Princess Cays Sanctuary Bungalow Complaint

MrJulius

Before we went on our cruise last week I had posted a few questions here. I am going to post my experience so that others can make an informed decision.

We had a Sanctuary bungalow last year and absolutely loved it.

This year we loved it as well. Right up to 1:00 PM.

The first set of attendants worked from 8:00 to 12:30. They were fantastic. They couldn't do enough for everyone that had a bungalow. The guys were really working hard for all of us. We tipped them well for their above and beyond service. They told us that another set of crew members would take over at 12:30.

The new guys came and were hard to find. At 1:00 one of them walked by and my wife asked him for a cocktail. He said no and that the bars were closed. My wife asked him if all of the bars were closed and he said yes. She asked him if there was anywhere that she could get some water. He told her no because all of the bars were closed. He walked away.

The people that were in bungalows on either side of us, upon hearing this news, decided to pack up and leave. Within 15 minutes we were the only bungalow left. The two new attendants were clearing out the rest of the bungalows at breakneck speed. Then they left. I mean left for good. They dropped the chain that has the reserved area sign on it and we never saw them again.

It wasn't even 1:30 yet. The last tender wasn't leaving for another two hours.

With no attendant at the entrance and no sign and chain indicating otherwise, people started wandering down the path and into the Sanctuary area. This was no fault of their own, but it was like a scene from the Walking Dead when a section of fence comes down.

The fun part of the story is when my wife and I went to the swimming area after all of this, swam for a while, then went up to the bar nearest the swimming area and had plenty of whatever we wanted. The bar was not closed and the bartenders were happy to serve anyone that walked up.

The reason that I bring this up is because you expect a certain level of service paying $$$ for the Sanctuary bungalows that come with attendants. Imagine if the Sanctuary attendants did this on the ships Sanctuary. They would be set adrift.

The same would apply if the waiters in the Crown Grill disappeared before the end of your meal or the masseuse walked out of the room with 15 minutes left on your massage time and other people wandered into your room to look around while you are still laying on the table.

This was just not acceptable.

The end of cruise survey email came to me today and I filled it out accordingly.

It didn't ruin my cruise. It didn't ruin my day. It didn't even ruin my afternoon. I don't want compensation. I don't expect anything but an apology.

I hope that Princess reads my survey and maybe even reads this so that in the future they keep the "A" team on at all times. It does matter.

MrJulius

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina

"The new guys came and were hard to find. At 1:00 one of them walked by and my wife asked him for a cocktail. He said no and that the bars were closed. My wife asked him if all of the bars were closed and he said yes. She asked him if there was anywhere that she could get some water. He told her no because all of the bars were closed. He walked away.

The people that were in bungalows on either side of us, upon hearing this news, decided to pack up and leave. Within 15 minutes we were the only bungalow left."

All the other people left because you couldn't get a drink? really?

Edited by cruzsnooze

Cruzsnooze,

If we weren't getting served no one else was either. The bungalows on either side of us were right there for the conversation. They made comments right then and there. I can only assume that the others were told that they weren't getting served either.

Any other inference is just silly.

Colo Cruiser,

If I make a complaint, which is pretty rare, I make it at the corporate level and trust that it trickles down the right channels. There is just too much motive to kill something at the "local" level and corporate never knows.

Right or wrong that's the road I chose in this situation.

Did you inform the Shore excursion desk when you got back on the ship? They need to know so they can correct the issue ASAP. While it's appropriate to use the survey, your first stop should be the Shore Excursion Desk.

Did you inform the Shore excursion desk when you got back on the ship? They need to know so they can correct the issue ASAP. While it's appropriate to use the survey, your first stop should be the Shore Excursion Desk.

And they have the authority to make it right for you monetarily (in my opinion you should get a 50% refund).

I agree with those who suggested the shore excursion desk should be the first stop. We had an excursion to Passion Island in Cozumel and we were very disappointed with it. Having done this same excursion at least 6 times we knew what to expect and what we got was not acceptable. We immediately went to the shore excurison desk and received a 50% refund. We also stated our concerns on the survey and emailed corporate.

First, I think you have a very valid complaint.

Second, I agree with the others that your first stop should have been at the excursion desk and I think you should have gotten 50% of the cost of your bungalow returned to your account.

Please let us know any further developments in this matter.

Mike:)

Colo Cruiser,

If I make a complaint, which is pretty rare, I make it at the corporate level and trust that it trickles down the right channels. There is just too much motive to kill something at the "local" level and corporate never knows.

Right or wrong that's the road I chose in this situation.

Thats fine but there is such a disconnect between corporate and fleet it works the other way too and never gets addressed.

They need to know asap what went wrong. By the time anyone gets the complaint its weeks if not months later.

If I had experienced what the OP did, I probably would never have thought to talk to someone at the Excursions desk, so thanks for posting this suggestion! It is a great one, and though I hope to never have to use it, I'll keep it in my pocket in case I need it!

I don't know if you read my review from April 13 sailing date on Royal-

But I did receive $50-from shore excursion director--

recap: a "worker" from adult sanctuary walked a 10 person group, including 3 kids to the bungalow next to mine. I demanded as politely as possible that he remove that group at once. He took 1 hour to get the shore excursion person to agree that he made a mistake. I had to be pro active to get the worker to get the director in the first place. It was a very unpleasant experience!

If I had experienced what the OP did, I probably would never have thought to talk to someone at the Excursions desk, so thanks for posting this suggestion! It is a great one, and though I hope to never have to use it, I'll keep it in my pocket in case I need it!
They are the ones responsible for your booking. :) I've had several bad tour/excursion experiences and by reporting to the Shore Excursion Desk the who, how, what, where and when, I've received partial refunds of 25-50%, depending on the tour and impact of the issue.

They are the ones responsible for your booking. :) I've had several bad tour/excursion experiences and by reporting to the Shore Excursion Desk the who, how, what, where and when, I've received partial refunds of 25-50%, depending on the tour and impact of the issue.

Of course -- you explain it so reasonably that I feel like a fool for realizing that I simply might not have thought of it! But now I will.

I have had a bad experience with the response of shore excursions desk, when doing Dolphin Swim in St Thomas, I was badly stung by jelly fish tentacles, they were on the barriers of the enclosure, I could not complete the Dolphin swim and had pain all day and night, with many marks all over my legs. It was obvious from the reaction of the staff that this was a frequent occurrence. There was also a problem with a very rude captain of the ferry, I complained to shore excursion desk- result apology but no refund, they really did not care!

If I had been in the ocean. jelly fish could have been just one of those things, but this was an enclosure, the problem was broken tentacles on the barrier fence and we should have at least have been warned, the rudeness of the captain, telling us (because he was very late) that if we had a problem hold your hand up now or do not complain again was rude and intimidating!