FOTS - Deck 9

If you had a room on deck 9 of FOTS within this past year, as an inner room (I have no clue what side/end), what were your pros/cons of this room? We would have like to have had a better room, but could not afford it.:(

Although we used an interior room across the hall from ours as a stateroom for our children, we have never stayed in one, so I cannot speak from experience.

But basically the "cons" as I would see it is that they are the smallest rooms on the ship, so depending on how many people are staying in it, the room will be more crowded feeling than other staterooms. Also, there is no window/balcony, which to me, is important.

The "pros" would be as you indicate, they typically are the least expensive staterooms so you have more of your budget for other things on the cruise. And most people don't spend too much time in their staterooms other than for changing and sleeping, so from that point of view the room would be fine.

Location would be another factor to consider. We typically like to be near the aft elevator lobby, usually a couple of decks from the top decks and a few decks above the restaurants which for us makes getting around to the places we want to be on the ship the most convenient to our stateroom. But that is just our preference.

But enjoy your cruise - there is far more to do and enjoy rather than spending too much time in your stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Haven't done inside, but we've been on Freedom 3 times. Deck 9 is my favorite. We also like to be near the aft elevator as it makes it so easy to get around. Straight down for dining, up just a couple of decks to the pool, straight up to Crown Lounge and Windjammer. Except for the theater and the gym, most things are near the aft elevators. We were four or five cabins aft of the elevators and the ride was just fine. Hope this helps.

We spent 2 weeks on deck 9 of Independence [Freedom's almost identical sister]. We loved it. The biggest con to insides are the small size and lack of a way to see out -- no natural light. Obviously the biggest plus is price.

I would recommend locating near an elevator -- the halls on Freedom class ships are LOOONG!

My DW and I stayed in an inside room, deck 9, near the rear. My DD and SIL stayed in the same area but closer to the center. Their room was the same size as ours but $100.00 more due to location.

We like inside rooms because we are rarely in the room and see no need to pay extra for a balcony we wont use much. I do agree it's a long walk from the elevators to the aft rooms but otherwise they are fine.

Earlier this month we stayed on deck 9 (9610 and 9611). Ours was a balcony and very spacious with a couch. The kids were across the hall in an inside cabin. It was quite a bit smaller and had an armchair for extra seating. I had originally booked the inside room for the four of us and I'm glad that we ended up getting two rooms. Four of us in that room would have been very tight.

I loved the location on the ship. Not too far from the elevators/stairs. A few floors from Windjammer, pool and sports area where we spent a lot of our time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you everyone for getting back with me in regard to inner rooms on deck 9. I have no clue whether we will be close to an elevator, or on one end or not, but guess we will find out Sunday. :)

Yes, I agree, there two of us, so maybe it won't be too crowded, as I figured the inner room would be small, and we won't be in there that much. As I said before, if it was Carnival or Princess or HAL, we would have had an oceanview, or balcany, but this was expensive for an inner room. Hopefully it will prove out to be "worth" it.:) The last time we were on RCCL, they lost ourluggage for almost 4 days.:(

Thank you everyone for getting back with me in regard to inner rooms on deck 9. I have no clue whether we will be close to an elevator, or on one end or not, but guess we will find out Sunday. :)

Yes, I agree, there two of us, so maybe it won't be too crowded, as I figured the inner room would be small, and we won't be in there that much. As I said before, if it was Carnival or Princess or HAL, we would have had an oceanview, or balcany, but this was expensive for an inner room. Hopefully it will prove out to be "worth" it.:) The last time we were on RCCL, they lost ourluggage for almost 4 days.:(

All you have to do is pull up the deckplans on the cruise line website. You will be able to see exactly where your cabin is and where the elevators are located. The website will also tell you the quare footage of the cabin. Royal Caribbean's website has the same information available as any other cruise line.

You will be fine...there are so many outside places to be, that you will simply spend more time "out and about"...

Just think of it this way...you are getting exactly the same amenities and activities, meals, and fun as everyone else, at a fraction of the cost!

EMW, what a small world. Who knows, we may be passing each other within the next 7 days, and have no clue that we did. You have a great cruise too.:)

Were in room #9579, and it doesn't look like it is too far from the elevators, sort of in the middle. I will probably be doing the "steps" most of the time, if I can. My friend won't be able to, but I told her she can ride the elevator, and wait for me on what ever floor we are going to.:)