If you don't mind being squished this is a fantastic promotion!

dln929

Well you know what they say about the family that plays together, stays together. :D Azamara might have been thinking of exactly that with this new promotion. Take a look at this. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/bring-two-guests-free

Third and fourth guests free! If you had a cozy group which liked cozy quarters (and no snorers or barring that, heavy sleepers ;)), could travel on short notice and were interested in the itineraries available, and you all liked each other very much, then this is a deal made in heaven. I was a bit suspicious of the prices so I checked in my 2014 catalog to see what the original prices were. Celebrity's prices typically rise precipitously when they're offering the 123Go! or similar promos so I wanted to see if Azamara did the same and whaddya know, they don't, except for normal market variations. Four random veranda prices here chosen from the eligible sailings. Opening price $3349/current price $3649 (27 July sailing); $3399/same current price (10 July sailing); $5199/$5499 (3 June sailing) and $3299/$3399 (28 June sailing). Not bad! If I were weren't already booked for the Journey in May and September I'd be calling my sister and her daughter and my own daughter and the four of us would be going on a girls' cruise in no time flat. The current $1000 choices promo is included, too. Way to go Azamara. I'm impressed. I hope someone can take advantage of this!

4 women sharing a bathroom! Yikes. Where do you put 2 extra people in those tiny cabins Deirdre!!

That's why I gave out random veranda prices, so you could stick one or two people out on the deck every night. J/K :D

I was going to add that the sports room on the upper deck has free (and spacious) showers. You'd have to draw straws to see who had en suite and who had communal showers! And you'd have to all be really, really good friends for this promo to work. Or else....(good thing the drinks are free)

ok..this is a ridiculous promo for Azamara.. most of this 3rd and 4th pax promos are targeted for families..

This is definitely RCCL marketing bleeding over to this brand...

CC

Awww, curiouscat, don't be such a sourpuss. Can't you see the humor Azamara is showing us with this promotion? Why, you and your mother could be Poster Children for it and get the ball rolling. Don't you each have a sister and/or girlfriend you could stuff in your cabin with you? C'mon now. Azamara's treat. They'd go for free. Do it for the Azamara forum! :D

Awww, curiouscat, don't be such a sourpuss. Can't you see the humor Azamara is showing us with this promotion? Why, you and your mother could be Poster Children for it and get the ball rolling. Don't you each have a sister and/or girlfriend you could stuff in your cabin with you? C'mon now. Azamara's treat. They'd go for free. Do it for the Azamara forum! :D

LOL... listen even my mom and I could kill each other in those bathrooms. She is miss "diva" from NY..:p

The funny thing is early in the '80's I took my first cruise on a royal Caribbean ship with 4 of us in an inside cabin. !!!:eek: How I ever wanted to take another cruise after that is a wonder ! I guess I was young and crazy!

CC

LOL... listen even my mom and I could kill each other in those bathrooms. She is miss "diva" from NY..:p

The funny thing is early in the '80's I took my first cruise on a royal Caribbean ship with 4 of us in an inside cabin. !!!:eek: How I ever wanted to take another cruise after that is a wonder ! I guess I was young and crazy!

CC

The only way my daughter and I survived our Mother-Daughter cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas was that I was usually waking up around the same time she was stumbling in! Well not exactly as bad as that but one morning she did get in early (late?) enough to deliver freshly baked danish pastries. Good thing we were on a ship together and I knew I didn't have to worry about her getting up to too much wildness. We're bringing this same daughter with us on the Journey but this time around she gets her own cabin. She didn't cotton onto this current promotion too much....:D

CC

We used to stay in the "smaller" cabins in the "old days" and thought they were great....now I'm thinking either the cabins are getting smaller or we're getting larger....

It's obivious the person who came up with this idea hasn't stayed in a balcony.

I thought that some of the ocean view and veranda cabins had sofa beds? And yes, in any way shape or form it's a squish. No matter how you look at it. I think this was Azamara's jump start on the April Fools joke. :p

I looked at the promo for the heck of it....not my cup of tea for sure. But, what I don't understand is the free shore excursions...I just read this on FB and not sure if I'm eligible, even though I booked earlier with another promo, but after reading this I may be?????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ONSHORE. On Us. OFFER NOW OVER

If you've already booked an eligible voyage, you must select your Land Discoveries® at least 90 days prior to departure to qualify for your FREE shore excursions.

