What are the perks for a Junior Suite?

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

We are taking our first JS cruise in May. Besides the much larger room (1.5 times a normal balcony on Freedom) and double points, Royal lists these on their website. None of them have an *, so I assume they all apply to JS....

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Priority tender tickets on select cruises.

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

Mattel® board games available to order for in-room entertainment for the kids

Complimentary luggage valet service

Luxury spa bathrobes for use onboard

Complimentary pressing service on formal night

We are taking our first JS cruise in May. Besides the much larger room (1.5 times a normal balcony on Freedom) and double points, Royal lists these on their website. None of them have an *, so I assume they all apply to JS....

Priority check-in

Personalized attention throughout the cruise with complimentary Concierge Club service on select ships

Reserved prime seating in the main theater for entertainment shows, where available

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

That's for a full suite which the junior suites is not. You get double points, coffee pot and tea kettle most times. Don't know about priority boarding since we only started using junior suites after we went platinum. But I think our set sail pass had suite on it.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Priority check-in

In the list above, the JS only gets priority check-in. All other perks are for Grand Suites or better.

Edited by clarea

Priority check-in

No, unfortunately most of these are only for GS and above, you should get bathrobes and priority check in but that's about it apart from the double C&A points and bigger room. I agree Royal's website is not always very clear.

Priority check-in

The asterisk was for the entire list on that page that you are reading. The Junior Suite only comes with:

• Dedicated suite attendant catering to guests' special requests
  • Tea and coffee service ensuite
  • Bathrobes (for use onboard)
  • Bathroom amenities

In addition to the walk-in closet and bath tub on some ships and the double C&A points previously mentioned.

In the list above, the JS only gets priority check-in. All other perks are for Grand Suites or better.

Sure hope that poster didn't book the JS thinking they would get all those perks or someone is going to be really disappointed.

Enhanced program for Suite Guests

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Note the following:

Enhanced Program for Suite Guests Staying in the following suites*:

Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite

Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

Priority check-in

Hi had the same idea but checked with RCI prior to booking and was told we only get the lesser perks. I have copied the list from the booking page and there are no * so think RCI are on a sticky wicket with misleading the customers. The following copied from web page.

SUITE STATEROOM FEATURES

The most spacious and luxurious of all our suites, these include extra touches such as

private balconies and a personalised concierge service.

VIP Treatment such as VIP pool deck seating, limited reserved seats for shows in the main theatre, and private breakfast and lunch seating in speciality restaurants.

Complimentary Amenities including Ghirardelli chocolates at turndown, luxury spa bathrobes and slippers for onboard use, and Mattel® board games for in-room entertainment.

Private balcony, and much more

I think they should have ended with much less.

I agree...a JS is a lovely way to cruise, without paying the "suite" price for those real "suite" perks.

Quite agree nice way to cruise, but should RCI leave themselves open to prosecution through misleading customers. I have pasted the link of the booking page, hope it opens ok; but leave it to you all. Is it misleading? if so then anyone booking a JS should be contacting a solicitor, believe me it only takes a letter. (just click on the suit section when the page opens)

https://booking.royalcaribbean.co.uk/selectItinerary.htm;jsessionid=155665DA07143AA146BD4BB45EF85BD9?iternaryCode=07Q016&iternaryListIndex=209763

Edited by Two 2 Tango

Don't get too excited about "priority boarding". Every cruise we've been on all the lines have been pretty much the same.;)

"Priority Boarding" is for boarding not check in. Suite guests get to board the ship right after the handicap people and before everyone else.

The asterisk was for the entire list on that page that you are reading. The Junior Suite only comes with:

• Dedicated suite attendant catering to guests' special requests
  • Tea and coffee service ensuite
  • Bathrobes (for use onboard)
  • Bathroom amenities

In addition to the walk-in closet and bath tub on some ships and the double C&A points previously mentioned.

Above In Red was ADDED to JS?

Don't get too excited about "priority boarding". Every cruise we've been on all the lines have been pretty much the same.;)

Brings to mind a funny memory.

Our first JS was for our Second Alaska cruise. We were married in Juneau on the Radiance. Sooooo excited , we were actually up at 2 am and watched her arrive from our Holiday Inn room in Seward.

I wanted the FULL Junior Suite experience on arrival day and oh boy did we arrive. We were the first.

I guess I got my priority boarding. ALL 14 checkin places were empty, no one else in the building, I was the first guest to step foot on the ship, wedding dress in hand so it would not wrinkle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dajbman22 View Post

Dedicated suite attendant catering to guests' special requests

Tea and coffee service ensuite

Bathrobes (for use onboard)

Bathroom amenities

Above In Red was ADDED to JS?

And, just what is considered special above and beyond what the typical attendant can provide I wonder? :confused: We have out 1st JS in a few weeks.