time I went to Charleston I bought the room sized bottles and I just refill them for my trips.

Although I bring my own keritin product I am glad the lemongrass is gone..reminded me of insect repellent! I liked the stuff they had before that much better, so maybe the new products will be an improvement over lemongrass.

They have a small selection of hair care products in the liquor store, hit or miss..and if you if ask maybe u coud buy something in the hair salon. Many ports and airports have places where you can buy most anything.,

Edited by hcat

I too hope they continue the Bvlguri products in the Suites. I use them at them, and enjoy the shower gel.

Karyn, you can have mine. The shower gel fragrance is too strong for me and I can't imagine a man using it. It smells like something my grandma would have used. LOL

The fragrance from the G&S moisturizer was so strong I called guest relations (Reflection) and they sent up the Bulgari as a replacement. Adding fragrance does not affect any toiletries effectiveness. When will they figure out many of us have issues with so much fragrance in products.

Also a fan of Gilchrist and Soames. We've had them on our last few RC cruises and, although I always bring my own products if they're available I used G&C instead. I can't speak for the lotions but the shampoo and, particularly the conditioner, are really good and I would consider buying them at home, I like them so much.

Last time we were on Celebrity they had some nasty stuff in a plainish white tube - looked very 'downmarket' and not nice at all.

Edited by Bobal

Also a fan of Gilchrist and Soames. We've had them on our last few RC cruises and, although I always bring my own products if they're available I used G&C instead. I can't speak for the lotions but the shampoo and, particularly the conditioner, are really good and I would consider buying them at home, I like them so much.

Last time we were on Celebrity they had some nasty stuff in a plainish white tube - looked very 'downmarket' and not nice at all.

Are these the plainish white tubes you are referring to?

GilchristampSoames_zps1ccbc39d.jpg

They are the Gilchrist & Soames product currently being supplied.

On the Infinity in April and asked the room steward he said only the suites

are getting the new toiletries. That is unless it has changed in the month and a half. I hope not I like the lemongrass.

Are these the plainish white tubes you are referring to?

GilchristampSoames_zps1ccbc39d.jpg

They are the Gilchrist & Soames product currently being supplied.

That is really strange, they usually pass off the travel size products for motels, miniatures of what they sell in full size. Can't find anything on their website, matching this.

On the Infinity in April and asked the room steward he said only the suites

are getting the new toiletries. That is unless it has changed in the month and a half. I hope not I like the lemongrass.

We had the white tube stuff last month on Equinox. I like it more than the lemon grass. We did receive lemon grass body wash as well as the new body wash. No other lemongrass products were supplied.

That is really strange, they usually pass off the travel size products for motels, miniatures of what they sell in full size. Can't find anything on their website, matching this.

These are the tubes of shampoo and conditioner that we were given on the Constellation last month - and it was a Concierge Class cabin. Also had skin cream in the same tubes.

(Hope you weren't thinking that these are sold on the Gilchrist & Soames website! Thought we were talking about what is supplied in the staterooms on board the ship!)

Edited by gimletgal

I like the former products in AQ better. And Aqua class should have upgraded products, I suspect everyone gets these.

The lip gloss, especially the original was amazing. I have hoarded all of them from each sailing.