I like Azamara. The cabins are small and the showers are tiny. I cannot understand how anyone would want to have 3 or 4 people in a cabin. If they do, I hope they are very good friends or very close relatives. As for me, a sure way to end a good friendship is putting 4 women in an Azamara cabin. I doubt that whoever thought up this promotion had ever experienced 4 in a cabin. I have sailed with 3 family members in a cabin on Royal and Celebrity. Even then, we always opted for a larger cabin than you get on Azamara. My days of roughing it are over. My kids are grown. When I take them and their kids on a cruise, it is never Azamara. It just is not for kids. If anything, Azamara may lose bookings of those people who think that it may be too crowded. Overall, this is not well thought out promotion.

I like Azamara. The cabins are small and the showers are tiny. I cannot understand how anyone would want to have 3 or 4 people in a cabin. If they do, I hope they are very good friends or very close relatives. As for me, a sure way to end a good friendship is putting 4 women in an Azamara cabin. I doubt that whoever thought up this promotion had ever experienced 4 in a cabin. I have sailed with 3 family members in a cabin on Royal and Celebrity. Even then, we always opted for a larger cabin than you get on Azamara. My days of roughing it are over. My kids are grown. When I take them and their kids on a cruise, it is never Azamara. It just is not for kids. If anything, Azamara may lose bookings of those people who think that it may be too crowded. Overall, this is not well thought out promotion.
It's only an issue for those looking to make it an issue--and apparently we have more than our fair share of them here. Firstly, there's nothing in the advertising aimed at kids, so that is simply a red herring for someone looking for a reason to whine. Our June 3 Journey cruise is on the list. Does anyone think someone is going to pull a kid out of school for two weeks on June 2 to take him or her to the D-Day beaches? Get a grip, folks.

Secondly, the staterooms are marginally smaller than on most cruise lines where people often put three or four in a stateroom. Azamara is not going after the Regent or Seabourn crowd with this promotion. They are trying to fill ships on a small number of select cruises.

Then, of course, there was the whine that after Azamara, at long last, responded to customer requests that they sail to Australia, complained that Azamara has a ship that is going to sail in Australia. I suppose the good side of this is that the glass-half-empty folks have gone out of their way to identify themselves here.

Deirdre got it right when she wrote "this is a fantastic promotion."

Edited by marinaro44

Deirdre got it right when she wrote "this is a fantastic promotion."

You forgot the other side of the sentence! "if you don't mind being squished." :D:D

Kind of apropos but our daughter (who is 25, a young adult) is with us on the Journey. When I texted her asking if she'd like to come with us, the first response was not "YES!!!" but "Do I get my own cabin?" So much for my theory of a girls' cruise...even my own sweet girl doesn't want to share with her mama. ;)

Yes, this is a fantastic promotion.

And, according to Webster's Dictionary, here is the meaning of fantastic:

a : based on fantasy : not real

b : conceived or seemingly conceived by unrestrained fancy

c : so extreme as to challenge belief : unbelievable; broadly

Yes indeed, this is a fantastic promotion!;)

For anyone looking for a good promo, the book an inside get a balcony appears to be coming back on April 1. I'd prefer that go cramming 4 in a cabin :)

My TA said that is the best Azamara promo he's seen(although not as good as our first last minute cruise we booked)...maybe I should look at 2015 cruises now...although I really don't like booking that far ahead. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :confused: :confused:

I really wonder if the current promo is going to increase bookings.

Edited by midwestchick

For anyone looking for a good promo, the book an inside get a balcony appears to be coming back on April 1. I'd prefer that go cramming 4 in a cabin :)

That's good, although I doubt I can fit another cruise in next year! Might be tempted if they throw in the $1000 choice air credit again!

That's good, although I doubt I can fit another cruise in next year! Might be tempted if they throw in the $1000 choice air credit again!

Greedy :)

I tried to find an itinerary close to what we have booked on Oceania, but no dice :(

My TA said that is the best Azamara promo he's seen(although not as good as our first last minute cruise we booked)...maybe I should look at 2015 cruises now...although I really don't like booking that far ahead. Decisions, decisions, decisions. :confused: :confused:

I really wonder if the current promo is going to increase bookings.

Yup agreed .. now that's a promo..:D

I guess I should look so I can w/ hubby this time

CC