Ruby Princess Sanctuary

EAGLESLOVER

If you are on the Ruby now, or just disembarked please confirm the present price of the sanctuary.

There have been several posts of speculation due to priced on Royal and other ships. Will be onboard the Ruby very soon and would like current pricing.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

If you are on the Ruby now, or just disembarked please confirm the present price of the sanctuary.

There have been several posts of speculation due to priced on Royal and other ships. Will be onboard the Ruby very soon and would like current pricing.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Three weeks ago (Feb 1 thru 10) it was still $20/day, $10/half day.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

I just got off the Ruby on Monday. I booked the sanctuary for the 4 day cruise. It was. $30/day or. $120. They said if I booked per day it was $40!! Yes prices have gone up. The menu is more limited and they add $3 serv chg. but they added an afternoon tea, something I don't recall on a prior cruise. Since this cruise was packed and we had 3 sea days , the sanctuary was booked. People told me they were in line 90 mins early.

I was disappointed in the noise level in the area from some overgrown men trying to race against the lap machine. Their screaming and cheering was annoying.

They said if I booked per day it was $40!! Yes prices have gone up. The menu is more limited and they add $3 serv chg. but they added an afternoon tea, something I don't recall on a prior cruise. Since this cruise was packed and we had 3 sea days , the sanctuary was booked. People told me they were in line 90 mins early.

Yep! When I first inquired upon boarding, I was told $20 for a half day and $40 for a full day. I assumed that charge included lunch, but when I was told I would have to pay a service fee to have it delivered, I was put off by it. And yes, it booked FAST!

Wow, timing is everything. It looks like the price changed after our B2B. That was the first time we used the Sanctuary because we're usually on port intensive cruises. My husband loved it so much he said we should always do it on Caribbean cruises - but we'll have to think twice about it at the new price. I think the $3 food delivery fee (per order, not per person) has been in place for some time -- I know that I was anticipating it from reading reviews on cruise critic. The Chicken Caesar Salad wrap was delicious!

I'm surprised. The Sanctuary looked way underutilized on our b2b cruises in December. I hardly saw anyone there other than staff--and we spent a lot of afternoons in the spa pool area. I'll see again in two and a half weeks.

Thanks for the price update. And now DW and I have to put on our thinking caps and decide if the Sanctuary is worth $720 on an upcoming 12 day TA crossing. A tough decision when you consider there are plenty of free loungers on the ship. We have generally found that on repo cruises the lounger demand is nowhere as bad as experienced on the shorter Caribbean cruises. The longer cruises tend to attract and older crowd...many of whom have no interest is the sun.

Hank

Thanks for the information.

Not what I wanted to hear but not unexpected.

Our 5 day is sold out so I was hoping to be able to book so as to avoid the chair hogs. We have a large OBC and I would like to use it for the sanctuary not the gift shop.

I read on another thread that certain things such as Crown Grill reservations have some set aside for those in suites. Does anyone know if this is true for the Sanctuary??

Again thanks for your responses . CC is the best source of accurate information.

Sharon

I always travel in a suite and have been unable to get the reservations I wanted on two occasions. That being said on the first night all suite passengers get a free dinner in one of the speciality restaurants so maybe that is what you are hearing about. Just a thought.

Thanks for the price update. And now DW and I have to put on our thinking caps and decide if the Sanctuary is worth $720 on an upcoming 12 day TA crossing. A tough decision when you consider there are plenty of free loungers on the ship. We have generally found that on repo cruises the lounger demand is nowhere as bad as experienced on the shorter Caribbean cruises. The longer cruises tend to attract and older crowd...many of whom have no interest is the sun.

Hank

We had no trouble finding loungers on our 2010 TA.

Your assessment of the demographics is very accurate.

I always travel in a suite and have been unable to get the reservations I wanted on two occasions. That being said on the first night all suite passengers get a free dinner in one of the speciality restaurants so maybe that is what you are hearing about. Just a thought.

Sorry to hear that. Oh well.

I have been advised that suite passengers on the Ruby 5 day do not get the free dinner. The fine print says it is given on cruises 6 days and longer.

I understand from these boards that some ships are giving it on shorter cruises but that the Ruby is not.