Live from Indy, it's ...... Noro!

sr5242

Announcement this am that several cases of noro on our ship

No more self serve in WJ

Chances are it's these kids running around unchecked eating straight off buffet, not washing hands, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No more self serve in WJ

Chances are it's these kids running around unchecked eating straight off buffet, not washing hands, etc

Sorry have to giggle here "doctor". That must be quite a task running around every bathroom to see if "these kids" are washing there hands....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

How is the food being served in the Windjammer??

By the way I was on Independence on the 4/6 sailing. The gold by the inch was taken away because too many people touch the chains......at least that's what the clerk told me.

Edited by Marie51

I'm on Indy, too. Please, it isn't just kiddos running around eating directly off the bar. Seen plenty of "more mature" pax eating straight from the bars.....

We've been lucky - none of my 8 have been sick, yet. And yes, we have 2 kiddos with us.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How is the food being served in the Windjammer??

By the way I was on Independence on the 4/6 sailing. The gold by the inch was taken away because too many people touch the chains......at least that's what the clerk told me.

Someone on-board now will probably confirm but they likely have staff members at the buffet stations serving the food.

I'm on Indy, too. Please, it isn't just kiddos running around eating directly off the bar. Seen plenty of "more mature" pax eating straight from the bars.....

We've been lucky - none of my 8 have been sick, yet. And yes, we have 2 kiddos with us.

Is this an 8 day cruise? I got off Oasis the day you left. I saw Liberty & Independence together(which surprised me seeing sister ships in the same port.) It looks like another person is leaving on the 20th, which would mean your cruise is either an 8 day cruise, or it's sitting over night, and leaving on the 20th for some reason.

Like!

No more self serve in WJ

:(:(

Is this an 8 day cruise? I got off Oasis the day you left. I saw Liberty & Independence together(which surprised me seeing sister ships in the same port.) It looks like another person is leaving on the 20th, which would mean your cruise is either an 8 day cruise, or it's sitting over night, and leaving on the 20th for some reason.

It's an 8 day cruise so it's due back on the 20th - we were on Indy 3/15 - love that ship!

It's an 8 day cruise so it's due back on the 20th - we were on Indy 3/15 - love that ship!

The Indy alternate between 6 & 8 day sailings. I am also on the April 20 sailing for 6 days. :D

Noro is everywhere. I came home early from work today.

Granddaughter got it at school. Then I was exposed and got it, big sister came Down yesterday and dad today. Spreading fast.

So far mom is ok. School said lots sick last week. It should stop now because this is spring break week for them and hopefully they can limit getting exposed.

It's not fun either.

Even worse on a ship in such a contained environment.

I hope they manage to contain it, and not too many people get ill. Noro is everywhere. I have had it before at home, and it was awful. Stayed home sick for two whole days, could not eat or drink anything. I do not want to imagine how it would be having that while on a moving ship. My prayers are with those going through this. :(

Kids these days, especially if they've been to daycare, are brainwashed into being clean freaks. My boys wash their hands way more than I did at that age and probably more than I do now (and I'm a doctor.)

In fact I sometimes wish they weren't so compulsive about it.

Kids these days, especially if they've been to daycare, are brainwashed into being clean freaks. My boys wash their hands way more than I did at that age and probably more than I do now (and I'm a doctor.)

In fact I sometimes wish they weren't so compulsive about it.

You bring up an interesting issue.....how much washing is enough?

I am far from compulsive and wash my hands when it seems appropriate -- after using the bathroom, before preparing food for my family (I am sure some people have resorted to using rubber gloves), when my hands have touched something that could have germs (leaves of plant, just a simple example or dirt in the backyard, as another).

As I said, I am far from compulsive......and haven't been sick in well over 10 years. Have some people just destroyed their immune system so much, that they get sick and get sick more often than many others.

Oh No, I also know people on Indy right now, and I'm also sailing on the 20th. Been looking forward to this cruise for over a year. Sure don't want to spend it sick. :eek:

Doesn't it seem like Noro is sticking around Late this year? It used to be more prevalent in Jan and Feb, maybe a bit into Mar. I've cruised a lot in April, and never had to worry about Noro before.

We were on the Indy in March...great ship!! There were just a few cases of noro while we were onboard. I myself wipe everything down with Clorox wipes in stateroom...light switches, phone, tv remote, etc. I don't leave home without them! After getting food in the café, I use the antibacterial hand wipes before eating. Unfortunately, you can't be too careful these days!

Hope those in your group remain healthy, as well as those of you cruising soon..enjoy!!