Blu Breakfast opinions?

JEDIKNIGHT

With the changes to Captain's Club do they now offer complimentary specialty coffee for Elites and Plus?

We enjoyed our breakfasts in Blu and then would go to the Elite breakfast for a Americano and the wife would have a a Cafe Mocha afterwards.

I assume that would no longer be necessary with the changes.

Just a heads up and it is the most stupid rule ever, whilst lattes and cappuccinos are free of charge to Elite plus, americanos are not. I tried to ask for an expresso and hot water on the side (expresso is also free) and was advised in several venues on Silhouette that they could not do it. I did discuss with officers the folly of charging me for a product that is cheaper to make than latte etc they agreed but advised they had to work within the rules set by Miami

Absolutely love Blu breakfasts, but on our last cruise on the Connie in January, Muesli prepared tableside was not on the menu any longer.

Diane

It was served the one time we tried Blu in Jan/Feb on the Eclipse. Very strange that it is not the same on every ship.

Since I eat mostly protein for breakfast and try to stay away from carbs and sugar, I did not eat any museli, 2 parfaits, no pancakes, or French Toast in BLU...NEVER have smoothies because of the sugar!

If eating sugar, it will be chocolate!

....Barb

I hope that's dark chocolate, between 70-80% cocoa. Milk chocolate contains,...well, milk fat and usually too much sugar. Dark chocolate is a great MUFA! :D

Would like it if Blu had waffles but otherwise we love it for brkfst and dinner......we enjoy some lunches at BIstro and do one brkfst at buffet for waffles....

we also stop in to elite bkfast for special coffee after blu.....but with drink package I think dh can get what he likes in Blu

I like breakfast in Blu, but, really, what can you do with breakfast foods? And that muesli cart is a joke. I do like the poached eggs, they've been perfectly done on every ship, but, again I say, what's the big deal with breakfast :)

I like breakfast in Blu, but, really, what can you do with breakfast foods? And that muesli cart is a joke. I do like the poached eggs, they've been perfectly done on every ship, but, again I say, what's the big deal with breakfast :)

There is a lot that can be done with breakfast. Real eggs, instead of egg substitute, the amount of sugar used in fruit compote and smoothies, types of flour used in pancakes, fresh juice, instead of juice from a concentrate, etc. Also the portion size can be reduced and more healthy options can be offered while minimizing and eliminating the less healthy ones.

As one poster stated above with their choices, what choices you make is huge in deciding how healthy your breakfast is. Reducing or eliminating sugar, salt, potatoes, and bread alone can go a long way to having a healthy/clean breakfast.

Ok enough of that, so what about Blu? IMHO the menu moves in a good direction to give healthier/clean options to those who want them and still having the salty, tasty bacon that I love! Having smoothies as an option is great as well. These smoothies are not the huge ones offered at Jamba Juice, but are smaller in portion and simply prepared.

As already stated the environment is key as well. Blu is very quiet compare to some of the breakfast places I have visited and many here have said that it is quieter that the MDR.

Ok, now I'm hungry and it's breakfast time.

Enjoy Blu!

Hi:).....well, breakfast is a big deal to some of us. What can you

do with breakfast? As previously posted, you can do alot with it and

some of us love that particular meal:D.....to be honest with you, I

absolutely love breakfast for dinner:)........

Different strokes for different folks:p

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In about 15 minutes, I will have spinach with Smart Balance buttery spread, Parmesan cheese, covered with two fried eggs, and salsa. Also,green tea and skim milk.

Edited by jackdiamond

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In about 15 minutes, I will have spinach with Smart Balance buttery spread, Parmesan cheese, covered with two fried eggs, and salsa. Also,green tea and skim milk.

Additionally, V-8 juice. This breakfast constitutes seven good points; and, as I am sure you are all aware five to nine good points is suggested for the maintenance of good health.

There is a lot that can be done with breakfast. Real eggs, instead of egg substitute, the amount of sugar used in fruit compote and smoothies, types of flour used in pancakes, fresh juice, instead of juice from a concentrate, etc. Also the portion size can be reduced and more healthy options can be offered while minimizing and eliminating the less healthy ones.

As one poster stated above with their choices, what choices you make is huge in deciding how healthy your breakfast is. Reducing or eliminating sugar, salt, potatoes, and bread alone can go a long way to having a healthy/clean breakfast.

Ok enough of that, so what about Blu? IMHO the menu moves in a good direction to give healthier/clean options to those who want them and still having the salty, tasty bacon that I love! Having smoothies as an option is great as well. These smoothies are not the huge ones offered at Jamba Juice, but are smaller in portion and simply prepared.

As already stated the environment is key as well. Blu is very quiet compare to some of the breakfast places I have visited and many here have said that it is quieter that the MDR.

Ok, now I'm hungry and it's breakfast time.

Enjoy Blu!

Good for you, but I'm not impressed. You're taking all the joy out of eating. Eggs are still eggs, bacon is still bacon, and there's only so much that can be done with them on a breakfast menu.