Luggage concerns

Cruzer2014

You can take vitamins,non prescription meds any way you please. There is also no rule that says prescription meds must be in their original bottles. The ship doesn't care at all about that!

Some countries may require that if you are flying through them but most of Europe doesn't care about that either!

I have taken meds both ways through security in the USA and they also don't care UNLESS you have so much that it looks like you may be selling the pills.

We have never had a problem with vitamins and we pack them in zip-lock bags.

Prescriptions are a different story, you must have them in the bottles!!!:cool:

Prescriptions do not need to be in original bottles either.

We do it in carry on and not always in original bottle.

Our last trip DW took her prescription meds in a planner in her carry on. Also carried an extra set just in case we got held up some how...

No Worries.

while it might not be required, I would think it would be something that would be logical to take.

if something were to happen to you and the medic team on board or at a port needed to know what drugs you take and the doses for each, would the person you are with know everything (including to dose?)

if you become incapacitated for any reason and someone needed to know what you took or are taking, you should have it documented somewhere. Keeping them in the original bottle is the easiest but a list from the pharmacy or even a list that you draft up would be something I think would make sense.

You can take vitamins,non prescription meds any way you please. There is also no rule that says prescription meds must be in their original bottles. The ship doesn't care at all about that!

Some countries may require that if you are flying through them but most of Europe doesn't care about that either!

I have taken meds both ways through security in the USA and they also don't care UNLESS you have so much that it looks like you may be selling the pills.

Now we had a little difference experience traveling from BWI (Baltimore). I HAD to have my prescription medications in their original bottles, in a clear quart baggy and carried through with my carry-on. It states this on the TSA website and I called prior to going to BWI to make sure it was still correct. I had them with my CPAP and they did look them over. I also had a list of all the prescriptions on letterhead from my family doctor, signed by him. They DID NOT look at this.

DD never had a problem taking a controlled medication when flying. She had to take a 6 month supply at a time.

Read this carefully and you will see that you do not need to put meds in original containers as a matter of rule.

You may do it as a precaution but it is NOT required.

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/09/tsa-travel-tips-tuesday-traveling-with.html

Perhaps Maryland has special state laws regarding this?

Perhaps your meds were liquids which they wanted to check??

To the poster that stated they bring their meds in the "pil a day" 7 day container thingy. You may want to double up if those meds are something that you HAVE to take each day. My friend learned that the hard way on the Triumph. When we were stranded he ran out of his heart meds even though he brought a couple of extra. Luckily the ship's doctor had some on hand.

So you may re-think that and throw a week's worth of extra meds of anything that is critical.

DH always takes 2 weeks worth in his daily med boxes. We also take extra just in case. We've never taken the original prescription bottles with us. All meds are in our carryon and he carries a list of current meds and dosages in his wallet. Never had any problems.

while it might not be required, I would think it would be something that would be logical to take.

if something were to happen to you and the medic team on board or at a port needed to know what drugs you take and the doses for each, would the person you are with know everything (including to dose?)

if you become incapacitated for any reason and someone needed to know what you took or are taking, you should have it documented somewhere. Keeping them in the original bottle is the easiest but a list from the pharmacy or even a list that you draft up would be something I think would make sense.

I have never taken my meds in the original boottles, I would need a separate suitcase. I do, however, carry with me at ALL times a card that lists all my meds and the dosage. It is just a card, about the size of a business card, (got it from my doctor).

If we put vitamins in a weekly planner will you be allowed to carry it on your person or does that have to be checked. Its not in original bottles that's my concern.

We always carry my meds in daily zip-top bags that are sold at CVS. We've never been questioned in 15 cruises. We do pack them in our carry-ons.

I take a lot of meds some of which are critical to my survival. Yes, I bring the planner box but I also bring all the original bottles in a zip lock baggie. You never know if your cruise will be "extended!"

To the poster that stated they bring their meds in the "pil a day" 7 day container thingy. You may want to double up if those meds are something that you HAVE to take each day. My friend learned that the hard way on the Triumph. When we were stranded he ran out of his heart meds even though he brought a couple of extra. Luckily the ship's doctor had some on hand.

So you may re-think that and throw a week's worth of extra meds of anything that is critical.

I never said that by using the 7 day pill carrier that I only took 7 days worth, I always double up, I was just making the point that I use that instead of original prescription bottles.

I carry my prescription meds in a 7 day pill strip, no original bottle, in my shaving kit, in my checked luggage, never had an issue...

You've been lucky. What would you do if the airline lost your luggage and wasn't able to locate it before the start of your cruise?

Prescription medication should always be in your carry on bags.

You've been lucky. What would you do if the airline lost your luggage and wasn't able to locate it before the start of your cruise?

Prescription medication should always be in your carry on bags.

I drive to the ports, if I flew I would have them in my carry on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I usually use an empty bottle and put in a mix of whatever each of us takes daily for however long we're going. I always keep them in my carry on whether flying or driving to the port. The seven day thingy would actually be better and I may go to that for our next trip.