Just off Carnival Sunshine- The Good and The Not so Good

Does the outdoor theater have those plastic rocking chairs on the deck? We were on the

Glory last year and they had them. Thanks!

I didn't see any rocking chairs. :confused:

Nice balanced mini tr. how early did u line up for comedy club show. Seems to be wildly popular but not able to handle the crowds. Don't want to miss out

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got there after the line had already gone in and sat, but still like 15 minutes early I think. We got the last table by the door where you couldn't see except on the tv. Probably best to be lined up before the previous show lets out.

I was wondering what MsMot means by "Your joking right?"

Maybe the "can't think of anything else" part after a pretty comprehensive review?

In my opinion she is trying to post a snotty reply because she's sitting behind a computer and feels like that is appropriate.

Um, what? What were you supposed to eat the salsa with?

It's right by the burrito bar, so I guess it's to go with your burrito. I would have liked some chips! Or I would want the salsa in my burrito.

Can you please tell me what the height restrictions were at the top of the slides that were different? I have my petite 6 year old who is dying to do Waterworks. She is at least 43' but I want to make sure I am prepared to prepare like a Mamma has to sometimes! LOL!

I think my son is hovering right around 40 so she should be good to go! My boyfriend took him up there, and I'm not sure what the actual measurement was.

Thanks so much for the report. I am really curious about your Dune Buggy excursion in Cozumel. Is this something you booked through the ship or a private tour company? Would you share which one? The whole day sounds right up our alley, the Dune Buggys and the dolphins. Love it!

Thanks so much for the report. I am really curious about your Dune Buggy excursion in Cozumel. Is this something you booked through the ship or a private tour company? Would you share which one? The whole day sounds right up our alley, the Dune Buggys and the dolphins. Love it!

We did that whole day on our own. The dune buggy was rented from a place right across the street when you walk out of the port. I rented mopeds from them last year. That was actually the plan this year, but when we got over there my dad saw the dune buggy and wanted it. It's literally across the street. We were going to get 4 mopeds at $35 a day. Instead we got the dune buggy for like $125 for the day with insurance. Boyfriend owns a limo company and insisted on insurance. I think it was under $100 without insurance. They take cash or credit. I actually used my debit card to pay. They keep the drivers license of the drivers. We could have paid them $20 to fill the tank up when we returned, but we went to the gas station a few doors down and filled it up with $8.

We had enough time to take the route where you go all the way around the island. It was beautiful and a really fun ride! I highly recommend it. The dune buggy was a stick shift.

So, did they give you a map of the route so that you knew where to go?

Did you return the Dune Buggy and then cab over to the dolphins or did you take the dune buggy over to the dolphins and return in after?

Thanks so much

Robin

So, did they give you a map of the route so that you knew where to go?

Did you return the Dune Buggy and then cab over to the dolphins or did you take the dune buggy over to the dolphins and return in after?

Thanks so much

Robin

They give you a map. I really wish I would have kept it! It has a path outline in red maybe that says moped I think? I'm sorry I'm not more clear. Anyhow, the path takes you down the busy main street by the port, then you turn and cut across the island. You get to the other side of the island and take the back way around the coast to Chankanab. Had we just gone straight from the port to Chankanab it would have been like a 15 minute drive. This took an extra hour, but it was a nice drive.

We took the buggy to Chankanab and parked it. Then after the dolphins, took it back to town, gassed up, and returned it.

There are two seats in front and a bench in back. We had two adults and a 4 year old in the back. There are only two seatbelts in back, but my son and I shared one. The seatbelts were just a plastic attachment like a child's toy, so it's not like they were that great.

• 8 months later...

Spa staterooms rock! We had balcony room 11035. Nobody to our right, nobody below, nobody above. Very private balcony. Right next to Serenity. Access to the thermal suite was super awesome! We used the stone loungers daily. Beautiful view! We liked the aromatherapy steam room as well.

People would slam the door to serenity starting super early in the morning and you could hear it really bad in our room.

Thanks for your great review - we are on the Sunshine this coming March. We have the option to take the room you are describing instead of a connecting room. How noisy was your room because of the serenity area?

I have to LOL about the Alchemy bar point from the OP. I had the same experience with the Alchemy Bar on Liberty. As the nice bartender on Liberty told me, "wait for the push." I think it's an unwritten Alchemy Bar rule that you shouldn't reach out to take your drink until the bartender has pushed it towards you. But I can see why this might be since they do little tricks with most of the drinks after it's been built in the glass, from lighting fruit peels on fire and making "pixie dust" with a lit match and cinnamon powder.

• 1 year later...

Hi! Does anyone recall if 11035 had a sofa? The deckplan indicates that it has a pullman but I wonder if there is a sofa as well that just doesn't convert. We are three adults booked in that cabin and for certain want a sofa to sit on! Thanks in advance!

I have to LOL about the Alchemy bar point from the OP. I had the same experience with the Alchemy Bar on Liberty. As the nice bartender on Liberty told me, "wait for the push." I think it's an unwritten Alchemy Bar rule that you shouldn't reach out to take your drink until the bartender has pushed it towards you. But I can see why this might be since they do little tricks with most of the drinks after it's been built in the glass, from lighting fruit peels on fire and making "pixie dust" with a lit match and cinnamon powder.

Hmmmm.... I think it might be one bar that I miss.

A bartender that gives me a lecture is one that might get a drink accidentally spilled back... somehow, I don't know how? Regardless of the show (which I have never understood, give me a drink please) "griping" at me will not set well at all.

Edited by bobsfamily

Is there an age limit on the hot tubs? If not then the op wasn't doing anything but wrong. You may not agree with it but the ship creates the rules.

Usually ships have some "hot tubs" that are adult only and some that are not.

Hmmmm.... I think it might be one bar that I miss.

A bartender that gives me a lecture is one that might get a drink accidentally spilled back... somehow, I don't know how? Regardless of the show (which I have never understood, give me a drink please) "griping" at me will not set well at all.

Well now you know the secret. :)

Try it, you may like it and won't have to spill the drink you just paid for. :D