Laundry

cp556

Our traveling companions called HAL and were told that the laundry uses hypoallergenic, unscented detergent on all items.

That was good news to me (one of those increasingly sensitive skin people) and I wanted to share.

Our traveling companions called HAL and were told that the laundry uses hypoallergenic, unscented detergent on all items.

That was good news to me (one of those increasingly sensitive skin people) and I wanted to share.

As well, the laundry never looses, shrinks or discolours any clothing! ;)

Kirk, Princess uses the same kind. Darn things can be difficult to remove if you don't take them off for any length of time. I've finally started removing them as soon as the clothes come back from the laundry in fear I'll resend the same item out with the old tag in it and boy would that cause them confusion! :o

Kirk, Princess uses the same kind. Darn things can be difficult to remove if you don't take them off for any length of time. I've finally started removing them as soon as the clothes come back from the laundry in fear I'll resend the same item out with the old tag in it and boy would that cause them confusion! :o

Your more organized than I am, I wait until they irritate my neck before I remember they are there! :o

OP - thank you for the information.

After 550+ days cruising and using HAL's Laundry I must say that I have never noticed any scent in the laundry. They have lost one socket (very small sock), but nothing has shrunk or been discolored in my experience. I send everything that is washable to their laundry except for bras and a white silk blouse. Just my experience.

One cruise we would send laundry out, and every time it would come back with all of our stuff wonderfully done, AND one or two pairs of boys socks. never found out which little kid was missing socks, we just gave them to the concierge.

As well, the laundry never looses, shrinks or discolours any clothing! ;)

Never say never! They must put the slip you fill out for laundry on top of your basket and then mark your room number on the slip. The person who did our last load used a black marker pen instead of a ball point pen and it bleed though to my very good light color shorts. It took a few days but they got most of it out. I wasn't a happy camper. :(

Other than that, we had excellent service and laundry was very nicely done.

Utahtea

Thank you for this information.

Watson's aunt-

The laundry tags I have always found are not stapled in but rather stuck on.

Our last Panama Canal Cruise Nov 2013 had the laundry tags looped through button holes and belt loops before their ends being stapled together. We did not have to unpeel any tags from our collars. Prying the staples open did cause a few pokes of the fingers.

It would be interesting to have regular cc members report how many of those sticky tags are still in their closets.

Our last Panama Canal Cruise Nov 2013 had the laundry tags looped through button holes and belt loops before their ends being stapled together. We did not have to unpeel any tags from our collars. Prying the staples open did cause a few pokes of the fingers.

It would be interesting to have regular cc members report how many of those sticky tags are still in their closets.

Between HAL & Princess my "cruise closet" is full of them. :o:o

The only negative I have ever heard about HAL laundry other than the occasional lost item are those pesky tags they put in the collar or waist of clothes.

Not anything that can't easily be dealt with.

Staples? I wouldn't like that at all. Peeling would be much easier than prying off staples. :eek:

The only negative I have ever heard about HAL laundry other than the occasional lost item are those pesky tags they put in the collar or waist of clothes.

NCL also uses them.

I think we also had them on Carnival, Celebrity, and RCI but I might be misremembering.

Just remember, hypoallergenic does not mean you won't be sensitive/allergic to it. It just means the average person does not react to it. I am allergic to many hypoallergenic products unfortunately.