Question regarding buffet

nam1

Is it possible to take food out of the buffet back to cabin? We will have a balcony and would like to occasionally fix a plate and take back to our cabin to eat on our balcony instead of trying to find a table during the busy times. Doesn't seem like it would be much different than room service but with a lot better selection of food .

We've brought food from the buffet to our cabin several times each cruise. We like to head there after a day in port,usually mid-afternoonish, fix ourselves some nice salads with some cheeses on the side and enjoy on our deck while we relax! Much better selection and fresher seeming than room service. We throw a napkin overtop the food and have never had a problem taking to our room. Remember to grab utensils!

Cathy

Its done all the time. Especially at breakfast. We always seem to pass someone in the hallways who is taking food back to the cabin. Its better than room service as you can get exactly what you want and not have to worry about them getting it wrong or forgetting something. Of course if you forget something its another roundtrip for you:D

Edited by cruisingsince94
wording

Is it possible to take food out of the buffet back to cabin? We will have a balcony and would like to occasionally fix a plate and take back to our cabin to eat on our balcony instead of trying to find a table during the busy times. Doesn't seem like it would be much different than room service but with a lot better selection of food .
It used to be very easy to do, but has become a hassle since they removed the trays from the buffet.

Sometimes you can still find an occasional tray up there, but mostly it means saving a tray from room service to use for carrying back your food, beverages, flatware and napkins, plus bread or dessert.

Unless your cabin is close to the elevators, any hot food will no longer be hot by the time you get it back there as you don't have a cover for it when you get it from the buffet.

Definitely okay to take food back to your cabin from the buffet, we do it frequently. But as noted above, without trays, it's a little difficult. I generally put the silverware in my pockets, and put an inverted plate over the food (not a good idea to carry uncovered food in the elevators and passageways)...

Lots of people do this, I pass them in the halls and on the stairs all the time. But on a related note, please don't just put your used plates out in the hall. It makes it really hard for folks with walkers, canes, scooters, etc to navigate the hallways, and it's unappetizing to your neighbors walking by. And if anyone thinks that no one would do that, I can promise you they do, we've seen it on nearly every cruise.

Lots of people do this, I pass them in the halls and on the stairs all the time. But on a related note, please don't just put your used plates out in the hall. It makes it really hard for folks with walkers, canes, scooters, etc to navigate the hallways, and it's unappetizing to your neighbors walking by. And if anyone thinks that no one would do that, I can promise you they do, we've seen it on nearly every cruise.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D

For many years there were signs asking that food not be removed from the buffet. I honestly don't know if they are still there but there are plenty of good reasons for that request, especially if we're talking about a whole meal.

On my last cruise a few weeks ago I saw someone spill a whole plate of food on someone else in the elevator. There were also dirty plates left in the elevator and the hall. Not anything I've seen on Celebrity before.

It's not encouraged, but some people do.

Judging by the numbers of officers/staff grabbing food and taking it away when I used to nip up around 10 and 11pm there's not much discouraging going on.

For many years there were signs asking that food not be removed from the buffet. I honestly don't know if they are still there but there are plenty of good reasons for that request, especially if we're talking about a whole meal.

On my last cruise a few weeks ago I saw someone spill a whole plate of food on someone else in the elevator. There were also dirty plates left in the elevator and the hall. Not anything I've seen on Celebrity before.

If you say so.

Let me contribute to the chorus of "likes" for your post. On our last cruise, some jerk put their dirty room service tray right outside our cabin door! We were at the end of the hall, with no other room doors close to ours, so it was left there deliberately. I told our room steward that it was not ours. He took it away, and confirmed what I had always understood: on X, you just leave your dishes in the room, and they will be picked up, next time the room is serviced. So, thanks for reminding folks! :cool:

You can take food out unless you are in San Pedro. It is against the law to take food on a outside deck there. They actually watch the exit. They won't even allow you to take food to their cabin. The burger station on the pool deck would have to close as well . Shoreside restaurants are still allowed to serve food outside

Also, if you have no room in your cabin and are struggling around the tray call room service and they will comedown and pick it up.

There is absolutely no need to put the DISHES on the floor, it is disgusting. Anyone with any sort of upbringing would know not to put something you EAT OFF OF ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!

It is disgusting, it encourages bugs, and other pests!!!!

Do you put your dishes on the floor at home?????

Do people live in Frat houses??????

And like someone already pointed out, there are people with canes, scooters and wheel chairs!!! Also, some older people who are not steady on their feet in high waves!!!!!

And finally, in an emergency crew members are trained to fight fires. I have seen the drills where they are running equipment and hoses down the halls, I really don't want to sink because the fire crew fell and got injured on your dirty dishes.......keep the halls clear for emergencies.

You can take food out unless you are in San Pedro. It is against the law to take food on a outside deck there. They actually watch the exit. They won't even allow you to take food to their cabin. The burger station on the pool deck would have to close as well . Shoreside restaurants are still allowed to serve food outside

Since when? I've eaten numerous times outside in San Pedro.