Lunch options on the Riviera

melody hounddog

!. Terrace Buffet

2. Waves Grill

3. Grand Dining Room

4. Room Service

5. Build your appetite and wait for Tea in Horizons at 4:00.

Enjoy:cool:

Fascinating question! Planning an Oceania cruise is all about the meals and lunch often gets short shrift in that regard.

While Option #5 above is an admirable ambition, I see no reason why a gluttonous tea time can't be accommodated without sacrificing an opportunity to also enjoy the midday repast. The secret is to book a somewhat late dinner reservation, giving the digestive system time to recover from all the wonderful pastries consumed during High Tea.

Use the intervening time to relax and, perhaps, have an aperitif or two in order to properly prepare the palate for the evening's main event. (This is a secret the English have known about for quite a long time.) If you're English; sherry works quite well. If you're American; bourbon produces similar effects.

Gawd, I love Oceania cruises!

!. Terrace Buffet

2. Waves Grill

3. Grand Dining Room

4. Room Service

Wow !!! Really tough with all those options. For me I like a burger from Waves with lobster on the side. Can't go wrong with any option you choose. :):):):)

At Baristas they had lots of little sandwiches at lunch time. The sandwiches are behind the area where they serve you the coffee...towards the entrance into the library. I believe they also have cookies there.

At Baristas they had lots of little sandwiches at lunch time. The sandwiches are behind the area where they serve you the coffee...towards the entrance into the library. I believe they also have cookies there.

And though there is a charge for the coffees, there is none for the finger sandwiches and little cakes, tarts and cookies!:D

And though there is a charge for the coffees' date=' there is none for the finger sandwiches and little cakes, tarts and cookies!:D[/quote']

As far as I know there is no charge for coffee anywhere on the ship.

As far as I know there is no charge for coffee anywhere on the ship.

I suspect there might be a charge for specialty coffees with liquor like Irish coffee (not my cup of tea :)) but not for standard cappuccino, latte, etc

I suspect there might be a charge for specialty coffees with liquor like Irish coffee (not my cup of tea :)) but not for standard cappuccino, latte, etc

Exactly. There is no charge for any type of coffee or tea in any venue, UNLESS

alcohol has been added to it.

recipe1244.jpgFYI don't miss the Iced Cappuccino in a tall glass (thanks Naomi! :D ), which is available throughout the ship. It will rock your World!

That is correct! Here's the list of alcohol-enhanced specialty coffees (http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/):

Specialty Coffees

• French Kiss - Grand Marnier, Courvoisier, Hot Coffee and Fresh Cream
  • Café Ole - Spanish Brandy, Kahlúa, Hot Coffee and Fresh Cream
  • Café Oceania - Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Cognac, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream
  • Aspen Coffee - Bailey's, Kahlúa, Frangelico, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream
  • Traditional Irish Coffee - Irish Whiskey, Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream
  • Toscana - Grappa, Frangelico. Hot Coffee, and Fresh Cream

Specialty coffees with liquor are included in the Prestige Beverage Package.

And though there is a charge for the coffees' date=' there is none for the finger sandwiches and little cakes, tarts and cookies!:D[/quote']

Where do you get this misinformation from :confused:

Only three more weeks from today and I once again will have the opportunity to enjoy my almost daily order of double surf/no turf/no bun at Waves Grill!:D

Have a great trip! If you can, please post a picture or two when you get back.

!. Terrace Buffet

2. Waves Grill

3. Grand Dining Room

4. Room Service

You could do as I usually do:

1. Go by the GDR; check the daily menus.

2. Walk through the Terrace Buffet; look over all the choices.

3. Go to Waves and have the incredible Wagyu Burger with black truffle sauce.

4. Return to Terrace Buffet. Check out the desserts again. Indulge.

5. Repeat Step #4 as necessary.

6. Rest up before High Tea.

S O B does a bit more than we do, but we certainly agree about checking out the menus in advance.

I like lunch in the GDR because that way I tend to eat LESS. But if I don't like the menu, then we'll go to Terrace. Again, we check out the menu. Of course, lots more choices here being a buffet as opposed to a served meal.

(On sea days we tend to have breakfast in the GDR so by the time we leave the luncheon menu is usually up.)

If nothing else pleases (or we're back late from a tour) then we go to Waves.

Last resort is Room Service, but it's not really a last resort. There are a number of nice choices there.

It's hard to feel food deprived on board ...

Mura

Are the Dinner menus for the main dining room and the Terrace available to view on the TV as on Regent?

We would normally review the MDR menu whilst dressing for dinner and decide what we fancied, there is always something delicious and it gave us time to really think what we would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the Dinner menus for the main dining room and the Terrace available to view on the TV as on Regent?

We would normally review the MDR menu whilst dressing for dinner and decide what we fancied, there is always something delicious and it gave us time to really think what we would like.

Take a walk to the MDR and Terrace where menus are posted right after breakfast for lunch and right after lunch for dinner. No TV postings......

Sometimes you can ask your room steward/stewardess for the dinner menus to be delivered the night before.

This is not a standard service - you have to ask for it and the higher cabin level you are staying in, the more likely it is that this will happen. Worth a try.

On our last couple of cruises the menus were delivered the night before with the issue of Currents. I am not sure they were for the next day or for the day after so be sure and check.

On our Regatta cruise we are just back from they delivered the day after tomorrow menu with the next day's Currents. Today being the 3rd you would get the 4th Currents and the 5th menu tonight. Just had to keep them straight.

It was convenient to have them in the room to refer to decide where you wanted to go.