Suite Amenites on Princess questions.

Nightowl11

I asked these questions in another post but it was #94. I figured it got lost so I thought I would start it as a new thread instead.

I just read about some of the suite amenities on the Princess site and have a few questions:

Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres. Where is the lounge located on the Star and what hours are they open?

Nightly delivery of deluxe canapés (upon request) What are the choices available?

Enhanced turndown service with six decadent chocolate dipped strawberries or wrapped chocolates presented on a silver tray Is this available daily or just on Formal nights?

Priority reservations for the Chef’s Table,^ the Ultimate Ship Tour,^ and the Princess Cays Bungalows^. What happens if you Embark later so you can't sign up before others and the slots are all filled up? Do they bump others that are not in suites? And would a teenager enjoy this Ultimate Ship tour? Or do the teenagers get their own tour of the ship and backstage through Remix? I know my daughter would love to learn about the theaters and the technical backstage stuff. She is studying to be a lighting technician for stage. And my son loves cooking.

Use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite, a communal relaxation center^‡Being that there are 4 in my family and the suite only holds 3, I had to book the room next to the suite too. One adult in each room with one child. Of course the kids don't want to use the thermal suite, so is Princess accommodating since our booking is linked? Meaning, can the 2 adults use the thermal suite without an extra charge. If not, how can I make this work? I dont want to go by myself, that is no fun. Should we have both adults in the suite with the kids in the next room? I read on another thread that people have had their kids, ages 17 and 13, in a separate room and Princess was okay with it. Mine are 16 and 13.

Thank you.

With regards to the thermal suite, I believe it has to be the people booked in the suite. The same is true for the special breakfast in Sabatinis. Only the registered guests can attend, so whomever is registered in the other room will not.

Also, just to confirm, you booked a full suite? These amenities are not available for mini-suites.

Only the people booked in suite are allowed to use it. They will scan your card and your picture will pop up. Not sure if kids are allowed to use it. If I recall - they are not.

The nightly canapés have been the same ever since I can remember - not very good. Same ones they serve at the Captain Circle party and every other party on the ship. After every cruise I make the suggestion that they change them. They get sickening after 7 days but when you are on a month long on, you stop ordering them. One is bacon wrapped bread stick but it is soggy by the time you get around to eating it.

The turn down service isn't anything special. They give you two little chocolates. Have never gotten them on a silver tray even in the Grand suite. The six chocolate strawberries come on formal nights. You can order the chocolate covered strawberries for your nightly canapés.

Elite /suite lounge - we have never gone - not sure why but either forget about it but are usually having drinks with friends and don't want to bother with it.

The priority reservations - this does work. I feel bad but I know we got picked for the Chef's table even when more then 12 signed up. So they do bump others. We have gotten in every time we tried. Same for the Ship's tour.

I'm not sure if the kids would enjoy the tour - not even sure if there is an age limit. Remember - those robes are heavy - two are but you would need a separate suitcase for 4. I don't believe there is a kids tour.

The ultimate ship tour is done by lottery...you are notified the day before (if I recall) if you are excepted. Suites get priority but they are unlikely to take all 4 of you. We traveled in one suite and our daughters in another but only the adults were chosen. On our tour, over half the ticket holders were from suites so it is definitely an advantage.

They are pretty strict about who gets suite amenities...you have to be booked in the suite to qualify. Linking the bookings won't matter. So if you and your husband split rooms, only those on the manifest for a suite get the amenities, even if you change cabins on board. If your kids share cabin, they won't be able to eat breakfast with you in Sabatinis. You could always join them in the MDR but breakfast is the BEST suite perk Princess offers.

Edited by hehny

Only the people booked in suite are allowed to use it. They will scan your card and your picture will pop up. Not sure if kids are allowed to use it. If I recall - they are not.

The nightly canapés have been the same ever since I can remember - not very good. Same ones they serve at the Captain Circle party and every other party on the ship. After every cruise I make the suggestion that they change them. They get sickening after 7 days but when you are on a month long on, you stop ordering them. One is bacon wrapped bread stick but it is soggy by the time you get around to eating it.

The turn down service isn't anything special. They give you two little chocolates. Have never gotten them on a silver tray even in the Grand suite. The six chocolate strawberries come on formal nights. You can order the chocolate covered strawberries for your nightly canapés.

Elite /suite lounge - we have never gone - not sure why but either forget about it but are usually having drinks with friends and don't want to bother with it.

The priority reservations - this does work. I feel bad but I know we got picked for the Chef's table even when more then 12 signed up. So they do bump others. We have gotten in every time we tried. Same for the Ship's tour.

I'm not sure if the kids would enjoy the tour - not even sure if there is an age limit. Remember - those robes are heavy - two are but you would need a separate suitcase for 4. I don't believe there is a kids tour.

This isn't true for everyone. We were not picked when we were in a PH on the Ruby. In fact, we got our rejection letter the day after we boarded.....:(:(:(

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

The spa checks the name and cabin number to see if it's a suite and so those not in the suite won't get entry. The breakfast at Sabitini is also checked via computer and those who are not in a suite will be denied entry. As for the elite happy hour if you choose to go just show one card for two adults and they will allow you in. You pay a reduced price for drinks so it's not like you're getting comped.

Last year, when DH and i were booked in a suite, I subbed in my DD. I let them know the day before that DH would not be present, and they said, "no problem, we do it all the time." We were on the Sapphire. It really seemed like more of a numbers game to me, rather than a who's who.

I would guess that the reverse could be just as true, and if you visit the restaurant on embarkation day and explain your situation, they most likely will understand.

I cannot say the same thing for the Spa, as when DD and I were on Emerald, again in a suite, they scrutinized her card very closely and really looked at the computer screen as well. Yes, they did let her in, but I would think that there would be not substitutions there.

This isn't true for everyone. We were not picked when we were in a PH on the Ruby. In fact, we got our rejection letter the day after we boarded.....:(:(:(

Bob

Same experience here, TWICE! We were actually told that priority didn't

really exist, we were onboard with the very first passengers so don't count

on that perk!