Looking for some recent info on the Summit

diane.in.ny

I know she was refurbished a couple of years ago. I understand she is old and showing her age a bit but as long as she is clean and the staff is helpful and friendly, I'm OK

Can anyone who has recently sailed on her give me some info?

Thanks!

I know she was refurbished a couple of years ago. I understand she is old and showing her age a bit but as long as she is clean and the staff is helpful and friendly, I'm OK

Thanks!

Diane, I sailed on the Summit before her refurbishment and she was showing her age but at no time was she ever dirty. As for the staff they were awesome. I asked the same question you asked on the roll call for our upcoming May cruise on the Summit and I was told she's in great shape. Celebrity tends to maintain their ships in my opinion..

You never asked a question what would you like to know?

J.

Thanks!

We were on the Summit in December, which was our third time. Yes, she's older, but she's still in great shape. A little wrinkle here and there, but overall very comfortable. As long as you're not looking into every nook and cranny for a little rust or expecting pristine carpets, then you will find her more than acceptable.

The staff and crew are outstanding! We always enjoy our cruises on Summit and sailing from San Juan. Don't hesitate to choose Summit for your cruise.

Thanks!

We were on Summit for a B2B in Jan/Feb 2014. The ship was in very good condition and the staff was great! You have nothing to worry about.

We just sailed Summit in February from San Juan. We thought the ship was in great shape and the staff were great. We stayed in an Aqua class cabin on the 11th deck. They were very nice as I believe they have been completely refurbished.

We liked her so much that we booked the other itinerary out of San Juan next year.

We sailed on the Summit last year. It was our first Celebrity cruise. She doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the newer ships have but I couldn't find anything wrong. Personally I find that the newer ships just pack on more passengers and add more pay for venues. I cancelled my cruise on the Royal Princess to sail on the Summit. There is something to be said about the older vessels. They are less crowded, tend to have larger balconies, better itineraries, and usually cost less than the newer ships that everyone wants to be the first to sail on. I'm looking to book my next cruise on the Summit because it's the only ship that does a true Southern Caribbean itinerary and also offers a 7 day Bermuda itinerary. We are platinum on Princess but I look forward to sailing on the Summit in the near future.

Thanks!

2 ongoing reviews, packed full of information, details, and pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987902&highlight=summit

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2008021

Both are well worth the time to read.

Edited by wallie5446

Thanks!

Judge for yourself. Here is our youtube video of the Summit from Oct 2013. It has LOTS of shots of the ship. I don't think you will be disappointed.

We are going on Summit next week for the fourth time in the past year. She is a wonderful ship with the best crew!! Like others have said before, you won't find the bells and whistles like an S class ship, but the Summit is wonderful!

Thanks!

We were on Summit last August. She is definitely showing her age in places - rust stains in our bathroom shower, a chipped bathroom mirror, some other "aging" issues - BUT the crew is fantastic and try really hard to keep everything clean. The signs of age we saw just couldn't be cleaned up.

It's definitely a smaller ship with a different vibe than Celebrity's S-class ships.

Hi, I also sailed her last August and had another fabulous time:)

It was my 6th time sailing SUMMIT....the cruise and Bermuda were

both wonderful:D

Hope you have a great cruise:)