Does the horns sound like the love boat theme

Ilovepj

I have heard them play the LOVE BOAT theme on both Royal and Regal. It is a lot of fun. Everyone gets so excited.

We always wait for it to be played on the Royal and Regal on sail away from ports. Almost everyone on the deck are cheering. An added bonus.

I thought it was just the Royal, Regal and Majestic that had the pipes to play it.

We sailed on the Royal in the spring and the captain played the theme about 8 times as we sailed out of Kotor, Montenegro. It was beautiful as the song echoed thru the fjords. People on sure pulled their cars to the side of the road and got out and cheered us.

Great shot!

With that many different horns, I wonder if they could play some other tunes as well, as might be appropriate for certain locales, etc.......

I imagine they could play anything using the existing notes (low to high = C, Eb, F, G, Ab, Bb ). No idea what the 7th horn plays - maybe that's reserved for the good old 7 blasts.

While it is cute, I really wish the horns were in tune... We smile until the off pitch note causes us to cringe. Its hard not to when you're a musician.

I imagine they could play anything using the existing notes (low to high = C, Eb, F, G, Ab, Bb ). No idea what the 7th horn plays - maybe that's reserved for the good old 7 blasts.

While it is cute, I really wish the horns were in tune... We smile until the off pitch note causes us to cringe. Its hard not to when you're a musician.

Thank You! People gush about the horns and it makes me feel like the only one who cringes.

I'm currently on the Royal just starting the second week of my cruise and haven't heard the Love Boat horns played at all yet. I've been out on the balcony or the pool deck for every sail away so far so I don't know what's up with them. I overheard a waiter mentioning to another couple that he understood that it was the cruise director's decision whether to play it or not. Having seen YouTube videos of the horn being played repeatedly at some ports I was worried that it could get annoying over a 2 week cruise, but it would be nice to hear it at least once

I thought it was just the Royal, Regal and Majestic that had the pipes to play it.

We sailed on the Royal in the spring and the captain played the theme about 8 times as we sailed out of Kotor, Montenegro. It was beautiful as the song echoed thru the fjords. People on sure pulled their cars to the side of the road and got out and cheered us.

You beat me to it. Leaving Kotor (we called at Kotor three times on our cruise in July) it was great listening to it echo off the mountains. As you say heaps of people came out to watch. Just made a beautiful port even better.

Several years ago we were on the Royal as it was leaving the harbor in south FL and behind us was the newest Disney ship. The Royal played their theme song and the Disney responded with their theme song much to the enjoyment of both ships and the people watching us leave on the jetty. This went on for three rounds as we were departing. All the new ships Royal, Regal and Majestic have the horns.

Happy to report that the Love Boat horns played out on RP as we left Santorini yesterday. Order is restored!

I read somewhere that some of the Disney ships are playing the Imperial March theme from Star Wars on the horns this year, and some of the MSC ships' horns play We Will Rock You by Queen.

I'm currently on the Royal just starting the second week of my cruise and haven't heard the Love Boat horns played at all yet. I've been out on the balcony or the pool deck for every sail away so far so I don't know what's up with them. I overheard a waiter mentioning to another couple that he understood that it was the cruise director's decision whether to play it or not. Having seen YouTube videos of the horn being played repeatedly at some ports I was worried that it could get annoying over a 2 week cruise, but it would be nice to hear it at least once