Question about B2B Procedures

Chazteach1

We will be on Equinox in late June and early July, b2b the Barcelona day. Staying in the same cabin, but wondering what the procedures are if we disembark to do a tour? What will we need to bring off the ship with us? I realize we need to get a 2nd leg sea pass, but what else?

Not sure if it is the same in Europe, but we received a 'transit' pass in San Juan. Skipped the customs lines and left just like a port day. When you return, ask where to go. You will skip the check in lines and go to someone who will hand you your new sea pass. Do not go with the masses in their lines.

Could someone please share the experience of B2B procedure in European ports? We did B2B once - and it was a Caribbean cruise. The port was Fort Lauderdale. And honestly, it was a waste of our day. Celebrity brought the group of B2B guests (probably 15-20 people) to the terminal. Kept us there for over 3 (!!!) hours without any information. Then they started boarding new guests and an hour later B2B guest were allowed to go back to ship. Really bad experience.

Actually, it is a little different. We did a b2b in February on the Century. There was a large group of us. We all got letters the day before telling us to show up at a certain spot on the ship at 10am. They led us off the ship and passed customs where we showed them the form they had provided to us the night before to fill out. Then we walked to a sitting area where we sat until they came with our new sea pass cards and called our names 1 by 1 until everybody had their cards. Those that did not had to stay behind to figure out why. The rest of us were then led back onto the ship where they took our picture again and scanned our new cards into their system. At that time we were free to do as we pleased. It took about an hr in total. So depending on what excursion you want to do and the time, it might or might not be possible. In summary, you are processed as a group, all b2bs together.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Thank you everyone for info. Hoping to get in a tour in Barcelona before re-boarding. Will as on ship for more info if we do end up with current tour planned, if we could bypass the group thing.

Thanks again for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app - My next cruise - Equinox - B2B 6/2014

We did a B2B2B, all at Barcelona a few years ago and it was easy peasy! You got you new seapass card the night before...and that was it! You could either get off and tour, or stay on and have the ship to yourself. This was on RCI, but I must say all 3 disembarkations were the most efficient I have seen. The whole ship was cleared by 9:15 every time. There will be loads of taxis about, but of course leaving passengers will be trying to get them to go to the airport etc. However, there is the blue port bus which will take you to the bottom of Las Ramblas by Columbus' statue. Its something like €3 single, €5 return. You get the bus outside your terminal.

Simon

We did a B2B2B, all at Barcelona a few years ago and it was easy peasy! You got you new seapass card the night before...and that was it! You could either get off and tour, or stay on and have the ship to yourself. This was on RCI, but I must say all 3 disembarkations were the most efficient I have seen. The whole ship was cleared by 9:15 every time. There will be loads of taxis about, but of course leaving passengers will be trying to get them to go to the airport etc. However, there is the blue port bus which will take you to the bottom of Las Ramblas by Columbus' statue. Its something like €3 single, €5 return. You get the bus outside your terminal.

Simon

Thanks for the information.

That would be great if we could get it the night before. We are only in Barcelona the day of disembarkation/embarkation and want to make the most of our time there. I hear there is a lot to do right around the port area too.

I don't know about Celebrity but RCL had a meeting the day before with all the B2B cruisers and we were asked if we were planning on getting off the ship. If so, they had all those passengers attend a separate meeting from ours. We didn't see any of them on the morning of disembarkation.

We were not given our new Sea Pass cards until the morning when we all met to march off the ship together, go through customs and re-board. The others were given theirs the day before.

I really think it depends upon the ship and port.