Update From Andy

Andy

So sorry to hear about your sister. I just returned from Eclipse and wish you the same sunshine and smooth sailing. If anyone has specific Eclipse questions, I'd be happy to respond though I won't bring your expertise.

Please take care of yourself

Dear Andy:

As with so many others, our prayers are with your sister for a strong and speedy recovery. Our best wishes go to you and your dear Mom as well as the rest of your family during a worrisome time. Please try to get as much rest as you can while on the ship.

It was a true pleasure to meet you and your lovely family on the Century in February, and we hope to see all of you on another ship soon.

Eileen.

Hi Everyone,

In case you are wondering why I'm not posting as much as usual, here's the scoop : My work schedule is incredibly busy right now (it's one of my busiest times of the year), and I'm working 18-20 hour days, and weekends too. Long work days are not unusal for me... but coupled with that, we received some very upsetting news last week. My Sister has a serious medical issue, and will be having major surgery in 2 weeks. We will not know the prognosis until after her surgery. Add it all up, and it's extremely difficult for me to post at my usual levels.

We plan to sail on Eclipse in less than 2 weeks. Unless things somehow improve, I probably will not be doing a "Live From" thread on this sailing, as I'm too tired (and stressing about my Sister) to commit to the time and effort it takes. However, I promise to post occasional updates while onboard. Of course, if My Sister's medical condition worsens, we'll probably cancel our cruise.... but my Sister, the ever loving & caring person that she is... *insisted* that we sail. So, that's the plan - but Mom & I are going with heavy & nervous hearts.

I'm confident things should return to normal by the time we return home from our cruise. Although I'm not posting as much, please be assured that I'm around, and checking all alerts sent by our wonderful community members.

Thank You for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

We will keep your sister and family in our prayers. We will hope your sister will make a complete recovery and be back on her feet very soon. We hope you are able to enjoy your cruise as much as possible at this time. All the best. Jim

Edited by Chicago Boy

A few years ago, I was in a similar situation. The family was going on a cruise to celebrate mom"s 85th birthday. A week before the cruise, mom fell and broke her hip. She had surgery. After the surgery, she said that she was sorry for ruining our vacation. She did not ruin it. WE went. Mom stayed behind in a rehab. We knew that she was in good hands. She was only sorry that she was unable to be with us.

Hi Andy -- Betsy wishes for your sister's recovery.

I know you need to wind down on the Eclipse -- but do you think you might stop by our roll call gathering just to say hello? It's a terrific group and I'm sure you have friends there. :)

Andy, oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's illness. Please know that you and your dear family are in Jack's and my thoughts and prayers. May your sister have a successful surgery, outcome, and prognosis and rest comfortably. You are so caring of your family making sure they are of your highest priority every day; your family is so fortunate to have you with your devotion and attention. We Cruise Critic members also are fortunate and appreciative recipients of your devotion and help on these boards. Your family needs you, and we need you too, so please take care of yourself, enjoy relaxing time on the cruise, and don't worry about spending much time updating us or hunting down answers to people's questions although updates on your sister's status and progress would certainly be appreciated.

Thanking of you and your family,

Kathy & Jack

I REALLY hope that things work out ok for you and your family in the end.

I know how it is to worry about family pre cruise, but as my sister lives in Canada, I just have to hope & pray that she's in good hands.

Enjoy Eclipse, we were on her just 1 year ago and I notice from your roll call, that some passengers are repeating the experience.:p

Andy, oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's illness. Please know that you and your dear family are in Jack's and my thoughts and prayers. May your sister have a successful surgery, outcome, and prognosis and rest comfortably. You are so caring of your family making sure they are of your highest priority every day; your family is so fortunate to have you with your devotion and attention. We Cruise Critic members also are fortunate and appreciative recipients of your devotion and help on these boards. Your family needs you, and we need you too, so please take care of yourself, enjoy relaxing time on the cruise, and don't worry about spending much time updating us or hunting down answers to people's questions although updates on your sister's status and progress would certainly be appreciated.

Thanking of you and your family,

Kathy & Jack

Hi Kathy & Jack,

Thank you for your very kind thoughts. Along with the many wonderful comments from our dear friends on this thread, it's always nice to be appreciated. Hope all is well, and we look forward to seeing you on a future Celebrity sailing.

Hi Andy -- Betsy wishes for your sister's recovery.

I know you need to wind down on the Eclipse -- but do you think you might stop by our roll call gathering just to say hello? It's a terrific group and I'm sure you have friends there. :)

Hi Cruzbuds,

I will be happy to stop by tonight !

Andy,

It was nice to hear that you and your family would be on our cruise in April. We hope all goes well for your dear sister and that you can enjoy your cruise. Look forward to seeing you on board.

Harold and Audrey

Hi Andy,

Bill and I was sad to hear of your sisters illness. We would like you to know we are thinking of her in the coming weeks and send out love to you and dear mum.

Hope we see you again this year on the Eclipse in November. It was so good to meet you last year and really enjoyed the fun we had with the Gift Exchange.

Take care, love

Brenda xx

Best wishes to your sister during her procedure. I do hope you get the downtime you need. You certainly are burning the candle at both ends with your work hours and family illness.

We can relate to wondering if we should board a ship or not on a cruise next week, my father died over the weekend and we had moved from your sailing to the equinox to give us more time in the mainland with him.

Our prayers are with you and your family Andy.

Best wishes to your sister during her procedure. I do hope you get the downtime you need. You certainly are burning the candle at both ends with your work hours and family illness.

We can relate to wondering if we should board a ship or not on a cruise next week, my father died over the weekend and we had moved from your sailing to the equinox to give us more time in the mainland with him.

Our prayers are with you and your family Andy.[/

Hi Sharie, I am so sorry for your loss:( You have my heartfelt condolences

hoping that you might still be able to sail with us.

Dana

Our prayers are with you and your family Andy.

Sharie, my heartfelt condolences go out to you:(....I know my Dad

passed 4 days before I was supposed to cruise back in 2011. Everyone

is different and there is no right or wrong but I just couldn't sail at

that point. It wasn't the thing for me to do.

Wishing you all the best and make whatever decision you feel is

best for you and your family.

(((((((here is a cyber hug)))))))))

Edited by Lois R

Dear Andy, I second all the good wishes and prayers. My husband and I have greatly benefitted from your posts. We cancelled a Celebrity cruise in December because my Mom passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly in late November. Just could not have gone and had any kind of a good time. Everyone has to do what is best for them personally. No judging.

We thank yo for your hard work and faithfulnees on this Board.

Praying for all of you,

Karen and Derek

Columbia, SC