Grandeur Damaged?

My son is on GoS, he said they can already see the Bay Bridge tunnel in VA so GoS is entering the bay and smooth sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello so can your son confirm this happened this week or was this from a cpl weeks ago thanks

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

So it was from the current sailing and not from a few weeks back correct?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Would love to hear from some people that were on the most recent cruise once they get home. We sail on the Grandeur 1 week from Saturday.

We are on the Grandeur NOW and waiting for our second half of our B2B to begin.

I just read all the speculation in this thread...interesting speculation.

Yes, we had rough seas.

Yes, we had some waves larger than others.

Yes, there is some damage to deck 10.

Yes, that is the canvas ceiling cover.

NO, that is NOT seaweed.

We spent that day both before and after the damage sitting in the Concierge Lounge, dining room, Diamond Lounge, etc. watching the beautiful rough sea. It was pretty much a normal rough day at sea for all of us both before and AFTER the OP's post's photo was taken.

We are expecting to sail on time this afternoon.

Yes, we had rough seas.

NO, that is NOT seaweed.

We spent that day both before and after the damage sitting in the Concierge Lounge, dining room, Diamond Lounge, etc. watching the beautiful rough sea. It was pretty much a normal rough day at sea for all of us both before and AFTER the OP's post's photo was taken.

Thanks for the updated information:)

Yes, we had rough seas.

NO, that is NOT seaweed.

AWESOME update, thank you!!!! If you are bored, feel free to share anything else about the first 1/2 of your B2B. Sailing on her on 4/19 and, since it snowed AGAIN yesterday I'll take anything at the moment.

Yes, we had rough seas.

NO, that is NOT seaweed.

we were in all the same venues, plus the Disney House of Horrors. AKA, our JS. We never cared that the balcony doors didn't lock, until Wednesday. They kept opening and slamming shut. However, they were on a different rhythm than our closet doors, mirrored doors, and dresser drawers. We were laughing so hard we couldn't get any good pictures.

We are driving home now and I can't seem to find a way to post a photo.

We were told they would do a major repair when the spend time in Bermuda.

Yes, we had rough seas.

NO, that is NOT seaweed.

Thanks for the update, Beachnative! Is Deck 10 in the area off limits? I'm assuming repairs are being made by the crew? Glad no one was injured!

2014-03-27171309.jpg

2014-03-27171035.jpg

Just got off the Grandeur and here are a couple pictures of the "crack" that we experienced on our cruise. The second picture is through a dirtier window.

Cruise was great and the Captain said the crack was just cosmetic. Had a great time even with all the "rockin' and rollin'.

Beachnative is right. We spent a lot of time in the same venues and all was good. :D

Gwen :)

As in not structural or related to the strength of the ship itself. But, yeah, that's more than just a "crack". I wonder how you fix that??

I wonder if anyone happened to be standing in the area when this cosmetic crack occured!:eek:

Must say, our 13th cruise was quite interesting! :) The excitement was short lived, but the rough seas continued on for many hours. Caught a glimpse of a piece of railing approximately 30 feet long whiz by the Centrum window and witnessed the split in deck 10...other than that, business as usual! :) Good cruise over all!

I wonder if anyone happened to be standing in the area when this cosmetic crack occured!:eek:

No one was allowed outside when this occurred.

Wow, that's a pretty big crack. Definitely the result of rough seas though wearing her down and not a rogue wave.

It wasn't a rogue wave, but I was in the Windjammer at the time and noticed that the wave we hit was a lot bigger than the rest and right after that, things started flying off tables and heard lots of things crashing to the floor. I heard later that 2 people fell in the Windjammer, which is quite possible, because it was very hard to walk to begin with, but did not personally see anyone fall.

Gwen :)

FROM EJAY80 thanks for the info on grandeur damage scheduled for may 2014. Started cruising 1970 Home lines oceanic & doric usually due three a year,tried azmara twice around the med.now staying away from flying and using balt, nj, ny ports