I AM NOT a HAPPY PRINCESS CRUISER!!!!!

danielsumner

Sailing on the Royal Princess on Sunday. Went to print out boarding docs. BIG PROBLEM. My cabin has changed. I picked the bulkhead cabin for the larger balcony, I don’t want to be at the back of the ship. Had a little chat with my TA about my UNHAPPINESS. Princess changed us back to my first cabin. Now I am SomeWhat Happy.

Did you request no upgrade? If not, they will often move you to a better class of cabin (which is not always a better cabin). Your TA should have advised you of this,

And even if you mark no upgrade, its not a guarantee, you will just be one of the last to be moved if they need to reshuffle.

Sailing on the Royal Princess on Sunday. Went to print out boarding docs. BIG PROBLEM. My cabin has changed. I picked the bulkhead cabin for the larger balcony, I don’t want to be at the back of the ship. Had a little chat with my TA about my UNHAPPINESS. Princess changed us back to my first cabin. Now I am SomeWhat Happy.

I hope now that you can close your eyes, take a deep breath, relax, and continue packing.

Enjoy Royal Princess, and come back to let us know your thoughts and experiences.

:D

P.S. If you didn't know already, always make sure your reservation is marked 'No Upgrade' and check it often. ;)

Glad you got your cabin back.

Question? What is a bulkhead cabin? I know about a bulkhead seat on planes but never heard that term with a ship.

Don't understand why you are still upset with Princess. You did not say if you marked it no upgrade or not. If you didn't, then you should be upset with yourself or your TA. TA's should know to do that and have talked to you.

It is another story if you did indeed mark it no upgrade.

It's over with so go, relax and have a great cruise.

My reservation was marked no upgrade. I just about screamed when I noticed the change. I had already printed 5 luggage tags before I noticed it. All is now calm. Bulk head cabins = solid railing balconies at front of ship. Royal Princess cabins E101 to E110.

Okay that is an odd one because I don't think its a class change and they rarely move no-upgrades laterally...

Not sure what happened there.

My reservation was marked no upgrade. I just about screamed when I noticed the change. I had already printed 5 luggage tags before I noticed it. All is now calm. Bulk head cabins = solid railing balconies at front of ship. Royal Princess cabins E101 to E110.

OK

now I understand - yes, I would have been very upset also.

Try to forget it and finish packing and have a great time

They took your cabin but it was still available for you to get it back? You were really, really lucky!! So glad it had a happy ending.

We had one of those on the Ruby for our first Princess cruise. Hated it. The wife likes looking through the glass. Otherwise you are sitting in a box. Princess doesn't distinguish between see through and solid. Balconies have a railing. I'm real careful now. Glad yours worked out. We didn't know until we walked out there for the first time. That was a shock.

Kind of an interesting post and it just goes to show there are different priorities for different crusiers. The solid bulkhead balconies are generally not in great demand because one cannot see through the bulkhead :)

Hank

Your TA should have gotten an upgrade notice from Princess. Which will say you have 48 hours to accept or decline the upgrade. This happened to one of my clients and even though they had given their cabin away they had to move them and move my clients back to their preferred cabin.

So glad you got your desired cabin back. The last few cruises I've asked that our booking be marked "no upgrade." And because of some previous postings like yours (that someone asked for DNU" and still got moved), I would check My Princess every few days to make sure there wasn't a change.

But really, if you have booked a specific cabin and said you don't want to be moved, they shouldn't move you without directly asking you (and only move you if you say yes). Some of us ask for specific locations for a reason (me, it's midships for motiony cruises; others, they want to stay near family members; others want to be in the same locale as their dining room). If Princess is that desparate to want YOUR cabin, let them offer you some incentive and see if that's enough for you to accept it, just as in moveover offers.

But really' date=' if you have booked a specific cabin and said you don't want to be moved, they shouldn't move you without directly asking you (and only move you if you say yes).[/quote']I agree, but the policy is to notify the person if booked directly with Princess or the travel agent if booked through one of them with a 48-hour limit to decline the upgrade. I'm sure many of the upgrade notices that go through travel agents get overlooked or neglected.

I made sure to mark our Caribe Deck balcony cabin "no upgrade" before our cruise last week. I did not want to be moved to a cabin that Princess thinks is better even though we all know it's not.