Was oh so close to coming back to Princess

LuckyZ

My DW and I have sailed 3 times on Princess in the 90's but have gone Carnival 8 times since 2001.

We were going to take another Princess cruise this year to change it up a little but my wife received a letter for a free cabin from Carnival to be taken by June (only pay the taxes and port fees).

I think it was a random selection. It was too good to pass up. We booked an 8 day out of Port Canaveral in June.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

My DW and I have sailed 3 times on Princess in the 90's but have gone Carnival 8 times since 2001.

We were going to take another Princess cruise this year to change it up a little but my wife received a letter for a free cabin from Carnival to be taken by June (only pay the taxes and port fees).

I think it was a random selection. It was too good to pass up. We booked an 8 day out of Port Canaveral in June.

Congrats! :) Sorry that you won't be on Princess.. Maybe the next time will be the charm! ;) Remember, Relax and Enjoy!@!:rolleyes:

Over the last couple months CCL has been offering free cruises to some passengers who have not sailed recently or have a current booked cruise with them. Look on the CCL board and you will see several people who have received this offer.

Edited by SHayesShip
spelling

This is not an upgrade! This is for a free cruise! And yes, I received the same offer, we just disliked our last cruise on Carnival so much we passed on the offer.

It was hard to pass up. Recent Carnival cruises have been so-so, but the last one was nice as we were in the new Breeze. What a great ship.

Thanks for everyone's best wishes. I'm certain we'll be back to Princess soon

It was hard to pass up. Recent Carnival cruises have been so-so, but the last one was nice as we were in the new Breeze. What a great ship.

Thanks for everyone's best wishes. I'm certain we'll be back to Princess soon

did you have any choice in which cruise the offer was making?

Both wife and I got letters but it will take more than that for me to go back. And the cabins aren't free. They are really cheap of you live in Florida. But driving down or flying and the others small charges add up. I like my cruises relaxing with good eats and entertainment.

did you have any choice in which cruise the offer was making?

You could choose any cruise as long as you booked by March 3rd and completed the cruise before June. For 2 people, we paid about $300 for taxes and port fees for an inside. There was an $80 premium for an ocean view.

I've never heard of being offered a cruise for free. (Well almost free) and just out of the blue. Does this happen on a regular basis to some people?

Princess was offering your full booking price on a cruise as a future cruise credit which I accepted. As I explained it to my wife you get the 1st cruise for free so how can you pass it up when the down side is you have to take a 2nd cruise to use the credit.

Princess was offering your full booking price on a cruise as a future cruise credit which I accepted. As I explained it to my wife you get the 1st cruise for free so how can you pass it up when the down side is you have to take a 2nd cruise to use the credit.

I never saw that offer before. We have had upgrades but never a deal like that.

Exactly :D Many thousands of us took advantage of the free cruises that Princess was offering last fall (hope they do it again!!) The difference between the Princess offer and the Carnival one is that Princess offered 100% of the cruise price back in the form of a FCC to ALL passengers on the sailings and Carnival is offering theirs to apparently a "random" subset of passengers. Princess thereby created goodwill and Carnival has instead created angst among the millions of people (such as me ;) ) who have NOT received the offer.

We took advantage of the Princess offer on the Golden in November and are using the FCC for an almost free cruise on the Crown this April.

I would pass plus the Princess offer was a much better deal, especially if you live in Florida or near a port.:)

OP if it were me, I would not cancel my current Princess cruise that I have booked to go on Carnival.

My solution would be to go on Princess and take the Carnival cruise. :D

........and buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock and get your shareholder benefit OBC every time you take any of the CCL's ships.