Celebrity Call Center - Long Hold Times (Several Threads Merged)

lthouseprincess

Modern Luxury?

I have been holding for more than an hour to adjust a reservation detail that cannot be done via the internet.

Anyone else have a problem with their customer (lack of) service?

It seems they only answer the phone for new bookings.

No they don't answer that line promptly either.

Then last Monday (February 24), I called at 7:30 a.m. CST and got an immediate pick-up. The hours on their recording says 8:00 a.m. to whatever. So I decided I would try at 7:30 just in case the hours they said on their recording were EST. Plan B was to start hitting re-dial at 7:55 a.m. if I got the recording they weren't "open" yet, and Plan C was the old "baby sit the speaker phone" for however long it took. I was shocked when I got an immediate pick-up.

I have some housekeeping issues to take care of but, like others, figured I'd wait until 1-2-3 promotion ran out. Silly me. They now have Pick your Perks which hasn't alleviated the problem I guess.

Problems over at Royal, too, since they have 3rd/4th passenger in cabin free promotion going.

Tucker in Texas

I personally have had no problem reaching Celebrity over the past 2 weeks. I did however try to call Air Canada a number of times in the past 3 days only to receive a message stating that due to high call volume my wait time would be 1 hr and 40 mins :eek:

I wonder if this is a sign of the Apocalypse?

We have also had a longer than usual wait time this week, but I must say that when an agent took our calls, each one was professional, courteous and extremely patient and helpful. We have not cruised Celebrity since 2008, and there have been a great deal of changes since then. We booked directly with Celebrity, used their Choice Air (great price for one way), and changed our stateroom after our original booking. Each question and issue we had was handled with a sincere desire to make this cruise truly memorable. We are so looking forward to our Celebrity Silhouette TA in April.

Joanmarie

• 2 weeks later...

Reading about all these "wait times" is why I love having a CVP at Celebrity. If I have a question, I either call and leave him a message or send him an email. I have responses almost immediately. And yes, they have been extremely busy!

Reading about all these "wait times" is why I love having a CVP at Celebrity. If I have a question, I either call and leave him a message or send him an email. I have responses almost immediately. And yes, they have been extremely busy!

Agreed. Have enjoyed the same prompt service from our CVP.

hmm I called Friday afternoon and the wait time was less than 10 minutes. The customer service agent who helped me was wonderful, including researching any answers he didn't know and answering all my questions that call. I was very pleased and had a very different experience apparently, I hope others' experiences get better as mine was. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Around noon yesterday I waited 13 minutes. The agent Stewart who answered the call was extremely pleasant and was an excellent customer service representative.

As someone who's been on the other side of the phone lines, it's really nice to see that even though they are extremely busy, once you get through, they are not rushing you off to get to the next call.

It certainly would not make it acceptable, but it wouldn't be quite so bad if they were able to respond to emails in a timely fashion. I've yet to see evidence that they respond at all. :(

I'm still amazed and saddened that a company with such a good on ship product can be so utterly inept at delivering pre and post cruise service.

I've been hold for almost 40 minutes. I'm trying to take advantage of the Tuesday sale to upgrade my existing reservation.

Will they honor the Tuesday offer if they don't answer by midnight eastern time?

If you read the fine print of the offer, Tuesday deals are for new bookings only. I don't believe they will honor sale prices on an existing reservation, but I guess you could ask if you want to stay on hold.

I copied this from the bottom of the email I received...

Exciting Deals Terms and Conditions:

* Exciting Deals are valid for NEW bookings only made April 1-2, and are not combinable with any other offer