Is there a kids menu at specialty restaurants on Indy?

Since most (not all) specialty restaurants have a 13 and over policy, a kid's menu isn't really needed! And, I certainly wouldn't want to pay a $25-30 up charge for burger and fries!

Edited by cb at sea

Since most (not all) specialty restaurants have a 13 and over policy, a kid's menu isn't really needed! And, I certainly wouldn't want to pay a $25-30 up charge for burger and fries!

Sorry but that is incorrect. There is only 1 restaurant that has an age restriction and that is Chefs table. Children ARE welcome at anytime in all of the other specialty restaurants.

Thanks for the info....I didn't think there was a kids menu but i was hoping.

I will look at menu on ship and see if she will eat anything. I hate to waste 35 bucks on what she will eat but hey....then I will miss it also.

Unless she goes to kids club....hopefully she will make some friends so I can enjoy a nice meal.

Kerri

On Navigator we were making a reservation at Portofino and our 15yr old fussy daughter was with us. We were discussing if she was joining us and the restaurant manager asked her what she would like to eat. The upshot was the Manager organised Chicken noodle soup, steak from Chops and fries from Johnny Rockets. Her assistance was greatly appreciated.

Go along and explain the situation and see what they can do to assist.

On Navigator we were making a reservation at Portofino and our 15yr old fussy daughter was with us. We were discussing if she was joining us and the restaurant manager asked her what she would like to eat. The upshot was the Manager organised Chicken noodle soup, steak from Chops and fries from Johnny Rockets. Her assistance was greatly appreciated.

Go along and explain the situation and see what they can do to assist.

Wow thats fantastic!!!

Never hurts to ask:D

Kerri

Chops and Portofino usually require booking under 12's before 7pm, unless they have changed that policy.

Yes - that has been changed. From the RCI website:

Children with a parent or guardian are welcome in our specialty restaurants throughout serving hours. The only exceptions are Chef's Table which requires all guests to be 21 years of age or older, and 150 Central Park which requires families with children under 13 years of age to dine before 7 p.m. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Yes - that has been changed. From the RCI website:

Children with a parent or guardian are welcome in our specialty restaurants throughout serving hours. The only exceptions are Chef's Table which requires all guests to be 21 years of age or older, and 150 Central Park which requires families with children under 13 years of age to dine before 7 p.m. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability.

I guess they had to as the newer ships are so family-oriented.

Sorry but that is incorrect. There is only 1 restaurant that has an age restriction and that is Chefs table. Children ARE welcome at anytime in all of the other specialty restaurants.

Actually no that's not true either, 150 Central park also has an age restriction

For us, if our youngest (now 11) won't eat from the regular menu in the specialty restaurant, we'll make our reservations for 7:00, take him to the Windjammer and send him off to Adventure Ocean right at 7:00. You pay full fare for them in the specialties, so no point in a kids menu even if they had one. He'll usually go with us to Giovanni's and he tried Sabor last week since he likes Mexican, but no way am I dropping $35 at Chops for him to ask for a burger or chicken fingers.