Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

could someone tell me if there is a dress code? and what time does it open?

thanks

It may depend on ship and sail date.

Michael's is being converted to a concierge/suite/Z lounge.

The generally accepted dress code is the same as the rest of the ship.

However "dress code" is interpreted differently by many.

I was just on reflection 2/15-22.... Opens at 5, and everyone dressed as would be for dining room.

Our pre dinner destination every evening! Loved it, pretty quiet most of cruise till others discovered it on last evening!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

could someone tell me if there is a dress code? and what time does it open?

thanks

Hi, just so you know, Michael's is restricted now to only Suite passengers

and Zenith Members of the Capt's Club.

On our recent cruise on the Constellation, Michaels club was definitely open to all-- and after 10pm it was a BLAST- thanks to the hilarious Derek Lewis. His "Adult Day Care" was packed every night, and we all had great times singing along. Dress code was smart casual.

Michael's Club on the Reflection (TA April 2013) was deserted every time we walked by- no entertainment, and a very bored bartender-- what a terrible waste of a beautiful room. IMO

• 2 weeks later...

I've read on forums that Michael's Club will be converting to a certain class of guest. As of today 3/11/14 does anyone know if Michael's Club on Reflection has been converted to Suite passengers and Zenith Members of the Capt's Club only?

Hi, just so you know, Michael's is restricted now to only Suite passengers

and Zenith Members of the Capt's Club.

Do you know if it's completely restricted or just during the cocktail hours?

I was on Century last month and there was notice stand in front of the

doors to Michael's all the time~said something like "Private Function" and

unless you were a suite passenger and/or Zenith members? You were

not allowed inside.....all the time. Daytime into evening and when I looked

through the glass it was most often empty...or a few folks but not many.

I was on Century last month and there was notice stand in front of the

doors to Michael's all the time~said something like "Private Function" and

unless you were a suite passenger and/or Zenith members? You were

not allowed inside.....all the time. Daytime into evening and when I looked

through the glass it was most often empty...or a few folks but not many.

I seems ridiculous to take Michael's away from the rest of the cruisers. NCL who has the most amazing suite complexes of any cruise line, did not retrofit ships to create these private spaces, rather they built ships intending on dominating the suite market with their Haven experience. Simply converting Michael's is not going to do the trick.......

I am all for Celebrity building their new ships with this added venue for suite passengers and Zenith members, but to take away the quiet Michael's club is not the greatest idea in my opinion. And the bottom line is that the venue is not the most sought after venue to begin with, so do the suites and Zeniths really even want it that bad?

And I am someone that probably will make it to Zenith, not tomorrow, but based upon my age and the amount of cruises I take a year, I will be there in about 15 years..... give or take.

Edited by cherylroslyn

Micheal's club on the infinity a couple of weeks ago was private until 7PM....in fact they used it as a public music venue for some after dinner music for all.

As reported, it was always empty during the day. I understand what they are trying to do....but the current plan has taken a space that wasn't used (Michael's club) and changed it into a space that no one uses. I am not sure that's exactly positive progress :)

I just got back from the Summit and I would say that Michael's was reserved for Elite or private functions about 70% of the time I tried to go. We did manage to make it in three times total and it was one of our favorite spots.

It certainly felt a little bait-and-switchy to me since it is prominently advertised on the site without any notices about limited availability.

I seems ridiculous to take Michael's away from the rest of the cruisers.

I also thought it was a waste to convert this venue. I was on the Century in December and Michael's was busy for group meetings (connections party, other group meetings) and every evening it was full with piano entertainment (Jordan Peterson).

In February, after the conversion, Michael's sat pretty much empty all day and all night. At most I'd see 5-10 people in there. Our connections party was moved to the 2nd sea day and limited to only 30 minutes because they didn't have enough venues on board. Jordan Peterson was moved to Cova Cafe. Previously, they had entertainment at both Cova and Michaels, so in essence they dropped one entertainment option.

I understand that suite passengers are where Celebrity gets the largest profit, but penalizing 95+% of the passengers doesn't seem wise...

I've read on forums that Michael's Club will be converting to a certain class of guest. As of today 3/11/14 does anyone know if Michael's Club on Reflection has been converted to Suite passengers and Zenith Members of the Capt's Club only?

We came back 10 days ago from Reflection, MC was open for everybody.

As reported, it was always empty during the day. I understand what they are trying to do....but the current plan has taken a space that wasn't used (Michael's club) and changed it into a space that no one uses. I am not sure that's exactly positive progress :)

If you are a "marketing expert" working for Celebrity, it means you've done your job... PERFECTLY. ;) :o :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

Can anyone give an update who has recently been on Reflection as to whether or not it's still open to all? Someone said it was being converted on (or around) 3/11. I really hope this isn't the case. We leave on 3/22 and were really looking forward to spending time there.

I just got back from the Summit and I would say that Michael's was reserved for Elite or private functions about 70% of the time I tried to go. We did manage to make it in three times total and it was one of our favorite spots.

It certainly felt a little bait-and-switchy to me since it is prominently advertised on the site without any notices about limited availability.

Had the same feeling as you. It was closed during the day and then from 5-7 available for Elites only. All the best beer in on the ship hidden away. We only managed to get there once. Beer is best consumed before dinner.

Nice venue but if they want to restrict it maybe they could move all those yummy beers to a different venue.

Taken from here but it says not until April 2015

http://www.celebritycruises.com/aboutceleb/tabLanding.do?pagename=footer_pages_about_celebrity#footer_pages_about_celebrity_press_room_tab/aboutceleb/pressRoomDetails.do%3Fevent_date=2014-02-12&event_type=press_release&sequence_code=A&pageNumber=2

VIP lounge - A private VIP lounge, Michael's Club, will be available to guests staying in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection suites. A dedicated Concierge service and unique food and beverage experiences by Celebrity's James Beard-featured chef will be provided to guests.

We were on Silhouette 2/9 and spent a lot of time in Michael's Club, which was always pretty empty, even during the advertised 7pm beer tasting. We dressed formal, since it was formal night, but there was a couple nearby wearing shorts and t's who actually asked if we minded if they stayed given their casual dress.

Of course we said yes, enjoy! Found it to be such a lovely room. Cellar Masters was also empty all the time, so I guess it makes sense to combine the two. I just like the idea of a dedicated beer bar, since we're beer drinkers. Would be sad to see it go altogether...

On Infinity. It is sometimes reserved intill 8:30 and they do not change the signs which say 7. When reserved. There is usually no more then 5 people in there and after 7 or 8:30. Still empty as most people believes it is a private lounge all times. To have Carlsberg you have to be suites or zenith