I AM NOT a HAPPY PRINCESS CRUISER!!!!!

danielsumner

OP- you'll have a lovely time on the Royal (I did). Have a glass of wine and be happy - it all worked out - no worries. :)

Yes...it worked out in the end. You'll love the ship! Enjoy your cruise.

Guest USC Traveler

I agree so much with Ethel5.

Just be happy everything worked out in your favor and enjoy the cruise. At least you have a happy ending to your post! Think how fortunate you are.

Edited by USC Traveler

I AM NOT a HAPPY PRINCESS CRUISER!!!!!

Sailing on the Royal Princess on Sunday. Went to print out boarding docs. BIG PROBLEM. My cabin has changed. I picked the bulkhead cabin for the larger balcony, I don’t want to be at the back of the ship. Had a little chat with my TA about my UNHAPPINESS. Princess changed us back to my first cabin. Now I am SomeWhat Happy.

Yes this can happen even if you have your reservation mark no upgrades. This happened to us on our cruise that we just took this month that we booked last spring. We booked 3 cabins all on Caribe Deck of the Caribbean Princess, 2 were balconies and one an inside across the hall from one of the balconies. We choose the cabins we wanted and did not want any changed. On November 7th we received emails that all 3 had been "upgraded" the balconies on Aloha and the inside on Baja. These were now spread all over the ship and not the big balconies that we had planned to have. I was on the phone the next day with Princess and got the original cabins back. We booked directly with Princess so no middleman to delay our learning about the "upgrade". I have also learned that it is good to check VERY often to insure that nothing goes wrong.

Since you got your original cabins back all should be fine for you now. Just relax and enjoy your cruise.

You were very lucky to get your cabin back! I learned on these boards to have TA mark our booking "no upgrade" and also to check my cabin number frequently.

Now days marking it no upgrade does not seem to help like it use to. The best is to keep a very close eye on your booking information. If you book directly with Princess they seem be pretty good about getting an email out to you when they do it and advise if you do not want the upgrade to contact them within 48 hours and they will "try" to get your original cabin(s) back.

I have never had this problem before this last cruise when we got the notice of the unwanted upgrade, even with the bookings mark "no upgrade".

If you got what you want, why are you posting on here how unhappy you are?

Maybe as a warning to others that even when their reservation is marked no upgrades, they can and will move you:rolleyes:

Maybe as a warning to others that even when their reservation is marked no upgrades, they can and will move you:rolleyes:

Then a better title would have been more appropriate.:rolleyes:

You'll never know if it was your TA who didn't mark you "no upgrade". This is a classic example of why I don't give up control of my booking. I would be upset if I was moved from the cabin I carefully selected. Now that it's resolved enjoy your cruise.

Booking yourself is no guarantee Princess won't move you.

The best guarantee is what was noted in the post above, where the TA buys a block and controls it themselves (though Princess can still request them to trade rooms in their block.)

You'll never know if it was your TA who didn't mark you "no upgrade". This is a classic example of why I don't give up control of my booking. I would be upset if I was moved from the cabin I carefully selected. Now that it's resolved enjoy your cruise.

For whatever it is worth here is my experience. I did not know about the Princess upgrade feature a year ago - was booked on a mini suite on the Emerald - booked it directly myself on the Princess website. One day while I am on the computer I get an email from Princess stating that they had upgraded me. While they considered the move an upgrade I considered it a big downgrade (to noisy part of ship right in front of aft elevator bank). The email had no option to decline or accept and no 48 hour window. If there is a 48 hour window it was not mentioned in the email. I called Princess within 1 hour of the email and my original cabin had already been given away. Princess said that they would "TRY" to get my cabin back, no guarantee. I told them that I would cancel my sailing if I had to sail on the new cabin and that they should give the passengers the option to accept or decline (within 24 or 48 hrs) before they give away cabins. A day later I got a call back - they kicked out the new occupant of my original cabin and gave it back to me. All worked out OK for me in the end however it caused some consternation to me and probably to the temporary occupant. Would be much better if Princess followed my suggestion. I now know about calling Princess after I book on their website and requesting a no upgrade mark, and so far I have not had any problems.

Booking yourself is no guarantee Princess won't move you.

The best guarantee is what was noted in the post above, where the TA buys a block and controls it themselves (though Princess can still request them to trade rooms in their block.)

When TAs reserve a block of cabins for potential customers, they do not reserve specific cabins, just a specific number of cabins. When you then book with such a TA, you can select any available cabin on the ship (or a GTY if that is what you prefer).

When TAs reserve a block of cabins for potential customers, they do not reserve specific cabins, just a specific number of cabins. When you then book with such a TA, you can select any available cabin on the ship (or a GTY if that is what you prefer).

Great Info.... So Glad I booked with such a TA, But if I had booked with my Regular TA She would not of had such of reserved block of cabins for potential customers....

Since reading this thread I decided to be cautious anyway and told my TA to put a No Upgrade on my booking.... I spent days picking out my cabin and do not want to be moved....

IMHO the OP is just confirming that it does happen and made her not a happy Princess Cruiser period. In the end it did make her happy but caused undue stress..... it could have gone sideways.... I for one thank the OP for posting this info....

Great Info.... So Glad I booked with such a TA, But if I had booked with my Regular TA She would not of had such of reserved block of cabins for potential customers....

And it is by reserving (and booking sooner or later) a block of cabins, that the TA is able to offer extra onboared amenities and OBC.