May 1st 2014 - Weigh In Thread

Not sure where Belle is so thought I'd start the thread. Happy May to all ... I'm hoping for flowers and spring time ... still cold here (most days) with lots of rain.

I am back on my diet (went to the doctor and got quite the lecture) .. I am down 1.4# this week (although I lost that last year) 8# to get back to where I was and 17.5# to my goal.

Good luck all ... hoping that Belle posts soon .. and that everything is ok with her. Jan

Jan, I too, went to the doctor. I didn't get a lecture, but I did find out that my blood sugar was elevated. I started a whole different diet than the one I was on and now I am down 4lbs. I have to lose 11.5 to get to my goal weight.

I hope that all is well with Belle.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to you, Jan.

Rose

Hi all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread. Maybe Belle's having computer problems again. Good for you losing that much weight! The last time I was at my doctor's he said you should lose some weight, you're looking chubby!

So here I am near the top of my weight scale with 2 cruises ahead! Sure hope my clothes still fit or I'll have to wear a muumuu.

Rose ~ good going with your new diet! Have to keep an eye on those blood sugar levels.

Well it looks like I lost .......6/10 lbs! I'm about 15 lbs away from where I want to be & probably 30 from where I should be.:o

See you on the 22nd.

~ Jo ~ :)

Good Morning Ladies , Can I join in ? We are booked on a princess cruise out of Houston TX jan. 2014 , I am starting back on Nutrisystems :D lost 80 pounds a couple of years ago & have kept it off :D but it's time to Loss those last pesky 20 pounds. can always use the extra support and even a kick in the pants if needed

Good Morning Ladies , Can I join in ? We are booked on a princess cruise out of Houston TX jan. 2014 , I am starting back on Nutrisystems :D lost 80 pounds a couple of years ago & have kept it off :D but it's time to Loss those last pesky 20 pounds. can always use the extra support and even a kick in the pants if needed

Amazing that you lost 80# (and managed to keep it off) I really find maintaining is very difficult. It always seems to be the most difficult to lose the last 10-20#. Which is why I am back on my diet!

You and everyone/anyone are welcome to join in the "fun" there is a new thread each Thursday, usually Belle will start the thread, but if for some reason she can't post someone else will start it.

It's a good group of people ... there is no judging of others as we are all trying to get healthy and its so nice to have others to talk to that are in the same boat (no pun intended) ...

Jo - Have a wonderful time on your trip ... looking forward to hearing about it when you return. Nice that you are starting off with a loss!

Rose - what is different about this diet? 4 pounds is great. I have spent years dieting myself out of being diabetic ... but not anymore ... guess I should have spent more time eating healthier!

Have a great week all ... Jan

Jan, for me I am just starting out with this diet so I think that is why I lost so much the first week. It is such a drastic change from my normal eating habits. I always thought that I was doing well until I looked up some guidelines on the American Diabetes Association website.

I am still experimenting but for now, I have cut out most obvious carbs...no bread, potatoes, or pasta. I am watching my sugar intake very carefully. I am eating grilled lean meat for dinner with lots of steamed vegetables.

I am hoping to be able to control my blood sugar with diet alone, even though my doctor is skeptical. My sugar count was not that high so I am thinking positively.

Rose

HI all!

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies & welcome to the new poster.:D

Rose ~ that would be a drastic change of diet for me too! Hope it helps & keeps you away from diabetes.

I'm scared going cruising while at my heaviest weight as I'll probably gain a few pounds, always do. I never have bread before meals at home so will have to resist that yummy temptation & the bigger breakfasts.:o

See you later alligators!

~ Jo ~ :)

Good Morning ladies , looks like the sun MIGHT be tring to peak out WooHoo !! we have had such a dismal winter here in the northeast.

DH took his motorcycle and headed south on tuesday for 10 days , so I've been on my own this week LOVING IT :D :D , we have VERY different eating styles so it's nice not having to cook him supper. and without any of his junk food in the house I'm down 2 pounds

I noticed in my original post that I said Jan / 2014 ….. looks like I missed the boat :D , should of said Jan / 2015

Good Morning ladies , looks like the sun MIGHT be tring to peak out WooHoo !! we have had such a dismal winter here in the northeast.

DH took his motorcycle and headed south on tuesday for 10 days , so I've been on my own this week LOVING IT :D :D , we have VERY different eating styles so it's nice not having to cook him supper. and without any of his junk food in the house I'm down 2 pounds

I noticed in my original post that I said Jan / 2014 ….. looks like I missed the boat :D , should of said Jan / 2015

Welcome to the board, fox. This made me laugh out loud. Whenever my dh travels I always find it easier to lose, too. I don't buy any desserts and I can usually just eat a lean cuisine or something similar for dinner. He will be traveling for the next three weeks, so this is a good opportunity for me to get really strict with myself.

Congrats on the two pounds.

Rose

Happy 11th wedding anniversary to me :D , yes I did say DH was gone on a week long motorcycle wander :eek: , he forgot V-day , forgot my B-day ( at least he's consistent :p ) Did I mention I booked us on a cruise in January LOL , boy does he have some kissing up to do :D have excursions planned for 2 ports , motorcycle tour in Cozumel & diving in Roatan , anybody got any ideas for Belize ??

I thought the 'scale" was the devil..

but wonder about my internet....

does the devil have a son?

Think the internet is on..see's me coming

into the room..goes OFF!

Must be off messing with someone else

because the internet is working.

Seems like everyone did pretty well. Keep it up.

JO..on cruise now. Know you'll have fun.

Welcome Fox..Have to give hints to husbands sometimes!

Their not like us women..who remember "everything"! LOL

Have a good week everyone.